Register

Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

12 Jul 2013 17:39

Miburo wrote:On sporza there is.

Very clear that Froome dropped the gap with kwiatkowski, if he was really that great today he would have easily gapped it.

you can't gap in the wind when a group is gone that goes full on. you've never been on a bike in a race I assume. still froome doesn't look too good I agree
User avatar Ryo Hazuki

12 Jul 2013 17:39

Ryo Hazuki wrote:and most of all. contador is a true leader. he works just as hard as his helpers. he's no froome who sits in the group killing whatever helpers he still has and not do anything. for strong teammates this is a huge motivation boost. guys like tossatto, bennatti, rogers, roche, kreuziger are surly a lot more motivated now then froome's helpers. porte also seems unmotivated since losing all that time. did you guys hear what he said on dutch tv? that he wanted to keep his 2nd place more than helping froome win the tour...

I think Porte also had this attitude when he was with Saxo. Always putting his own ambitions above.
User avatar JimPanzen

12 Jul 2013 17:40

Ryo Hazuki wrote:you can't gap in the wind when a group is gone that goes full on. you've never been on a bike in a race I assume. still froome doesn't look too good I agree

Welcome back.
Testing the bounds of reality.
User avatar Zam_Olyas

12 Jul 2013 17:42

You think Old Yellow got rabies instead of snail fever now?
Hopefully, Alberto will walk the walk and not just talk the talk in the 3rd week.

Vamos Alberto
User avatar BRCYC11

12 Jul 2013 17:43

agree you can't gap a group going full gas in strong crosswinds
LongTimeeer

12 Jul 2013 17:43

JimPanzen wrote:I think Porte also had this attitude when he was with Saxo. Always putting his own ambitions above.

Tour 2011. He was no where in the mountains when contador needed him, but on the last tt he rode top 10. It was pretty obvious he was saving himself for own ambitions in the tt
Cinelli64

12 Jul 2013 17:44

JimPanzen wrote:I think Porte also had this attitude when he was with Saxo. Always putting his own ambitions above.

good point. I think you are 100% correct. porte isn't a helper.
User avatar Ryo Hazuki

12 Jul 2013 17:51

And also one thing. There is a guy called Roman Kreuziger. If he can keep is form, or better increase it, then it could be the best for Contador. And I think Mollema also want that yellow jersey, from Movistar Quintana is the last hope, and almost forgot the good old Ten Dam. I guess it will be a nightmare for Froome.
Alberto 'The Legend' Contador: winner of the Vuelta 2012! I will never forget!

Hesjedal!
User avatar vcampbell

12 Jul 2013 17:52

Ryo Hazuki wrote:you can't gap in the wind when a group is gone that goes full on. you've never been on a bike in a race I assume. still froome doesn't look too good I agree

I know it's insanely hard but this is the Froomeborg we're talking about. The guy who almost won a flat ITT against Martin.

And he was just a wheel behind Cav.
thehog wrote:JV if you truly wish to save cycling.

Do something.

You know it's not real.

Your Garmin guys are getting killed.
User avatar Miburo

12 Jul 2013 17:56

vcampbell wrote:And also one thing. There is a guy called Roman Kreuziger. If he can keep is form, or better increase it, then it could be the best for Contador. And I think Mollema also want that yellow jersey, from Movistar Quintana is the last hope, and almost forgot the good old Ten Dam. I guess it will be a nightmare for Froome.

Well a single mountain stage like Ventoux is perfect for Froome relly, its the multiple mountain stages that might be difficult for him
User avatar Cimber

12 Jul 2013 17:57

He lost a few seconds to make the decision. Then it was too late. Also keep in mind he had almost 4 minutes advantage in GC.
User avatar Rollthedice

12 Jul 2013 17:57

Yep, as Cav said, you have 5 secs to close the gap or its all over.
User avatar Cimber

12 Jul 2013 17:58

Miburo wrote:I know it's insanely hard but this is the Froomeborg we're talking about. The guy who almost won a flat ITT against Martin.

And he was just a wheel behind Cav.

At that moment its better to be a sprinter like Cav than a TTer as you have to close the cap in seconds
User avatar Cimber

12 Jul 2013 18:00

Ryo Hazuki wrote:and most of all. contador is a true leader. he works just as hard as his helpers. he's no froome who sits in the group killing whatever helpers he still has and not do anything. for strong teammates this is a huge motivation boost. guys like tossatto, bennatti, rogers, roche, kreuziger are surly a lot more motivated now then froome's helpers. porte also seems unmotivated since losing all that time. did you guys hear what he said on dutch tv? that he wanted to keep his 2nd place more than helping froome win the tour...

He really said that?! Ouch.

Welcome back btw.
User avatar Cimber

12 Jul 2013 18:03

xrayvision wrote:Image

The Dawg caught.

I jumped out of the couch when I saw that on TV :D

Btw Sky and Saxo a sharing hotel tonight
User avatar Cimber

12 Jul 2013 18:06

Brace yourself, The Great One is coming

Hoping for some old school AC real soon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0BBhTs0_DU

What a rider, what a champion
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita

12 Jul 2013 18:06

OMG!!!! I recorded it and just finished watching!!! SAXO rocks :)

If you can't beat them going uphill or in the TT then take it to them on the flat!!!! Go Bjarne, Go Saxo, GO ALBERTO!!!!!

And as Berto likes to say 'More tomorrow' !!!!! Hope the boys aren't to tired.

Only 2:30 left to make up :)
Carol S.
~~~~
Alberto Contador: "And yes, it is true that for me it's the same to finish second or 10th."

Vincezo Nibali joins Anquetil, Gimondi, Merckx, Hinault and Contador as only the 6th winner of all 3 Grand Tours! Bravo Lo Squalo!
User avatar Carols

12 Jul 2013 18:07

Cimber wrote:I jumped out of the couch when I saw that on TV :D

Btw Sky and Saxo a sharing hotel tonight

Yes just the two of them:D
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita

12 Jul 2013 18:09

LaFlorecita wrote:Brace yourself, The Great One is coming

You can't use that term. Not yet anyway. And if the cards don't fall right, not ever.
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago

journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch

12 Jul 2013 18:10

Carols wrote:Only 2:30 left to make up :)

4.30 taking into account Froomecellara's tt ability atm.
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago

journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing