Register

Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

12 Jul 2013 18:11

LaFlorecita wrote:Yes just the two of them:D

Wonder if Belkin and Movistar are sharing too :D
User avatar Cimber

12 Jul 2013 18:11

The Hitch wrote:4.30 taking into account Froomecellara's tt ability atm.

Well the next TT is a lot more hilly and technical. Should make the gap smaller. Maybe 1 - 1:30 min'ish
User avatar Cimber

12 Jul 2013 18:13

The Hitch wrote:You can't use that term. Not yet anyway. And if the cards don't fall right, not ever.

Even though you invented that term, I can use it whenever I want to, thank you very much. Perhaps he's no longer the great one for you but he'll always be the great one for me.
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita

12 Jul 2013 18:14

maxmartin wrote:please have some manners, stop insulting other members!!!

Don't quote him please. I like to pretend he does not exist :o
User avatar Opalius

12 Jul 2013 18:14

why 4:30?

its a mountainous TT and not a flat one. I was thinking 3:30 is enough
Cycling is interesting only because the line between the improbable and the attainable is not clear.
murali

12 Jul 2013 18:15

murali wrote:why 4:30?

its a mountainous TT and not a flat one. I was thinking 3:30 is enough

+ 30-60s for ventoux
User avatar LaFlorecita

12 Jul 2013 18:15

LaFlorecita wrote:Even though you invented that term, I can use it whenever I want to, thank you very much. Perhaps he's no longer the great one for you but he'll always be the great one for me.

I didn't say you may not. I said you can not.

By all the laws of man and god.

Its important that these titles be earned.
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago

journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch

12 Jul 2013 18:16

The Hitch wrote:I didn't say you may not. I said you can not.

By all the laws of man and god.

Its important that these titles be earned.

He earned it a long time ago.
User avatar LaFlorecita

12 Jul 2013 18:17

Carols wrote:OMG!!!! I recorded it and just finished watching!!! SAXO rocks :)

If you can't beat them going uphill or in the TT then take it to them on the flat!!!! Go Bjarne, Go Saxo, GO ALBERTO!!!!!

And as Berto likes to say 'More tomorrow' !!!!! Hope the boys aren't to tired.

Only 2:30 left to make up :)

You are the same Carols as the one from two days ago? :D He is Alberto Contador, racing without fighting is not in his dictionary.
Alberto 'The Legend' Contador: winner of the Vuelta 2012! I will never forget!

Hesjedal!
User avatar vcampbell

12 Jul 2013 18:22

The Hitch wrote:You can't use that term. Not yet anyway. And if the cards don't fall right, not ever.

Baloney....no matter what happens in the rest of his career he will Always be a Great One. He's already earned that!
Carol S.
~~~~
Alberto Contador: "And yes, it is true that for me it's the same to finish second or 10th."

Vincezo Nibali joins Anquetil, Gimondi, Merckx, Hinault and Contador as only the 6th winner of all 3 Grand Tours! Bravo Lo Squalo!
User avatar Carols

12 Jul 2013 18:22

LaFlorecita wrote:He earned it a long time ago.

Exactly this.He is The Great One forever.:)
Alberto Contador fanboy
Vamos Colombia!
Ryo Hazuki in August 2013 wrote:what? quintana is already better climber than froome. see final stages of the tour and he's only 23. quintana is the best climber I've sene since pantani. he will become a legend
User avatar ILovecycling

12 Jul 2013 18:38

vcampbell wrote:You are the same Carols as the one from two days ago? :D He is Alberto Contador, racing without fighting is not in his dictionary.

Yep same one only with an HB of 190 watching that stage!! Just don't give me a heart attack Berto :)

Nothing I've said is proven untrue yet though :( Sunday we find out if he has Legs and if the Fire of Greatness is in full Flare or flickering.....

Rise Berto, Rise!!!! Slay the Dawg!!!
Carol S.
~~~~
Alberto Contador: "And yes, it is true that for me it's the same to finish second or 10th."

Vincezo Nibali joins Anquetil, Gimondi, Merckx, Hinault and Contador as only the 6th winner of all 3 Grand Tours! Bravo Lo Squalo!
User avatar Carols

12 Jul 2013 18:39

Claus Elming ‏@NFLming 6m
Saxo and Sky in same hotel tonight. About to have dinner together. Saxo right. Sky left #diningroom #LeVeudre #tdf
User avatar LaFlorecita

12 Jul 2013 18:41

ILovecycling wrote:Exactly this.He is The Great One forever.:)

Our Great One!

At least one time in the month I watch again the Fuente De stage.. it is a great life lesson: Never give up!
User avatar ThirdWorld

12 Jul 2013 18:43

Cimber wrote:Yep, as Cav said, you have 5 secs to close the gap or its all over.

I read that Stannard said Froome let the gap open up (and on the video someone posted up thread, you can see Stannard there before the gap really opens up). It looked like once he couldn't maintain the wheel in front of him, he got on the radio to marshall the troops at the front. And the rest, is as they say, history. Here's hoping for Saxo to recover well tonight. Going to be carnage this weekend (well I hope :p)
"The truth is when I race, it's 100% me" Alberto Contador

"I have no intention of being a conformist in this race. Not in the slightest" Alberto Contador

"We should all have more cake. Who doesn’t like cake?" Oleg Tinkov
User avatar Publicus

12 Jul 2013 18:47

LaFlorecita wrote:Image

Claus Elming ‏@NFLming 6m
Saxo and Sky in same hotel tonight. About to have dinner together. Saxo right. Sky left #diningroom #LeVeudre #tdf

I hope someone asks Richie Porte about all the sh*t he talked about the GC being over... :p
"The truth is when I race, it's 100% me" Alberto Contador

"I have no intention of being a conformist in this race. Not in the slightest" Alberto Contador

"We should all have more cake. Who doesn’t like cake?" Oleg Tinkov
User avatar Publicus

12 Jul 2013 19:26

The Hitch wrote:Didnt do his job fully. Should have been on the phone to Katusha, BMC, AG2R and any other retards making negotiations.

Better do that now though.

I'm not sure a phone call would convince BMC that it isn't that important to defend a 14th place overall when you're in the group of the team leader.
About Katusha, I thought they would be happier to tire out Sky instead of helping them.
Armstrong would chase down personally every break with BMC or Katusha riders in it, I'm sure :D
User avatar trevim

12 Jul 2013 19:32

[quote="vcampbell"]

I doubt it's in anybody's dictionary, to be fur.
User avatar Scarlet&Black

12 Jul 2013 19:37

Miburo wrote:I know it's insanely hard but this is the Froomeborg we're talking about. The guy who almost won a flat ITT against Martin.

And he was just a wheel behind Cav.

froome is just as human as anyone else. unless you have incredible kick like cavendish you can't make back any meters alone. and cav was completely dead when he arrived in last wheel and almost dropped too. froome couldn't follow cav, which is very normal and he couldn't close the gap either. when he sat up his legs were already exploded
User avatar Ryo Hazuki

12 Jul 2013 19:38

Cimber wrote:He really said that?! Ouch.

Welcome back btw.

yes the dutch interviewer was also surprised and went back asking again and porte said even worse things. like it was good he lost so much time or else he would not be so motivated to ride for froome but for his own 2nd place. he laughed it away but it was pretty telling to me...
User avatar Ryo Hazuki

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing