Register

Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

11 Jul 2013 14:18

@Ann_arien: @jack_the_doctor @contador_notebk Can't be sure, the English translator covered it, but at some point, the interviewer said: 'Alberto, you are three minutes down' He grinned self deprecatingly and said 'Almost four.'

:'(
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita

11 Jul 2013 14:34

LaFlorecita wrote:@Ann_arien: @jack_the_doctor @contador_notebk Can't be sure, the English translator covered it, but at some point, the interviewer said: 'Alberto, you are three minutes down' He grinned self deprecatingly and said 'Almost four.'

It was because it's to easy to get back. There is no challenge.
Alberto 'The Legend' Contador: winner of the Vuelta 2012! I will never forget!

Hesjedal!
User avatar vcampbell

11 Jul 2013 14:35

darwin553 wrote:So are you saying that after he has come back from his doping ban, he has become even more popular? Is that possible? Should that be possible?

darwin553 wrote:Only the most ardent fans think it is possible, I am a realist and realise that Armstrong didn't make any gains in his Tweeter followers after January's announcement.

I get the impression this troll isn't even aware that Alberto was sanctioned by CAS for Involuntary Ingestion of a prohibited substance in a contaminated supplement. Your suggested parallels are contra to section rules. Despite what anybody thinks, or their favourite NC shills suggest, these are the facts, and the only reason he was allowed to resign for Saxo Tinkoff.

darwin553 wrote:This is a question to self-affixated AC fans - does it make easier to forgive him and continue to support him despite his past given who his main competitor is now?

Lets rephrase your flame-bait shall we...

-------------

I have to say I'm a little perturbed at the moderation teams apparent inability to distinguish between fact and circumstance in adjudication and it's toleration of shills and trolls on the forum.
Le Baroudeur

11 Jul 2013 15:00

vcampbell wrote:Are you serious? I mean, there were two(!) moutain stages, in one of them he said, that he got a bad day, also Sky rode a brutal tempo. Only Quitana attacked then, but only on the penultimate climb, when there was a slower tempo.
On the second stage they were able to drop Porte, but it was impossible to hold a gap against Froome in a 30km long non technical descend.
The deal is, that this Tour de France sucks, just like most of them in the past few years. A few moutain stages because it is needed, but nothing serious. There is no place to attack, it's not the Giro, where a rider has 400 chance in 3 week.
Wait until Sunday.

...with a reported headwind!
"It's a little bit scarey when Contador attacks." Tommie Voeckler
User avatar Angliru

11 Jul 2013 15:00

LaFlorecita wrote:@Ann_arien: @jack_the_doctor @contador_notebk Can't be sure, the English translator covered it, but at some point, the interviewer said: 'Alberto, you are three minutes down' He grinned self deprecatingly and said 'Almost four.'

This is the reason why I'm a fan. And I believe Berto is earning more fans as his career goes on. As he says "Second place is NO GOOD!". I have no doubt he will ride his @55 off to WIN.

VENGE Alberto!
thehook

11 Jul 2013 15:07

Publicus wrote:Yet again you project too much. How i feel about the two, as athletes, has nothing to do with the other. I dont dislike Froome because I like Contador or vice versa. As for Froome's performance, all I can say is it looks other worldly--especially in light of his prior talent levels.

It's not about you particularly, but when 3-4 guys write 'hopefully he crashes', 'let's wait him being busted', 'he is nothing', 'he is a joke' it should be considered adequate reaction. It is fanatism which deserves only a censure
User avatar airstream

11 Jul 2013 15:17

Carols wrote:I will be watching with bated breath :) Praying for Berto with form :)

Me too. Would like a bit of Ding ****. Tour so far is a one stage whitewash for GC.
arvc40

11 Jul 2013 15:26

arvc40 wrote:Me too. Would like a bit of Ding ****. Tour so far is a one stage whitewash for GC.

Lol is the word D O N G not aloud. Ding **** means Fight, Battle ect lol
arvc40

11 Jul 2013 15:27

arvc40 wrote:Lol is the word D O N G not aloud. Ding **** means Fight, Battle ect lol

Ding D O N G battle lol
arvc40

11 Jul 2013 15:38

Angliru wrote:...with a reported headwind!

Nah, that too. What are we talking about then?
Alberto 'The Legend' Contador: winner of the Vuelta 2012! I will never forget!

Hesjedal!
User avatar vcampbell

11 Jul 2013 15:52

airstream wrote:It's not about you particularly, but when 3-4 guys write 'hopefully he crashes', 'let's wait him being busted', 'he is nothing', 'he is a joke' it should be considered adequate reaction. It is fanatism which deserves only a censure

These are extremes to which you encourage by referencing them as if they are of some importance to a civil discussion. What is to be gained?
User avatar Angliru

11 Jul 2013 16:07

airstream wrote: (snip)

With the exception of hoping he crashes, the other reactions, in light of his leap in performance, all seem reasonable and not born out of hatred of Froome or love of Contador. So while not directed at any of my comments, in particular, generally painting Contador fans in the manner that you have on this particular basis is fallacious.
"The truth is when I race, it's 100% me" Alberto Contador

"I have no intention of being a conformist in this race. Not in the slightest" Alberto Contador

"We should all have more cake. Who doesn’t like cake?" Oleg Tinkov
User avatar Publicus

11 Jul 2013 16:49

Tinkov twitter continues

I'm going to buy a dog,name it Froome,and will beat him up every morning and evening.Then will keep him out of food for 3 weeks.Revenge #Tdf
sulgpallur

11 Jul 2013 16:51

Angliru wrote:I agree. I can't see how or where their relationship may have soured over time. I recall during 2008 at the Vuelta them sharing a laugh at a service station during the final stage. I follow both riders fairly closely and I'm certain that if there was truly any bad blood between them that I'd have heard about it. I don't believe it exists. Especially not based on anything that happened in last year's Vuelta. I can understand Valverde being disappointed in how his chance to win was essentially ended by Sky's unsportsman like decision to continue with their aggressions when the ride leader was down.

How about Astana 2008 Vuelta pulls when Valverde went to give his jacket to his DS? He lost all chances for podium back then.
User avatar airstream

11 Jul 2013 17:01

sulgpallur wrote:Tinkov twitter continues

I'm going to buy a dog,name it Froome,and will beat him up every morning and evening.Then will keep him out of food for 3 weeks.Revenge #Tdf

being a full idiot (behind being a self made russian billionaire thief like all post communism billionaires) will not help contador's team winning more supporters. would be better if he shuts up
EnacheV

11 Jul 2013 17:06

EnacheV wrote:being a full idiot (behind being a self made russian billionaire thief like all post communism billionaires) will not help contador's team winning more supporters. would be better if he shuts up

Haha I think his posts are hilarious, the guy got some humor :D
webbie146

11 Jul 2013 17:10

Contador lost 1.45 while having a bad day. Will he be able to finish with Froome on Mont Ventoux if he find his legs?
User avatar airstream

11 Jul 2013 17:14

sulgpallur wrote:Tinkov twitter continues

What the heck? Alberto loves dogs, I think he'll love this statement :rolleyes: is tinkov drunk again?
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita

11 Jul 2013 17:15

webbie146 wrote:Haha I think his posts are hilarious, the guy got some humor :D

Yeah it's a joke, but there is going to be a lot of people sensitive to animal abuse that won't like this.
User avatar wwabbit

11 Jul 2013 17:23

airstream wrote:How about Astana 2008 Vuelta pulls when Valverde went to give his jacket to his DS? He lost all chances for podium back then.

That was his own error and one similar to many losses of focus that he's had that cost him higher gc positions in the past. I think he's learned from those errors and has become a better grand tour gc rider as a result. I doubt that he took that personal considering they were both fighting for the gc. That situation is far from being the same as what happened with Sky while he was in the leader's jersey at the Vuelta.
User avatar Angliru

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing