Register

Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

17 Jul 2013 16:05

^^^^^^^^^^^
Parrulo wrote:Not this **** again . . . . the only egocentric person here is you.
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita

17 Jul 2013 16:05

LaFlorecita wrote:This is the moment I say "enough", done with cycling, even though Alberto did well. This stage could've saved his season somewhat but unfortunately he was up against an egocentric *******. Now it was just a waste of energy. Bye Alberto, you'll be the only good memory I'll keep from my time following the sport.

don't trip over the time trial bike berto didn't use on your way out the door.
etymology

17 Jul 2013 16:06

LaFlorecita wrote:This is the moment I say "enough", done with cycling, even though Alberto did well. This stage could've saved his season somewhat but unfortunately he was up against an egocentric *******. Now it was just a waste of energy. Bye Alberto, you'll be the only good memory I'll keep from my time following the sport.

Ridiculous. Froome is having a great year and Alberto is not. It happens. No need to bail out on the sport just because your favorite rider is not going to win. Man up (or rather woman up) and enjoy the next few days.

Froome is not the bad one on Sky. He seems like a decent guy and he races to win without talking much. No shame in AC losing to him. Porte, on the other hand seems like a total a$$clown.
User avatar UpTheRoad

17 Jul 2013 16:06

Don't be running off now! The Flame is Lit; not burning at full strength but definitely burning. More to come from this one :) Tomorrow More!!!!
Carol S.
~~~~
Alberto Contador: "And yes, it is true that for me it's the same to finish second or 10th."

Vincezo Nibali joins Anquetil, Gimondi, Merckx, Hinault and Contador as only the 6th winner of all 3 Grand Tours! Bravo Lo Squalo!
Carols

17 Jul 2013 16:08

AC called Froome FTW.

The yellow jersey is scared of AC even after a stage win.

AC is going to win, unless something goes wrong.
Cycling is interesting only because the line between the improbable and the attainable is not clear.
murali

17 Jul 2013 16:08

Carols wrote:I think they aren't done yet :) Much more interest to come!!!

Exactly, he was beat by 9 seconds, not 2 minutes.
My bet: Froome is showing fatigue and if Saxo can isolate him tomorrow...

AC´s strength is his ability to recover over 3 weeks, and they have far the strongest team, plus there are a couple of other contenders who will put some pressure on SKY the next days, this is not over by a mile.
User avatar xrayvision

17 Jul 2013 16:09

Carols wrote:More good news Saxo back in yellow helmets :) Have 2 on the podium. Berto finding form.

Look at the bright side :)

hear hear! I wanted him to win. It's not meant to be. So it is what it is. Bright side is, today's showed that he got his leg. No wonder froome was worry about not letting contador go yesterday. Who da' thought that he only lost 9 seconds? Everyone said that all GC contender will loose almost 2 minutes after ITT.

First objective - accomplished. Bertie and Roman sent mollema to dig his grave. RIP mollema. Mollema said yesterday he wasn't on the rope and it was easy. LOL. I guess now it showed "how easy yesterday was for him".

Next objective - move kreuziger up to second place and have contador do 'kamikaze suicidal attack". I'm waiting for fireworks in the alps. Purito seemed to get his form and he is determined to get podium. So expect an attack.
User avatar Jelantik

17 Jul 2013 16:12

Sorry, forget what I posted, I'm being childish again.

I'm just ****ed off because this was as big a chance of a win Alberto will ever get this season.
User avatar LaFlorecita

17 Jul 2013 16:12

I was kind of hoping Froome-Dawg would gift this stage
to El Pistolero...as sort of a sign of the changing of the
guard...a final tip of the hat to the tired old warrior.
User avatar oldcrank

17 Jul 2013 16:13

I prefer that Contador loses than wining cause Froome gifted it.

Champions don't get wins cause some alien wants to. They force it themselves.

Good sign anyways.
thehog wrote:JV if you truly wish to save cycling.

Do something.

You know it's not real.

Your Garmin guys are getting killed.
User avatar Miburo

17 Jul 2013 16:15

UpTheRoad wrote: He seems like a decent guy and he races to win without talking much. No shame in AC losing to him.

Some people may not agree with that.
Cycling is interesting only because the line between the improbable and the attainable is not clear.
murali

17 Jul 2013 16:15

LaFlorecita wrote:Sorry, forget what I posted, I'm being childish again.

I'm just ****ed off because this was as big a chance of a win Alberto will ever get this season.

Told you already before the tour, the dawgs main priority is to dominate Berto, and not letting him win even a stage, it´s his own words.

Who laughs last, laughs loudest....or something like that.
User avatar xrayvision

17 Jul 2013 16:17

xrayvision wrote:Exactly, he was beat by 9 seconds, not 2 minutes.
My bet: Froome is showing fatigue and if Saxo can isolate him tomorrow...

AC´s strength is his ability to recover over 3 weeks, and they have far the strongest team, plus there are a couple of other contenders who will put some pressure on SKY the next days, this is not over by a mile.

Yep....Froome tiring a bit and still scared of Berto. Berto looking much better, 3 brutal stages to go, Purito and Movistar not done yet. Sky can be shredded. Big Job ahead but Froome isn't going to have a processional to Paris just yet :)
Carol S.
~~~~
Alberto Contador: "And yes, it is true that for me it's the same to finish second or 10th."

Vincezo Nibali joins Anquetil, Gimondi, Merckx, Hinault and Contador as only the 6th winner of all 3 Grand Tours! Bravo Lo Squalo!
Carols

17 Jul 2013 16:17

Miburo wrote:I prefer that Contador loses than wining cause Froome gifted it.

Champions don't get wins cause some alien wants to. They force it themselves.

Good sign anyways.

I don't. Froome is the best. He dominates everyone. We know it already. 4 or 5 stage wins, it doesn't really matter or at least that's what I think.
User avatar LaFlorecita

17 Jul 2013 16:19

xrayvision wrote:You know what Carol, I think they rode an incredible tour as a team, and no matter what happens from now on, they have a lot to build on, and all respect to the team and AC for trying, and making it an interesting tour to watch.

Good post xrayvision. I think saxo has a camaraderie within their squad now. They fight together as a team. They believe in their leader and collective strength as a whole. I've never seen alberto in a team full with big name united for one cause. I hope they get the win they after, either tdf win, podium, team gc etc. Next year, this team should be stronger.

On hindsight, maybe this is not AC year. But he can certainly take the lesson to improve next year. Rogers said that every team are playing catch up with sky's method, including saxo. They are all by a mile behind. But Saxo is slowly catching up. So next year will be a tell if they finally catch up with sky. Not winning is probably a good motivation of alberto to do better next year. I don't believe Froome will be able to hit this kind of performance again next year. He'll be strong but not this strong. Everyone is playing catch up now.
User avatar Jelantik

17 Jul 2013 16:24

oldcrank wrote:I was kind of hoping Froome-Dawg would gift this stage
to El Pistolero...as sort of a sign of the changing of the
guard...a final tip of the hat to the tired old warrior.

I actually agree with this. A stage win then end his career. Now he'll have to see if he'll ever win a stage again to go out as a winner. :rolleyes:
User avatar LaFlorecita

17 Jul 2013 16:25

whats this **** about Froome interested in dominating? Why are you guys giving froome so much credit? He is scared. He is a sheep, It takes a wolf to beat a wolf. Expect more tactical mistakes from Froome. The race is not yet over.

And I don't understand the concept of gifting stages. AC is not some person in the bottom of GC who is only interested in stage wins.
murali

17 Jul 2013 16:27

LaFlorecita wrote:I actually agree with this. A stage win then end his career. Now he'll have to see if he'll ever win a stage again to go out as a winner. :rolleyes:

But if Cadel Evans can win TdF when he was at 34 yo, why couldn't Bertie win any GT at 31 or 32 yo?
boladelmundo

17 Jul 2013 16:28

LaFlorecita wrote:Now he'll have to see if he'll ever win a stage again to go out as a winner. :rolleyes:

Nice dream! A 75% AC is enough for podium place. AC still has a long career left.
murali

17 Jul 2013 16:32

murali wrote:Nice dream! A 75% AC is enough for podium place. AC still has a long career left.

Podium is not good enough.
User avatar LaFlorecita

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing