Register

Gesink Discussion Thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

21 May 2012 18:50

the funny part is they probably don't know I still read on velorooms so I read all about their trolling pact:o it's really the most pathetic thing I've ever heard off.

Typical huge minority complex those 2 have
BYOP88 wrote:Great to see that Porte has rediscovered his 2010/11 climbing form. Hope he can keep it for the rest of the Tour and year.
User avatar Dekker_Tifosi

21 May 2012 18:57

Dekker_Tifosi wrote:the funny part is they probably don't know I still read on velorooms so I read all about their trolling pact:o it's really the most pathetic thing I've ever heard off.

Typical huge minority complex those 2 have

It's called "being Belgian".
theyoungest

21 May 2012 18:58

Not really, just fooling around. My post towards Havvy obviously was a joke. ;)

Dekker, I also read the PCM Benelux forum and know you hate everything to do with Belgium with a great passion. :)

http://forum.cyclingnews.com/search.php?searchid=2091380

You also seem to have no problem laughing with Eijssen.
Ryo Hazuki wrote:horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato

The Hitch wrote:Goss will woop boonens candy a[color="Black"]ss[/color] in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
User avatar El Pistolero

21 May 2012 18:58

Dekker_Tifosi wrote:the funny part is they probably don't know I still read on velorooms so I read all about their trolling pact:o it's really the most pathetic thing I've ever heard off.

The point of that "pact" being???

Cause whatever it might be, seems to be back-firing against them right now
Fetisoff

21 May 2012 19:01

Fetisoff wrote:The point of that "pact" being???

Cause whatever it might be, seems to be back-firing against them right now

Giving Gesink a new nickname because he hates being called the condor. :p

But in all honesty, I was just reacting towards Dekker's post when he said Gesink can win the Tour this year. I think he can't, that's apparently called hating on Gesink.

Not the guy with the minority complex by the way.

"... namen te willen geven :L man het gata hier verdomme niet om omstelling wk finale voetbal ofzo :L -1 quickstep chavanel witn zondag of terpstra, of boonen of 1 vna die andere tb-500-quick stpe renners wenen ja ik word die ploeg helemaal zat, dan maar calimero. Ze moeten eens stoppen met winnen"

^ This guy however. :o

http://forum.procyclingmanager.com/search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&keywords=boonen&author_id=192&start=40
Ryo Hazuki wrote:horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato

The Hitch wrote:Goss will woop boonens candy a[color="Black"]ss[/color] in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
User avatar El Pistolero

21 May 2012 19:12

El Pistolero wrote:Giving Gesink a new nickname because he hates being called the condor. :p

And how do the matching avatars fit into the whole "Gesink nickname" thing?
Fetisoff

21 May 2012 19:16

El Pistolero wrote:Not really, just fooling around. My post towards Havvy obviously was a joke. ;)

Dekker, I also read the PCM Benelux forum and know you hate everything to do with Belgium with a great passion. :)

http://forum.cyclingnews.com/search.php?searchid=2091380

You also seem to have no problem laughing with Eijssen.

then you don't read well because this is a 100% lie. Mr.Liar. Keep increasing your patheticness.
There's a lot of banter between dutch and belgians of the forum and that's exactly what it is there. Nobody is serious. Why do you think we hold a yearly AGR meeting which is a lot of fun with everyone, Belgians & Dutch. :rolleyes:

I think you are autistic as well as pathetic. Since you don't seem to understand the PCM Benelux forum posts if THAT is your conclusion lol.
BYOP88 wrote:Great to see that Porte has rediscovered his 2010/11 climbing form. Hope he can keep it for the rest of the Tour and year.

21 May 2012 19:55

Anyone who is interested in missing the Dauphine and TdS should definitely continue the conversation about who said what on whatever other forum.

This advice is especially directed at Jansen en Janssen en Kapitein Haddock.

Back on topic or you'll be taking a long vacation.
User avatar Bala Verde

21 May 2012 20:00

Bala Verde wrote:Anyone who is interested in missing the Dauphine and TdS should definitely continue the conversation about who said what on whatever other forum.

This advice is especially directed at Jansen en Janssen en Kapitein Haddock.

Back on topic or you'll be taking a long vacation.

Nice. :D

Has the Tour de Suisse route been announced already, seeing Gesink, Mollema & Kruijswijk will head there?
Rest In Peace:
Craig Walsh 1985 - 2012
User avatar Havetts

21 May 2012 20:04

Havetts wrote:Nice. :D

Has the Tour de Suisse route been announced already, seeing Gesink, Mollema & Kruijswijk will head there?

I think a summary is available here:

http://www.steephill.tv/tour-de-suisse/

If you want to continue the TdS conversation in general, meaning not involving or focusing on Gesink's particpation/chances etc, please create a new thread/search one for the TdS 2012. Thanks.
User avatar Bala Verde

21 May 2012 20:10

The Hitch wrote:Lol vdb and.nibali above sanchez and menchov.

