Register

Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

23 Apr 2013 05:42

I like the story about taxi and a strange man in Rome. :p
Testing the bounds of reality.
User avatar Zam_Olyas

23 Apr 2013 05:47

Zam_Olyas wrote:I like the story about taxi and a strange man in Rome. :p

What is funny is that I don't remember the story anymore :D

Edit: it was with Roma Maxima right? I said I was on that street a year ago in a taxi and then you asked about the taxi driver lol :D
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita

23 Apr 2013 05:50

Whens Alberto next racing is he racing at all in may?
User avatar TANK91

23 Apr 2013 05:55

TANK91 wrote:Whens Alberto next racing is he racing at all in may?

Dauphiné in june
User avatar LaFlorecita

23 Apr 2013 11:56

LaFlorecita wrote:Exactly! Only time I found cycling on TV was in Spain and in Portugal :D in a bar. it was kinda cool. in Portugal the bartender was a Berto fan lol

Last Year I was in France, during the TDF, in July.

I was thinking that cycling in France was like soccer here in Brazil.. that All the places would be showing the races on the tv... bla...

I had to drive a lot, going from one little city to another.. sometimes, like going from the alpes to the pyrinees, I had to drive during the race.. so my plan was to stop in some "bar" and watch the race..

Man, It was very hard to find some place with the tdf on the tv. Thanks god, there is some radios that transmite the tdf..

it's look like that only the old guys like cycling.

But in the cities that are host of an stage, it was easy to find a lot of people (tourists) in a bar watching the tdf. But in the others cities... I give up!
ALBERTO CONTADOR, BANG BANG!
User avatar virandociclista

23 Apr 2013 15:45

LaFlorecita wrote:Okay ferryman, you are not worried but I am, and so are lots of other fans. Yes I agree sometimes I can come across a bit pessimistic but it's how I feel :D right now things aren't looking good and only a hardcore fan could ignore this. I am not saying he won't improve at all but I don't think he'll improve enough to avoid getting crushed by the skyborg. I even think Andy might beat him, who would've thought that a few months ago. He is riding around like a lost puppy lol. Bjarne, help dude, you are my only hope :D work your magic please

Now, now... that is a pessimistic thinking. Yeah Bertie hasn't beat anyone else in the top peloton. But July is still 2 months away. Bertie is a smart and very competitive. I don't believe he would just let himself slaughter by skyborgs. But as I said time in time, he can't do it by himself. He needs his teammate to deal with sky. TDF 2011 he said the he wished he had his Giro 2011 form, because he could do anything he wanted. He knew how to get to the Giro 2011 level, because he's done it before via his training. So let's just sit back and see how he is doing in Dauphene. Froome will be there too. If he is closed then at least he'll be ready for TDF. And yeah as much as Andy is annoying from his whining attitude stand point, I was hoping that he'll get his top shape too. If Bertie can't get help from his team, at least Andy can be another headache that sky has to deal with.
User avatar Jelantik

23 Apr 2013 15:49

July is two months away:rolleyes: You know at some point you can't use the "July is x months away" argument anymore
User avatar LaFlorecita

23 Apr 2013 15:52

LaFlorecita wrote:July is two months away:rolleyes: You know at some point you can't use the "July is x months away" argument anymore

that's why everything is relative as far as human body :D. So all we can do is hope and wait to see how he's bouncing back. (1 month, 2 month, etc.) If he didn't bounce back, then there's no would da, could da, should da anymore. He is what he is..:p
User avatar Jelantik

23 Apr 2013 18:20

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93xaPOZONDc durianrider:o:D did he say "dance like Lance" :eek:
User avatar LaFlorecita

24 Apr 2013 15:17

User avatar LaFlorecita

24 Apr 2013 15:34

He is going to have to rely on race savvy, tactics and recovery to be successful it seems. The body is no longer cooperating :( It happens to all of them.....
Carol S.
~~~~
Alberto Contador: "And yes, it is true that for me it's the same to finish second or 10th."

Vincezo Nibali joins Anquetil, Gimondi, Merckx, Hinault and Contador as only the 6th winner of all 3 Grand Tours! Bravo Lo Squalo!
User avatar Carols

27 Apr 2013 07:03

The sports management of Team Saxo-Tinkoff has now finalized the nine rider roster that will start this year's first Grand Tour, the 96th edition of the Giro d'Italia.

The line up is:

- Rory Sutherland (Australia)
- Mads Christensen (Denmark)
- Matti Breschel (Denmark)
- Karsten Kroon (Holland)
- Daniele Bennati (Italy)
- Manuele Boaro (Italy)
- Rafal Majka (Poland)
- Bruno Pires (Portugal)
- Evgeny Petrov (Russia)

"Our protected rider will be Rafal. Even though he is still very young, we believe he is capable of finishing amongst the 10-15 best riders in the GC, if he has hit his peak form, and he could also be a contender for the Young Rider's Jersey. Rafal is very much looking forward to the last tough week of the race, and I really hope he will show his great potential in the mountains, like we saw it in last year's Vuelta a Espana."
User avatar xrayvision

27 Apr 2013 07:07

Majka :):)
User avatar LaFlorecita

27 Apr 2013 07:14

So no Bennati or Breschel for the tour then?
"I know how to ride my bike" - Nibali

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9LBsWCNE9I

Vuelta 06 - the greatest gt in history!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24TQdI7csHs
Vino attacks everyone

27 Apr 2013 07:16

I guess not, but what surprises me is no Nicki or Matteo in the giro team :confused:
User avatar LaFlorecita

27 Apr 2013 07:27

LaFlorecita wrote:I guess not, but what surprises me is no Nicki or Matteo in the giro team :confused:

thw old guys will protect AC come this July i guess :o
"I know how to ride my bike" - Nibali

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9LBsWCNE9I

Vuelta 06 - the greatest gt in history!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24TQdI7csHs
Vino attacks everyone

27 Apr 2013 10:06

LaFlorecita wrote:I guess not, but what surprises me is no Nicki or Matteo in the giro team :confused:

Specially since Nicki was supposed to go after the only stage win he misses, GT-wise.
User avatar trevim

27 Apr 2013 10:24

The tour rooster begins to look something like:

Berto
Benna
Tossato
Roche
Kreuziger
CAS
Jesus
Paulinho
Rogers
User avatar xrayvision

27 Apr 2013 10:25

Contador really likes Matteo since giro '11. He really wanted him in the tour team that year.
thehog wrote:JV if you truly wish to save cycling.

Do something.

You know it's not real.

Your Garmin guys are getting killed.
User avatar Miburo

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing