Log in:  

Register

Nibali discussion thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

20 May 2013 11:46

Eshnar wrote:I know hope is always a beautiful thing but... you really sure?


It would be nice Froome is diff to Wiggo even though Sky will set the train. Its not like Froome needs it Froome can follow aswell and if Wiggo has the lead after the ITT you can be sure Froome will be gone with Contador to gap Wiggo. And I think its a big possibility Froome will be behind don't you think?. I just think over 3 week the TDF will be better, no one is gonna forget Giro week 2 are they for how bad it has been.I don't no about your opinion what do you think? do you think and epic last week will save the Giro.
User avatar TANK91
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,525
Joined: 09 Mar 2013 21:11

20 May 2013 11:47

Eshnar wrote:Porte did not disappoint ofc. But he's not at the same level as Nibali.

Anyway I was comparing Nibali/Trentino vs Porte/PN and Nibali/TA vs Porte/CI


Ah ok yes I agree Nibali is above Porte.
User avatar TANK91
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,525
Joined: 09 Mar 2013 21:11

20 May 2013 11:50

TANK91 wrote:It would be nice Froome is diff to Wiggo even though Sky will set the train. Its not like Froome needs it Froome can follow aswell and if Wiggo has the lead after the ITT you can be sure Froome will be gone with Contador to gap Wiggo. And I think its a big possibility Froome will be behind don't you think?. I just think over 3 week the TDF will be better, no one is gonna forget Giro week 2 are they for how bad it has been.I don't no about your opinion what do you think? do you think and epic last week will save the Giro.

I actually think Froome will win by small attacks of 2-3 kms. We'll se a lot of SKYtrains this year. It's true Froome doesn't need it but he always used it so I guess he finds it useful. He'll only have to drop Wiggo once to get yellow, and from there on we'll get all the people complaining about the boredom, occasionally stopping due to hopeless AC attacks TA-like.
EDIT:btw I do agree this 2nd week has been disappointing, and the third will probably be too. At least we saw some racing in the first.
A race that doesn't give an attacker the chance to finish it off alone is not a race anymore.


Bronze Medal at the Great Grand Tour Game 2012

WARNING: Location says Germany, but I'm Italian...
User avatar Eshnar
Senior Member
 
Posts: 6,806
Joined: 24 Mar 2011 11:25
Location: Frankfurt am Main

20 May 2013 11:52

Zam_Olyas wrote:And Contador will remain pathetic for the rest of his career. The risk is too high for him.


Zam :D I hope you are not right:o To be honest I think it's pathetic to call Alberto pathetic because he is still pretty strong.
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita
Senior Member
 
Posts: 20,240
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

20 May 2013 11:55

Eshnar wrote:I actually think Froome will win by small attacks of 2-3 kms. We'll se a lot of SKYtrains this year. It's true Froome doesn't need it but he always used it so I guess he finds it useful. He'll only have to drop Wiggo once to get yellow, and from there on we'll get all the people complaining about the boredom, occasionally stopping due to hopeless AC attacks TA-like.
EDIT:btw I do agree this 2nd week has been disappointing, and the third will probably be too. At least we saw some racing in the first.


Maybe they're hopeless, at least they're exciting. This GT doesn't really do any credit to Nibali's most agressive stage racer title.
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita
Senior Member
 
Posts: 20,240
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

20 May 2013 11:55

Eshnar wrote:Porte did not disappoint ofc. But he's not at the same level as Nibali.

Anyway I was comparing Nibali/Trentino vs Porte/PN and Nibali/TA vs Porte/CI


Porte in CI was pretty insane though. Ok maybe not the biggest names although van garderen (but ok i don't think he's that good honestly) but the way he flied past these riders was insane.

And i wonder if Porte was still at this peak then. And he also had the same time on the col d'eze as Wiggins last year.

I think Porte had a chance to defeat Nibali in this giro. For sure a bigger chance than evans and uran
thehog wrote:JV if you truly wish to save cycling.

Do something.

You know it's not real.

Your Garmin guys are getting killed.
User avatar Miburo
Senior Member
 
Posts: 6,207
Joined: 29 Jul 2012 19:33

20 May 2013 11:57

Miburo wrote:And i wonder if Porte was still at this peak then. And he also had the same time on the col d'eze as Wiggins last year.

No one is at his peak in March.
A race that doesn't give an attacker the chance to finish it off alone is not a race anymore.


Bronze Medal at the Great Grand Tour Game 2012

WARNING: Location says Germany, but I'm Italian...
User avatar Eshnar
Senior Member
 
Posts: 6,806
Joined: 24 Mar 2011 11:25
Location: Frankfurt am Main

20 May 2013 11:58

My top 3 GT rider's Froome, Contador, then depending on parcours Purito or Nibali. As Nibali has improved his ITT you'd say Nibali, but this Giro ITT Purito would have done well and I think the Vuelta Purito beats Nibali hands down.
User avatar TANK91
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,525
Joined: 09 Mar 2013 21:11

20 May 2013 11:59

Eshnar wrote:No one is at his peak in March.


I'm talking about his paris-nice shape of course.
thehog wrote:JV if you truly wish to save cycling.

Do something.

You know it's not real.

Your Garmin guys are getting killed.
User avatar Miburo
Senior Member
 
Posts: 6,207
Joined: 29 Jul 2012 19:33

20 May 2013 11:59

LaFlorecita wrote:Maybe they're hopeless, at least they're exciting. This GT doesn't really do any credit to Nibali's most agressive stage racer title.

They're not so exciting when you know they're gonna fail. It's certainly better than watch the peloton riding en masse though.
Anyway Nibali is gonna attack somewhere. I guess stage 20. I don't think he'll be satisfied with the MTT (provided he wins it)
A race that doesn't give an attacker the chance to finish it off alone is not a race anymore.


Bronze Medal at the Great Grand Tour Game 2012

WARNING: Location says Germany, but I'm Italian...
User avatar Eshnar
Senior Member
 
Posts: 6,806
Joined: 24 Mar 2011 11:25
Location: Frankfurt am Main

20 May 2013 12:01

LaFlorecita wrote:Maybe they're hopeless, at least they're exciting. This GT doesn't really do any credit to Nibali's most agressive stage racer title.


I was thinking that, last year people said it was boring in the TDF when they were in Yellow what about Nibali in pink and Astana pulling him up the mountain, its the same think aint it.
User avatar TANK91
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,525
Joined: 09 Mar 2013 21:11

20 May 2013 12:02

I believe it is still too early to have Quintana up there, simply because he has not ridden a GT as a leader yet. (I know he will be up there in the future)
"It is going to be very scary." - Tom Boonen*
User avatar Panda Claws
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,066
Joined: 29 Aug 2011 21:00

20 May 2013 12:07

Miburo wrote:Porte in CI was pretty insane though. Ok maybe not the biggest names although van garderen (but ok i don't think he's that good honestly) but the way he flied past these riders was insane.

And i wonder if Porte was still at this peak then. And he also had the same time on the col d'eze as Wiggins last year.

I think Porte had a chance to defeat Nibali in this giro. For sure a bigger chance than evans and uran


No way mate he wont beat Nibali YET, I can see why your saying that though because the Giro probably does suit Porte more than it did Wiggo, and I agree I said it then Porte's attack in CI after Froome was up the road was pretty violent weren't it lol, went past Mollema like he was standing still. Porte shown in Pais Vasco that he is good on all terrain I know he dint win the ITT but look who won it a climbing beast Quintana lol, so it was not a Porte ITT.
User avatar TANK91
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,525
Joined: 09 Mar 2013 21:11

20 May 2013 12:08

TANK91 wrote:No way mate he wont beat Nibali YET, I can see why your saying that though because the Giro probably does suit Porte more than it did Wiggo, and I agree I said it then Porte's attack in CI after Froome was up the road was pretty violent weren't it lol, went past Mollema like he was standing still. Porte shown in Pais Vasco that he is good on all terrain I know he dint win the ITT but look who won it a climbing beast Quintana lol, so it was not a Porte ITT.


Martin won the ITT
thehog wrote:JV if you truly wish to save cycling.

Do something.

You know it's not real.

Your Garmin guys are getting killed.
User avatar Miburo
Senior Member
 
Posts: 6,207
Joined: 29 Jul 2012 19:33

20 May 2013 12:09

TANK91 wrote:No way mate he wont beat Nibali YET, I can see why your saying that though because the Giro probably does suit Porte more than it did Wiggo, and I agree I said it then Porte's attack in CI after Froome was up the road was pretty violent weren't it lol, went past Mollema like he was standing still. Porte shown in Pais Vasco that he is good on all terrain I know he dint win the ITT but look who won it a climbing beast Quintana lol, so it was not a Porte ITT.


Martin won the ITT
thehog wrote:JV if you truly wish to save cycling.

Do something.

You know it's not real.

Your Garmin guys are getting killed.
User avatar Miburo
Senior Member
 
Posts: 6,207
Joined: 29 Jul 2012 19:33

20 May 2013 12:11

Panda Claws wrote:I believe it is still too early to have Quintana up there, simply because he has not ridden a GT as a leader yet. (I know he will be up there in the future)


I can see Quintana winning the Vuelta this year if Movistar actually let him target it. Its perfect for him but I guess he will be towing Valverde who as usual will fail at the Tour.
User avatar TANK91
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,525
Joined: 09 Mar 2013 21:11

20 May 2013 12:12

Miburo wrote:Martin won the ITT


Yes your write did Quintan come 2nd, it was still a good ITT though for technicians.
User avatar TANK91
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,525
Joined: 09 Mar 2013 21:11

20 May 2013 12:13

maxmartin wrote:epic pictures of stage 15


Thanks for that, inspiring!
User avatar Cramps
Junior Member
 
Posts: 105
Joined: 04 Sep 2012 16:19

20 May 2013 12:22

Vino attacks everyone wrote:The only people that could possible challenge Nibbels that aint in the giro atm (or were in the giro but retired):
AC - Would probably beat him (don't know about his tt form though)
Froome - Would probably beat him
Valverde - Would challegne him, but I don't think he would have matched Nibalis tt, and he is not exactly a guy who would take minutes out of Nibali in the high mountians :rolleyes:
Quintana - a real dark horse. Perhaps he could climb with AC and Froome, perhaps not. Perhaps he could tt like he did in Basque, perhpas not.
VDB2 - Scary :D
Kash - his team mate, wouldn't destoy him on purpose, but who knows

He would at worst be nr 4 this giro if Quintana is as good as we perhaps expect him to be, and ha doesnt loose time in the first week, wich would not be to unlikely.

At best he could fight for victory, like he allways do :cool:


You conveniently left out some names fanboy :rolleyes:

Joaquim Rodriguez
Andy schleck
Jose rujano
argiro ospina
Felix Cardenas
Janier acavedo
Simon Bolivar
Jorge eliecer Gaitan
Ernesto samper pizano (has visa troubles though so you won't see him)
Carlos lleras restrepo
speedy Gonzalez.
Colombus Colombiano
Venezualez venozolano


To name a few.
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago


journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch
Senior Member
 
Posts: 26,443
Joined: 14 Jun 2010 10:58
Location: London.

20 May 2013 12:27

The Hitch wrote:You conveniently left out some names fanboy :rolleyes:

Joaquim Rodriguez
Andy schleck
Jose rujano
argiro ospina
Felix Cardenas
Janier acavedo
Simon Bolivar
Jorge eliecer Gaitan
Ernesto samper pizano (has visa troubles though so you won't see him)
Carlos lleras restrepo
speedy Gonzalez.
Colombus Colombiano
Venezualez venozolano


To name a few.


Very nice.
Testing the bounds of reality.
User avatar Zam_Olyas
Senior Member
 
Posts: 7,980
Joined: 30 Sep 2011 10:17
Location: Rubber Plantation.

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 46&twoWheels, archa55, Bing [Bot], djpbaltimore, Eagle, Jan the Man, Lambanna, Marco Pantani, Miburo, MikeTichondrius, nuvolablu, PeterB, robertocarlos, Taxus4a, TheYouyou7, togo95 and 64 guests

Back to top