Register

Nibali discussion thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

20 May 2013 12:27

The Hitch wrote:You conveniently left out some names fanboy :rolleyes:

Joaquim Rodriguez
Andy schleck
Jose rujano
argiro ospina
Felix Cardenas
Janier acavedo
Simon Bolivar
Jorge eliecer Gaitan
Carlos lleras restrepo
Alfonso Lopez pumarejo
Rafael Reyes
speedy Gonzalez.
Colombus Colombiano
Venezualez venozolano

To name a few.

You got me, how did I not remember Simon Bolivar? I allways thought that he wasted to much time on revolutions and not training properly.

Think JRod had his chance last year, but yea forgot him in my list, and Andy ofc should also be there.
Rujanos potensial is so good that I havent even noticed him the last couple of years :eek::eek:
"I know how to ride my bike" - Nibali

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9LBsWCNE9I

Vuelta 06 - the greatest gt in history!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24TQdI7csHs
Vino attacks everyone

20 May 2013 12:33

Correct me if i am wrong, but shouldn't a top GT rider be able to endure all types of weather and all types of stages?

Nibali did, some others didn't and dropped out, deal with it.

Also why should Nibali attack if he is in the lead? Do you want to blame someone for bad racing? Blame the likes of Evans and Uran for not doing anything as clearly the astana train is everything but strong enough to suffocate everyone like the sky train was at last years tour. If astana is pushing a tempo that over 20 riders can follow like yesterday on the galibier, i am fairly sure the second and third overall are still fresh enough to attack if they want.
User avatar Parrulo

20 May 2013 12:33

The Hitch wrote:You conveniently left out some names fanboy :rolleyes:

Joaquim Rodriguez
Andy schleck
Jose rujano
argiro ospina
Felix Cardenas
Janier acavedo
Simon Bolivar
Jorge eliecer Gaitan
Ernesto samper pizano (has visa troubles though so you won't see him)
Carlos lleras restrepo
speedy Gonzalez.
Colombus Colombiano
Venezualez venozolano

To name a few.

Lol :D well done
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita

20 May 2013 12:37

And remember that Nibali did attack Saturday.
Cancellara is like The Black Album. Really good but way overrated.
User avatar Netserk

20 May 2013 13:02

Netserk wrote:And remember that Nibali did attack Saturday.

They discard that as it doesn't fit their agenda. Dropping his 2 rivals that remain standing by 30 seconds in 1.8kms means nothing.

They also forget that he fell 2xs and still gained on Wiggins, that his team is weak and Nibali can be isolated at any time, that he rode a great TT (for him), and has conquered the weather, all comers and brought down Sky (for the 3rd time this year!). But hey he's only 2nd rate you know.

Where the heck is Sky anyway? Astana is there for the taking.

Yesterday he raced conservatively but that is what happens when you're in the lead and there is still a week of racing to go in brutal weather against a headwind.
Carol S.
~~~~
Alberto Contador: "And yes, it is true that for me it's the same to finish second or 10th."

Vincezo Nibali joins Anquetil, Gimondi, Merckx, Hinault and Contador as only the 6th winner of all 3 Grand Tours! Bravo Lo Squalo!
User avatar Carols

20 May 2013 13:07

Parrulo wrote:Correct me if i am wrong, but shouldn't a top GT rider be able to endure all types of weather and all types of stages?

Also why should Nibali attack if he is in the lead? Do you want to blame someone for bad racing? Blame the likes of Evans and Uran for not doing anything as clearly the astana train is everything but strong enough to suffocate everyone like the sky train was at last years tour. If astana is pushing a tempo that over 20 riders can follow like yesterday on the galibier, i am fairly sure the second and third overall are still fresh enough to attack if they want.

Did you think that in the TDF last year.:D
User avatar TANK91

20 May 2013 13:15

TANK91 wrote:Did you think that in the TDF last year.:D

Yes, it was Nibali's duty to attack last year and he surely did, even if it wasn't successful.

Anyway at the TDF last year i was more bothered with the fact that sky could easily drop everyone bar the top 4 non sky climbers in the race and still have 4 of their riders in the group then with whom was going to attack ;)
User avatar Parrulo

20 May 2013 13:23

Parrulo wrote:Yes, it was Nibali's duty to attack last year and he surely did, even if it wasn't successful.

Anyway at the TDF last year i was more bothered with the fact that sky could easily drop everyone bar the top 4 non sky climbers in the race and still have 4 of their riders in the group then with whom was going to attack ;)

I must have missed that in last year's Tour.

Nibali has been brilliant throughout though and fully deserves to be where he is, it's hardly his fault that Wiggins and Hesjedal effectively didn't turn up, does anyone think either could have beaten him anyway?
User avatar Bernie's eyesore

20 May 2013 13:24

Pentacycle wrote:If that Tour had this Giro's field and conditions he'd have won it... would he then have complained about the limited possibilities and the TT mileage? Nibali's racing style fits wherever the competition is weak. Food for thought and endless discussion.

Wow, you've got your head in the sand.

'Nuff said.
JimmyFingers wrote:Look I no way dispute Wiggins ... he is doping, he's at it all the time, and has been for years.
User avatar Ripper

20 May 2013 13:28

I don't know..maybe the 2 contador fangirls who started this whole nibali convo can't stand the fact that somebody can be better than contador..first it was schleck then onto sky and now Nibali?
Testing the bounds of reality.
User avatar Zam_Olyas

20 May 2013 13:28

Bernie's eyesore wrote:I must have missed that in last year's Tour.

Nibali has been brilliant throughout though and fully deserves to be where he is, it's hardly his fault that Wiggins and Hesjedal effectively didn't turn up, does anyone think either could have beaten him anyway?

Wiggins, yea although his descending...

No way hesjedal can beat nibali.
thehog wrote:JV if you truly wish to save cycling.

Do something.

You know it's not real.

Your Garmin guys are getting killed.
User avatar Miburo

20 May 2013 13:30

Zam_Olyas wrote:I don't know..maybe the 2 contador fangirls who started this whole nibali convo can't stand the fact that somebody can be better than contador..first it was schleck then onto sky and now Nibali?

I will not take your bait

by the way who is the other fangirl?

by the way andy was never better than Alberto. Nibali also isn't better than Alberto. Only Froome.
User avatar LaFlorecita

Parrulo wrote:Yes, it was Nibali's duty to attack last year and he surely did, even if it wasn't successful.

You said Nibali does not need to attack because he is in Pink, I no Nibali had to attack in the TDF because he was behind, but loads say it was boring Sky not attacking but they were in Yellow like you say, they had no need too same for Nibali now.
User avatar TANK91

LaFlorecita wrote:I will not take your bait

by the way who is the other fangirl?

Mirburo.

User avatar Zam_Olyas

20 May 2013 13:31

Zam_Olyas wrote:Mirburo.

He is a guy
User avatar LaFlorecita

20 May 2013 13:31

Carols wrote:
snip..

Where the heck is Sky anyway? Astana is there for the taking.

They tried to send Henao up the road with Kiserlovski, Gesink, Di Luca etc, but clearly the Colombian is struggling at the moment and couldn't be of any help.

Besides Uran looked pretty dead at the finish line yesterday, I doubt he could have bridged anyway.

The intention was there imo.
Dazed and Confused

20 May 2013 13:32

TANK91 wrote:You said Nibali does not need to attack because he is in Pink, I no Nibali had to attack in the TDF because he was behind, but loads say it was boring Sky not attacking but they were in Yellow like you say, they had no need too same for Nibali now.

Sky train was boring because they eliminated all the attacking
User avatar LaFlorecita

20 May 2013 13:32

TANK91 wrote:You said Nibali does not need to attack because he is in Pink, I no Nibali had to attack in the TDF because he was behind, but loads say it was boring Sky not attacking but they were in Yellow like you say, they had no need too same for Nibali now.

It wasn't boring because Sky didn't attack.

It was boring because Sky made sure (almost) no one could attack.
Cancellara is like The Black Album. Really good but way overrated.
User avatar Netserk

20 May 2013 13:34

LaFlorecita wrote:He is a guy

Oh really? no she aint. BTW i should have said riders who could give velasco a run for his money, nibali could certainly do now, shleck did, no need to mention froome.
User avatar Zam_Olyas

20 May 2013 13:34

Parrulo wrote:Correct me if i am wrong, but shouldn't a top GT rider be able to endure all types of weather and all types of stages?

+1 to this. Nibali has raced the Giro to perfection, and is proving himself a top GT rider this year. Despite Contador and Froome not being here, Nibali is showing he has what it takes to win the toughest of GT's. And Nibali can't be blamed for not going out on a bunch of really big attacks, he has no reason too. Froome and Contador probably would ride the same way were they in Nibali's position.
Be the Goat

Fabio Aru: "si muore sulla bici"
User avatar Afrank

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing