Log in:  

Register

73rd Giro Dell'Appennino 15/04/12

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

73rd Giro Dell'Appennino 15/04/12

09 Apr 2012 16:04

Obviously I'll be at the finishing line :D
Image
Image
Last 20 winners:
2011 Damiano Cunego
2010 Robert Kišerlovski
2009 Vincenzo Nibali
2008 Alessandro Bertolini
2007 Alessandro Bertolini
2006 Rinaldo Nocentini
2005 Gilberto Simoni
2004 Damiano Cunego
2003 Gilberto Simoni
2002 Giuliano Figueras
2001 Aleksandr Šefer
2000 Mauro Zanetti
1999 Simone Borgheresi
1998 Pavel Tonkov
1997 Pavel Tonkov
1996 Wladimir Belli
1995 Francesco Casagrande
1994 Evgenij Berzin
1993 Giuseppe Calcaterra
1992 Claudio Chiappucci

All-time fastest climb of Bocchetta: Gilberto Simoni 21' 54'', 2003
A race that doesn't give an attacker the chance to finish it off alone is not a race anymore.


Bronze Medal at the Great Grand Tour Game 2012

WARNING: Location says Germany, but I'm Italian...
User avatar Eshnar
Senior Member
 
Posts: 6,972
Joined: 24 Mar 2011 11:25
Location: Frankfurt am Main

09 Apr 2012 16:18

such a great classic. :cool:
User avatar Lupetto
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,232
Joined: 08 Sep 2010 10:05

09 Apr 2012 16:21

Lupetto wrote:such a great classic. :cool:

Indeed... :)
A race that doesn't give an attacker the chance to finish it off alone is not a race anymore.


Bronze Medal at the Great Grand Tour Game 2012

WARNING: Location says Germany, but I'm Italian...
User avatar Eshnar
Senior Member
 
Posts: 6,972
Joined: 24 Mar 2011 11:25
Location: Frankfurt am Main

09 Apr 2012 17:05

androni vs the rest

Uitslag:
1 Damiano CUNEGO LAM 4:27:47
2 Emanuele SELLA AND 0
3 Luis Felipe LAVERDE JIMENEZ CEP 0
4 Jackson RODRIGUEZ AND 0
5 Pasquale MUTO MIE 0
6 José RUJANO GUILLEN AND 0
7 Alessandro DE MARCHI AND 0
8 Giovanni VISCONTI FAR +1:55
9 Stefan SCHUMACHER MIE +1:55
10 Angel VICIOSO ARCOS AND +1:55
User avatar Ryo Hazuki
Senior Member
 
Posts: 15,534
Joined: 31 Mar 2010 13:50

09 Apr 2012 20:03

one of my favourite races.
and he's coming.may is coming too.

Image
Vino 4ever
User avatar jens_attacks
Senior Member
 
Posts: 12,436
Joined: 08 Sep 2009 18:00

09 Apr 2012 20:32

I can't wait any longer :)
User avatar Ryo Hazuki
Senior Member
 
Posts: 15,534
Joined: 31 Mar 2010 13:50

09 Apr 2012 20:49

Ryo Hazuki wrote:androni vs the rest

Uitslag:
1 Damiano CUNEGO LAM 4:27:47
2 Emanuele SELLA AND 0
3 Luis Felipe LAVERDE JIMENEZ CEP 0
4 Jackson RODRIGUEZ AND 0
5 Pasquale MUTO MIE 0
6 José RUJANO GUILLEN AND 0
7 Alessandro DE MARCHI AND 0
8 Giovanni VISCONTI FAR +1:55
9 Stefan SCHUMACHER MIE +1:55
10 Angel VICIOSO ARCOS AND +1:55


Hah! Thanks for the reminder. Now I remember it.
EPIC Androni fail.
Makes Sky efforts yesterday look extremely successful.
4 against Cunego, but all in a small group, yet Savio's boys rode like a bunch of clowns.
Team work went out the window as each took turns at attacking Lampre's finest, but NEVER did they hit him with a double (or triple) whammy.
Damiano, took it all.............and them all, with ease.
Mellow Velo
Senior Member
 
Posts: 9,592
Joined: 11 Mar 2009 09:48

09 Apr 2012 20:54

Eshnar wrote:Obviously I'll be at the finishing line :D
Image
Image
Last 20 winners:
2011 Damiano Cunego
2010 Robert Kišerlovski
2009 Vincenzo Nibali
2008 Alessandro Bertolini
2007 Alessandro Bertolini
2006 Rinaldo Nocentini
2005 Gilberto Simoni
2004 Damiano Cunego
2003 Gilberto Simoni
2002 Giuliano Figueras
2001 Aleksandr Šefer
2000 Mauro Zanetti
1999 Simone Borgheresi
1998 Pavel Tonkov
1997 Pavel Tonkov
1996 Wladimir Belli
1995 Francesco Casagrande
1994 Evgenij Berzin
1993 Giuseppe Calcaterra
1992 Claudio Chiappucci

All-time fastest climb of Bocchetta: Gilberto Simoni 21' 54'', 2003


You know, I really miss Simoni!:(
"It's a little bit scarey when Contador attacks." Tommie Voeckler
User avatar Angliru
Senior Member
 
Posts: 5,990
Joined: 10 Mar 2009 13:30

09 Apr 2012 21:47

Angliru wrote:You know, I really miss Simoni!:(


I miss him as well, and his grinta and ability to animate races in particular, but he just didn't have anything left in him anymore. At least he went away in good style, somewhat fulfilled in comparison with Heras for example, a rider of similar talent I believe.

Slightly off topic, I'm almost sure you have it, but just in case, some good man has uploaded Gibo's 2005 Mont Faron spectacular win in decent quality:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SubqzP8ppFU
User avatar Gregory
Junior Member
 
Posts: 129
Joined: 13 Jul 2009 09:55

09 Apr 2012 21:49

One of the best one day race around. :p much much better than some up north :p :D ..will it be available live?
Testing the bounds of reality.
User avatar Zam_Olyas
Senior Member
 
Posts: 8,111
Joined: 30 Sep 2011 10:17
Location: Rubber Plantation.

10 Apr 2012 07:31

Zam_Olyas wrote:One of the best one day race around. :p much much better than some up north :p :D ..will it be available live?

I can't find infos about it :(
I don't think it will anyway, since there's AGR...
A race that doesn't give an attacker the chance to finish it off alone is not a race anymore.


Bronze Medal at the Great Grand Tour Game 2012

WARNING: Location says Germany, but I'm Italian...
User avatar Eshnar
Senior Member
 
Posts: 6,972
Joined: 24 Mar 2011 11:25
Location: Frankfurt am Main

10 Apr 2012 10:00

Mellow Velo wrote:Hah! Thanks for the reminder. Now I remember it.
EPIC Androni fail.
Makes Sky efforts yesterday look extremely successful.
4 against Cunego, but all in a small group, yet Savio's boys rode like a bunch of clowns.
Team work went out the window as each took turns at attacking Lampre's finest, but NEVER did they hit him with a double (or triple) whammy.
Damiano, took it all.............and them all, with ease.


because cunego is a faster sprinter. besides androni couldn't care les.s this is mere training for them. roubaix. for sky, now that is something else. the giro was very succesful for androni
User avatar Ryo Hazuki
Senior Member
 
Posts: 15,534
Joined: 31 Mar 2010 13:50

10 Apr 2012 10:46

Ryo Hazuki wrote:androni vs the rest

Uitslag:
1 Damiano CUNEGO LAM 4:27:47
2 Emanuele SELLA AND 0
3 Luis Felipe LAVERDE JIMENEZ CEP 0
4 Jackson RODRIGUEZ AND 0
5 Pasquale MUTO MIE 0
6 José RUJANO GUILLEN AND 0
7 Alessandro DE MARCHI AND 0
8 Giovanni VISCONTI FAR +1:55
9 Stefan SCHUMACHER MIE +1:55
10 Angel VICIOSO ARCOS AND +1:55


OMG 4 Androni in a group of 7 and cunego still won!
User avatar dlwssonic
Senior Member
 
Posts: 5,202
Joined: 27 May 2010 16:52

11 Apr 2012 11:27

Scarponi will race this. It will be interesting.
A race that doesn't give an attacker the chance to finish it off alone is not a race anymore.


Bronze Medal at the Great Grand Tour Game 2012

WARNING: Location says Germany, but I'm Italian...
User avatar Eshnar
Senior Member
 
Posts: 6,972
Joined: 24 Mar 2011 11:25
Location: Frankfurt am Main

14 Apr 2012 15:05

This should be the start list:

http://www.cicloweb.it/tappa/2012-04-15/giro-dell-appennino.html

Duarte will be there too
User avatar Peccio89
Junior Member
 
Posts: 382
Joined: 04 Jun 2011 15:02
Location: Lombardy, Italy

14 Apr 2012 16:42

Rubiano vs Moser vs Battaglin
User avatar TeoSheva
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,860
Joined: 04 Feb 2011 10:33
Location: Zurich

14 Apr 2012 21:41

Di Luca anyone?
User avatar TourOfSardinia
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,715
Joined: 16 Feb 2010 14:25
Location: Sardinia

15 Apr 2012 00:03

I think Scarponi could win this ( as long as he sticks to the Androni boys ). All 8 of them are good riders as well.

I hope Moser goes well here.
I'd agree with you but then we'd both be wrong

The Grand Boucle wasn't just Europe's for the taking.

Quote:VAE
"Has Porte ever dropped Nibali in any mountain?"
D&C "He will soon..."
greenedge
Senior Member
 
Posts: 5,264
Joined: 27 Mar 2011 04:23

15 Apr 2012 02:48

Gregory wrote:I miss him as well, and his grinta and ability to animate races in particular, but he just didn't have anything left in him anymore. At least he went away in good style, somewhat fulfilled in comparison with Heras for example, a rider of similar talent I believe.

Slightly off topic, I'm almost sure you have it, but just in case, some good man has uploaded Gibo's 2005 Mont Faron spectacular win in decent quality:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SubqzP8ppFU


Thanks! Really enjoyed watching that again. I think I have it on a dvd as a bonus add on to the MSR for that year. It's been so long since I've seen that I had forgotten that a young Contador was driving the pace for Liberty for a large part of the climb. Simoni was in rare form that day. To this day I still lust for one of those Cannondale Six/13's!:)
"It's a little bit scarey when Contador attacks." Tommie Voeckler
User avatar Angliru
Senior Member
 
Posts: 5,990
Joined: 10 Mar 2009 13:30

15 Apr 2012 06:27

TourOfSardinia wrote:Di Luca anyone?


i hope so.not too many guys who can beat him in the group sprint too.this might finally be the one.
Vino 4ever
User avatar jens_attacks
Senior Member
 
Posts: 12,436
Joined: 08 Sep 2009 18:00

Next

Return to Professional road racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Andro, Hakkapelit, markjohnconley, No_Balls, Pentacycle, personal, The Tristero, UncleTupelo, Velolover2 and 61 guests

Back to top