Register

Angel Madrazo: A Legend in the Making

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

24 Sep 2013 11:16

I hope he comes back to the TOB after that showing of combativeness and being prepared to being up the road virtually the whole time, and then make Spanish Worlds squad next time also.
User avatar sublimit

24 Sep 2013 17:54

José Been ‏@TourDeJose 2m
Angel Madrazo, @TourofBritain KoM and Yodel sprints winner signs with Caja Rural. No new deal with Movistar (via @ammattipyoraily)
User avatar Bye Bye Bicycle

24 Sep 2013 18:07

Bye Bye Bicycle wrote:José Been ‏@TourDeJose 2m
Angel Madrazo, @TourofBritain KoM and Yodel sprints winner signs with Caja Rural. No new deal with Movistar (via @ammattipyoraily)

Well, ****. I was hoping he'd go to Lampre.
Vino attacks everyone describes Benjamin Noval:
it says, AC will win the tour, but he has no idea on the amount of time he will win it with (which is fair, since he is only the god of feast and drink, not time and space)
Beech Mtn

24 Sep 2013 18:34

Are you kidding? The guy's punctuated the last few weeks with insane levels of combativity, and now he's moving to a team where he can learn from the best!
User avatar Libertine Seguros

24 Sep 2013 18:52

Libertine Seguros wrote:Are you kidding? The guy's punctuated the last few weeks with insane levels of combativity, and now he's moving to a team where he can learn from the best!

I can see it now: team pre-race strategy meeting on the bus. Giant argument over who's going in the break today. And they both go. Every day. And attack each other for mountain points and intermediate sprints. Oh god. :p

I guess now he'll get to ride the Vuelta every year, which is more than he got at Movistar.
Vino attacks everyone describes Benjamin Noval:
it says, AC will win the tour, but he has no idea on the amount of time he will win it with (which is fair, since he is only the god of feast and drink, not time and space)
Beech Mtn

24 Sep 2013 19:58

Beech Mtn wrote:I can see it now: team pre-race strategy meeting on the bus. Giant argument over who's going in the break today. And they both go. Every day. And attack each other for mountain points and intermediate sprints. Oh god. :p

I guess now he'll get to ride the Vuelta every year, which is more than he got at Movistar.

Can't forget Aramendia. He's got to get his breaks in too. It's going to be like a daily version of that Euskaltel TTT with Txurruka and Verdugo pulling Nieve across to the break for the win on Cotobello (that was a great move btw).

The next step is to hire Jacky Durand as a tactical coördinator.
User avatar Libertine Seguros

24 Sep 2013 20:18

Hoogerland doesnt have a team for 2014 yet, and not sure if Pirazzi has already signed a new deal for 2014. A lot of oppertunities for Caja!
User avatar Ruudz0r

24 Sep 2013 20:44

This is actually good for Madrazo.

He wasn't going to get any opportunities at Movistar and at Caja he will be able to ride for himself on all important spanish races plus a few smaller races around europe where he could pick up a few wins.

Also considering that Caja has been slowly upping their game every year and are investing on a long term project, it is actually a very good place for a young aggressive rider like Madrazo.
User avatar Parrulo

Previous

Return to Professional road racing