Register

Pro racers doing funny stuff (pics)

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

22 Apr 2014 18:15

Christian wrote:No picture unfortunately....

Cannondale trolling the peloton at P-N :D

"The team ran really well and with the Italians we were always going to have a laugh - one example was on stage 3... there was a break of 5 guys up the road, with team Giant Shimano chasing and 100km to go the finish. They all stopped chasing on the front for some reason and there was a few minutes where we just rolled along and a few of our boys just rolled slightly off the front having a chat - when they looked back they had a bit of a gap and just took off. There was some panic from the Giant Shimano team who got back on the front and rode full gas to shut the move down. After 5 fast minutes they still couldn't see them up the road...it was only when a Europcar rider came up and told them that the two Cannondale boys had actually hidden behind a bush 3kms back down the road and that Giant Shimano were chasing ghosts."

http://www.georgebennettcycling.com/blog/2014/3/18/61cj7tk4xdwlr8cogj6g5f9pjyqxqn

Lol great, thanks for sharing!
User avatar BigMac

22 Apr 2014 22:41

"The team ran really well and with the Italians we were always going to have a laugh - one example was on stage 3... there was a break of 5 guys up the road, with team Giant Shimano chasing and 100km to go the finish. They all stopped chasing on the front for some reason and there was a few minutes where we just rolled along and a few of our boys just rolled slightly off the front having a chat - when they looked back they had a bit of a gap and just took off. There was some panic from the Giant Shimano team who got back on the front and rode full gas to shut the move down. After 5 fast minutes they still couldn't see them up the road...it was only when a Europcar rider came up and told them that the two Cannondale boys had actually hidden behind a bush 3kms back down the road and that Giant Shimano were chasing ghosts."

http://www.georgebennettcycling.com/blog/2014/3/18/61cj7tk4xdwlr8cogj6g5f9pjyqxqn

Lol this is just awesome, that must have been funny for the Giant guys. I hope there's some payback to keep it interesting :)
"I was excited to pass Rui Costa in front of me. I never thought that would be possible in my life."
Tour de France almost-winner, Andy Schleck acknowledges Rui Costa's awesomeness.

"58x11. I do not often use it, but when you need it, it is always there."
Why the hell would you need that Tony?
User avatar trevim

23 Apr 2014 08:09

That is too hillarious!
Would've loved seeing that on tv!
It has reached my attention that some people seem to think I would make a good mod.
Forget it! It's not gonna happen. EVER!
User avatar RedheadDane

14 Jul 2014 03:38

User avatar Jancouver

14 Jul 2014 07:28

glassmoon

14 Jul 2014 08:31

^ That's great! :D
This is my fave so far.

Even 'Digital Froome' is looking at his stem!
It has reached my attention that some people seem to think I would make a good mod.
User avatar RedheadDane

14 Jul 2014 09:05

People who don't understand cycling must think Contador is a pretty violent person, when all they hear is Contador ATTACKS, ATTACKS ,ATTACKS

http://chrisfroomelookingatstems.tumblr.com/
User avatar No_Balls

14 Jul 2014 16:41

Robert Förster had some mechanical issues while being out on a training ride on the Tour of Qinghai Lake's rest day. This is how he returned to the team hotel:

User avatar Bye Bye Bicycle

31 Jul 2014 13:00

Kevin Reza picks up someone's camera.
I was awarded 'Most Aggressive Rider of the Day', generally given to the most spectacular loser of the day.

― David Millar, Racing Through the Dark
User avatar Don't be late Pedro

31 Jul 2014 18:58

That's cool!

[SIZE="3"]They're up-side-down![/SIZE]

Wonder how the owner got his camera back. Did they just go "Right, we're looking for the guy who lost his helmet camera at [location]. You can come pick it up at [location]."
User avatar RedheadDane

31 Jul 2014 20:28

RedheadDane wrote:That's cool!

[SIZE="3"]They're up-side-down![/SIZE]

Wonder how the owner got his camera back. Did they just go "Right, we're looking for the guy who lost his helmet camera at [location]. You can come pick it up at [location]."

via twitter iirc:)
Alberto Contador fanboy
Proud Participant of a Thrilling Foxxy's GGTG 2014-15
User avatar ILovecycling

31 Jul 2014 20:39

ILovecycling wrote:via twitter iirc:)

Correct, via the comments on youtube.
"My girlfriend sent Kevin a message via twitter asking if he still had the helmet! He replied and then he posted the helmet back to me! What a legend"
Be the Goat

Fabio Aru: "si muore sulla bici"
User avatar Afrank

05 Aug 2014 15:55

Robert Förster cleans his helmets like this:

User avatar Bye Bye Bicycle

05 Aug 2014 16:24

If it works...
User avatar RedheadDane

05 Aug 2014 17:41

That should work quite well, it also works for cleaning keyboards for example.
User avatar Arnout

11 Mar 2015 08:38

source: https://instagram.com/p/0Cq_XmOtA6/
"How does that even happen? Funny story. Elia Viviani flatted. He held his wheel up high and waited for a spare. And waited. And waited. 200m down the road, there was carnage - bikes and bodies everywhere - so he waited some more. Eventually, frustration got the better of him, and he tossed his wheel down. Nothing violent, just the normal ughhhh moment of a race lost to bad luck. Unfortunately for Viviani and his wheel - when the wheel bounced up, the wind caught it, and it was off to the races. He didn't win. I assume the wheel is either still rolling or far, far down the field."
Gabriel Gray

01 Jun 2015 19:45

Tony Martin wanted to ride the cobbles of the Tour yesterday, but he forgot his (cycling) pants at home. And since it was a sunday, all shops were closed. What did he do? He rode the stage in boxershorts :D :D
User avatar Akuryo

01 Jun 2015 19:55

For a sec there I thought you were gonna say he rode without anything on! :eek:
User avatar RedheadDane

Previous

Return to Professional road racing