Please explain to me under what logic can one dismiss the best climber around (Andy) like that bbut then say that jvdb can win the tour ?

Andy worse than ever. well he will peak for the tour no, regardless of how cap he was in races he doesn't care about

Your acting like Calimero when it comes to Sanchez. Specially when someone forgets to mention him.
D_T was just giving VBD and Nibali as examples, but I guess he should've named all other possible riders that could come behind Schleck and Contador....
That's quite a list!
Basso, Scarponi.....etc... Oh wait now I almost forget Sanchez as well! I don't want to do that else The Hitch comes storming in yelling how the hell we could forget Sanchez!

;)
User avatar Kwibus

21 May 2012 20:19

Hitch's repeated reminders of Sanchez and Menchov are quite entertaining.
...[Walsh] thinks we're ahead of the curve. But think about it for a sec. We're building long-lasting, trusting relationships with people who are spending a lot of money - Coke, Nike, Subaru. If we're f***ing lying, we can kiss it all goodbye. And if we were lying we'd do some stupid stuff to try to cover it up, wouldn't we? Does anybody think for a second that a secret that big wouldn't come out? Bill Stapleton
User avatar will10

21 May 2012 20:34

will10 wrote:Hitch's repeated reminders of Sanchez and Menchov are quite entertaining.

I have a feeling they will become even more so, when it comes to the 3rd week of the tour.....
User avatar Froome19

21 May 2012 20:37

Kwibus wrote:Your acting like Calimero when it comes to Sanchez. Specially when someone forgets to mention him.
D_T was just giving VBD and Nibali as examples, but I guess he should've named all other possible riders that could come behind Schleck and Contador....
That's quite a list!
Basso, Scarponi.....etc... Oh wait now I almost forget Sanchez as well! I don't want to do that else The Hitch comes storming in yelling how the hell we could forget Sanchez!

;)

I even explicity said there are 7/8 contenders this Tour which normally implicates Sanchez. But yeah everytime someone forgets to mention Sanchez by name it's a Hitch drama.

And yeah I really do think Vandenbroeck and Nibali are not that much worse than Sanchez or Menchov, if they are worse at all. Menchov was not exactly impressive last year and has had some injury problems this year too....
Sanchez, can't put my finger on him. On his day he is excellent and stronger than ever, but a week later he is 'meh' again.

21 May 2012 20:57

He was only bad for one stage in the Tour last year.

User avatar El Pistolero

21 May 2012 21:01

Sanchez always has one bad day in which he loses 1-2 minutes too much and of course he always loses a minute in a random flat stage too.
User avatar Arnout

21 May 2012 21:01

El Pistolero wrote:He was only bad for one stage in the Tour last year.

I'm not talking about his GC consistency. Just general from month to month. Compared to 2010 I expected a better Sanchez in the Tour 2011 despite his stage-win and mountain jersey. And then this year he was stronger than ever in Pais Vasco, but not so really good in the classics, although I know he peaked in PV and not the classics.

What I'm saying is you're never certain with Sanchez

21 May 2012 21:04

Dekker_Tifosi wrote:I'm not talking about his GC consistency. Just general from month to month. Compared to 2010 I expected a better Sanchez in the Tour 2011 despite his stage-win and mountain jersey. And then this year he was stronger than ever in Pais Vasco, but not so really good in the classics, although I know he peaked in PV and not the classics.

What I'm saying is you're never certain with Sanchez

He was still strong in AGR but had a flat at a bad moment, LBL was always an afterthought and he had a cold in the week before.

Usually he is on good form for the races he wants to be good in though, but he uses many other courses only for training purposes, something I don't necessarily agree with, but who am I.
User avatar Arnout

21 May 2012 21:28

Arnout wrote:He was still strong in AGR but had a flat at a bad moment, LBL was always an afterthought and he had a cold in the week before.

Usually he is on good form for the races he wants to be good in though, but he uses many other courses only for training purposes, something I don't necessarily agree with, but who am I.

The same guy who said this

"Gesink didn't look comfortable on the Big Bear stage near the end, I don't expect him to do well to be honest."

We're all wrong a lot of the time. Cycling is unpredictable. And we might have certain feelings about certain riders which turn out to be wrong. :)
Guess we'll see in July. Sanchez is definately on my topfavorite list, to win..
Just with 7/8 others, like I said before, there is no 3/4 topfavorites for me this year.

21 May 2012 21:29

hrotha wrote:YAWN. Can boomcie and Pisti please stop being stupid. Thanks.

Please remind me when I'm being stupid, cause I have no idea what you are talking about.
Signed,

13th best mountainbiker of the World (2004)
18th best mountainbiker of the World (2005)
Cyclingnews Reader Polls
User avatar boomcie

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing