Register

Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

17 Jul 2013 18:44

maxmartin wrote:Can his veins get even more obvious???:eek:

LOL. Well, for me, it's a way of telling how much someone is exerting themselves--especially someone as lean as Froome. That's just my opinion. We'll see if he was bluffing a bit.
"The truth is when I race, it's 100% me" Alberto Contador

"I have no intention of being a conformist in this race. Not in the slightest" Alberto Contador

"We should all have more cake. Who doesn’t like cake?" Oleg Tinkov
User avatar Publicus

chapeau

17 Jul 2013 18:55

Anyone notice Eurosport commentators today were just saying the word "chapeau" all over the place?...ha-ha. Imitation is the best form of flattery, gues they were copying Alberto. His "chapeau", "kudos" to Froome.
jilbiker

17 Jul 2013 19:23

Carol S.
~~~~
Alberto Contador: "And yes, it is true that for me it's the same to finish second or 10th."

Vincezo Nibali joins Anquetil, Gimondi, Merckx, Hinault and Contador as only the 6th winner of all 3 Grand Tours! Bravo Lo Squalo!
Carols

17 Jul 2013 19:29

Today we get sensations :)

Today needed very little to get it, but could not be, sensations continue to improve, this is good. Now,3 hard days ahead.
Carol S.
~~~~
Alberto Contador: "And yes, it is true that for me it's the same to finish second or 10th."

Vincezo Nibali joins Anquetil, Gimondi, Merckx, Hinault and Contador as only the 6th winner of all 3 Grand Tours! Bravo Lo Squalo!
Carols

17 Jul 2013 19:29

@julienpretotRTR: Riis: "Froome should use his brakes more if he is too afraid because we are going to attack everywhere, whether it's uphill or downhill"

Lol.

Alberto is too nice. I'm glad there's Riis.
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita

17 Jul 2013 19:32

LaFlorecita wrote:@julienpretotRTR: Riis: "Froome should use his brakes more if he is too afraid because we are going to attack everywhere, whether it's uphill or downhill"

Lol.

Alberto is too nice. I'm glad there's Riis.

Nice! I like that attitude and approach to racing. :D
User avatar Afrank

17 Jul 2013 19:32

Big talk, not enough walk yet imo. But if that changes tomorrow, I'd be happy to acknowledge Saxo's guts.
User avatar spalco

17 Jul 2013 19:35

spalco wrote:Big talk, not enough walk yet imo. But if that changes tomorrow, I'd be happy to acknowledge Saxo's guts.

what are you talking about? They have tried a lot already. Uphill Froome is just to strong. Just love that they don't seem to ride for 2nd or to get 2 on the podium. They wanna take risks to try to win, even if its likely they fail
User avatar Cimber

17 Jul 2013 19:38

Yeah they tried, and credit to them for that; but apart from the minute Contador took back on him on stage 9 (or whichever it was), they didn't have any success yet.

Fact is: Saxo needs a huge win to beat Froome, not just a big win. And all of Riis' bluster won't be able to convince me they are able to deliver that until they show me.
User avatar spalco

17 Jul 2013 19:45

spalco wrote:Yeah they tried, and credit to them for that; but apart from the minute Contador took back on him on stage 9 (or whichever it was), they didn't have any success yet.

Fact is: Saxo needs a huge win to beat Froome, not just a big win. And all of Riis' bluster won't be able to convince me they are able to deliver that until they show me.

Oh but I wasnt talking about succeeding, neither did Riis. The point was that they would be trying in all terrains and every time there is even the smallest chance. So they are walking the talk
User avatar Cimber

17 Jul 2013 19:57

Contador is once again back to talk about his sensations, and they're good!

"Hoy faltó poco,pero no pudo ser,las sensaciones siguen mejorando,eso es bueno.Ahora 3 durísimos días por delante. ‪#‎graciasaficion‬

Today needed very little to get it, but could not be, sensations continue to improve, this is good. Now,3 hard days ahead. ‪#‎thankstoall‬"
infeXio

17 Jul 2013 20:10

Vamos Velasco, you're the man!
I have high hopes and low expectations of a stage win in this Tour. Maybe he can ask Vino how to do it in Paris.
User avatar trevim

17 Jul 2013 20:36

he's getting better and better :)

the madeleine carnicería is getting close
Vino 4ever
User avatar jens_attacks

17 Jul 2013 20:55

spalco wrote:Yeah they tried, and credit to them for that; but apart from the minute Contador took back on him on stage 9 (or whichever it was), they didn't have any success yet.

Has anyone from Saxo guaranteed that their efforts will be successful? All they have done is state that they will be bringing the race to Froome to attempt to put him in difficulty which is all that they can do in order to achieve their objectives. It's simply stating intent AND Riis responding to Froome's criticism. Of course they're desperate and this requires aggressive, risky racing, not simply sitting in and being content with 2nd and 3rd.
"It's a little bit scarey when Contador attacks." Tommie Voeckler
User avatar Angliru

17 Jul 2013 22:53

spalco wrote:Big talk, not enough walk yet imo. But if that changes tomorrow, I'd be happy to acknowledge Saxo's guts.

LOL.. they did attacked froome. They just haven't been succesful yet. Riis is just paying back to Froome's whining twitter about alberto recklessness. "froome should break more"... LOL.. PRICELESS!!!!...
User avatar Jelantik

17 Jul 2013 22:57

this is why I can't not rooting for this guy. Classy champion. Acknowledge and respect his opponent but still won't give up. Always glass half full.

“Finishing second today haven't changed our goal. We must try and see if we can climb to the top position. Yes, Froome is impressive but there are still two tough days and when you're second it's easier to get to first place. Froome is very strong but with this great team around me, there are several opportunities.”

if he doesn't give up yet, why would we?
User avatar Jelantik

17 Jul 2013 23:02

The Hitch wrote:Froome said he was taking it easy and saving for the next 3 stages.

froome can say whatever he wants. He is untouchable so far: that's the fact. But rest assured, his way to paris would be a roller coaster one *not like last year, everyone decided to lay dead for 3rd place*. So for that, I'm rooting for the aggressors. :D:D
User avatar Jelantik

17 Jul 2013 23:40

Guys the sensations are coming... so get ready for the agressions!

[SIZE="7"]#KeepFaithInContador![/SIZE]
[color=DarkRed]"Inspired by Climbing"
[/color]Allez Contador!
User avatar Ryaguas

18 Jul 2013 00:39

Ryaguas wrote:Guys the sensations are coming... so get ready for the agressions!

[SIZE="7"]#KeepFaithInContador![/SIZE]

he finally says "the S" word!!!!!!!....

i hope tomorrow won't rain *even though it said 80%.. not good* I want the double alpe d'huez.

ugh, his knee is swollen apparently. Hopefully tomorrow will start coming down.

“On the last descent it started to rain and I decided to go a little softer because I had a fall yesterday,” said Contador. “I don’t know if Froome risked or not in the finale. All I'm saying is that I didn’t wanted to risk, because yesterday I crashed and did not want to repeat. I preferred to lose a little time, because I have really swollen knee from that crash and I didn’t want to take another blow to it, because that would make things complicated for tomorrow.”
User avatar Jelantik

18 Jul 2013 02:44

Vamos contador!!!! Detona esse frooomeeee a hora É agora!!! Vamos vamos!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pra cima dele com tudo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
User avatar ThirdWorld

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing