Register

Ivan Basso Discussion Thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Do you think basso will win Il Giro this year?

Poll ended at 02 May 2012 22:05

Yes.
34%
No.
66%

Total votes : 112

13 Feb 2015 20:35

Dr. Juice wrote:Let's wait 1 year. With Tinkoff breakfast ...he should be able to regain the level he had in the Vuelta 2013. It's not even 2 years that he was climbing with Nibali, Valverde and Rodriguez.

Yes, he could have been in the top 5 or even on the podium in that Vuelta.
I was really sad when he had to abandon the race, he was ready to go beserk on the Angliru , he looked like he was just waiting for tougher terrain to make the difference.
IMO he would have been in the top 5, i don't know if he would have been strong enough to take Valverdes podium spot but it would have been awesome:)
User avatar Mayomaniac

14 Feb 2015 11:41

Im a huge Basso fan i got into cycling in 2004 watching the TDF so no suprise i liked Basso. Basso may suprise remember in 2013 Vuelta he looked strong before the bad weather he would have been top 5 for sure.
Froome is the man get prepared for this in the next few years he is the best GT rider for long time.
User avatar TANK91

Previous

Return to Professional road racing