Register

Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

30 Apr 2013 21:49

airstream wrote:You as a fan who can see cycling only with your rider on top have a very special type interpretation of facts. All the more so I clearly imagine what you'll respond if we launch discussion

Ask other 'objective' people here on this forum who they think is the better climber? Or is everyone a Contador fan?

Come on airstream, do it.
thehog wrote:JV if you truly wish to save cycling.

Do something.

You know it's not real.

Your Garmin guys are getting killed.
User avatar Miburo

30 Apr 2013 21:55

I am not a Contador fan, and I admit: Andy [SIZE="5"]invented[/SIZE] climbing for Contador:D
User avatar serfla

30 Apr 2013 22:06

Miburo wrote:Ask other 'objective' people here on this forum who they think is the better climber? Or is everyone a Contador fan?

Come on airstream, do it.

Pfff. Ain't I know how this forum works?? If we launch Froome / Contador poll, Contador will win. People adore to bathe in the past on here
User avatar airstream

30 Apr 2013 22:35

airstream wrote:Pfff. Ain't I know how this forum works?? If we launch Froome / Contador poll, Contador will win. People adore to bathe in the past on here

naaaah.. that's just your prediction. I like contador. I think andy is as good as contador in the mountain. But contador is more explosive than andy. Still Andy can hang with him (otherwise he won't finish second behind contador). Contador more all around that Andy. So Contador is better in that regards as GT rider. Froome is "now" stronger and the best climber at this point. Is contador lesser than Froome? I would prefer to wait until july. So there you go.
User avatar Jelantik

01 May 2013 07:38

Jelantik wrote:naaaah.. that's just your prediction. I like contador. I think andy is as good as contador in the mountain. But contador is more explosive than andy. Still Andy can hang with him (otherwise he won't finish second behind contador). Contador more all around that Andy. So Contador is better in that regards as GT rider. Froome is "now" stronger and the best climber at this point. Is contador lesser than Froome? I would prefer to wait until july. So there you go.

this pretty much.
On top form, I doubt that Andy can climb away from AC, but I also doubt AC can climb away from Andy. Still think that if they both climbed Zoncolan a hundred times I do think AC would have won 65 of them just becasue of his acceleration
"I know how to ride my bike" - Nibali

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9LBsWCNE9I

Vuelta 06 - the greatest gt in history!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24TQdI7csHs
Vino attacks everyone

01 May 2013 09:37

Vino attacks everyone wrote:this pretty much.
On top form, I doubt that Andy can climb away from AC, but I also doubt AC can climb away from Andy. Still think that if they both climbed Zoncolan a hundred times I do think AC would have won 65 of them just becasue of his acceleration

You should know better ;)

I'll give you the 65, because Contador would gift it the other 35 times :o

Do something.

You know it's not real.

User avatar Miburo

01 May 2013 10:03

Miburo wrote:Just respond to me directly :o

AS is not as good a climber as Contador. Simple stating a fact, and you're simply denying a fact like always.

I find it hard to make such absolute statements, not taking into account a particular year, race or even stage.
2009 Verbier Contador was surely better then 2009 Verbier Schleck. But in 2010 they were already matching each other. I don't want to use 2011 Tour as an example of Schleck's superiority because Contador was doing a second GT, and battling injuries. But now it is Schleck that is troubled by them. Contador seems to have reached his peak in 2009. From his return until now he apparently coudn't get into that zone, and I don't want to speculate on the reasons for it.
Can we really honestly say that we have seen the peak form of Schleck? It might have come last year if it wasn't for injuries, but now we simply have no ways of knowing it. I would be very careful however to judge a guy who already in 2007 showed his potential at such young age climbing Zoncolan with such ability, as an inferior climber to anyone.
User avatar Gregory

01 May 2013 11:03

Gregory wrote:I find it hard to make such absolute statements, not taking into account a particular year, race or even stage.
2009 Verbier Contador was surely better then 2009 Verbier Schleck. But in 2010 they were already matching each other. I don't want to use 2011 Tour as an example of Schleck's superiority because Contador was doing a second GT, and battling injuries. But now it is Schleck that is troubled by them. Contador seems to have reached his peak in 2009. From his return until now he apparently coudn't get into that zone, and I don't want to speculate on the reasons for it.
Can we really honestly say that we have seen the peak form of Schleck? It might have come last year if it wasn't for injuries, but now we simply have no ways of knowing it. I would be very careful however to judge a guy who already in 2007 showed his potential at such young age climbing Zoncolan with such ability, as an inferior climber to anyone.

You say Contador was at his peak in 2009. Schleck was only a few months younger than that Alberto in 2011 and he barely could ride away from him after that giro. Contador in giro 2011 was close if not even to tour 2009 Contador.

Besides since when do you get the title best climber based on solely the tour? In the previous years Contador proved he was anywhere the best while Schleck couldn't even get close to top 10 in many races.

Do something.

You know it's not real.

User avatar Miburo

01 May 2013 13:22

Miburo wrote:You say Contador was at his peak in 2009. Schleck was only a few months younger than that Alberto in 2011 and he barely could ride away from him after that giro. Contador in giro 2011 was close if not even to tour 2009 Contador.

Besides since when do you get the title best climber based on solely the tour? In the previous years Contador proved he was anywhere the best while Schleck couldn't even get close to top 10 in many races.

At the 2010 Tour Andy was dropping Alberto in the mountains. Chaingate ruined the party for him.
User avatar Contadoraus Schlecks

01 May 2013 13:30

Contadoraus Schlecks wrote:At the 2010 Tour Andy was dropping Alberto in the mountains. Chaingate ruined the party for him.

He dropped him in on a rather flat part of a climb. That's it.

Do something.

You know it's not real.

User avatar Miburo

01 May 2013 13:32

Contador could have ridden away from Schleck on Tourmalet, but didn't since he was in yellow.

Contador was strongest.
Cancellara is like The Black Album. Really good but way overrated.
User avatar Netserk

01 May 2013 13:38

Netserk wrote:Contador could have ridden away from Schleck on Tourmalet, but didn't since he was in yellow.

Contador was strongest.

He could have won the sprint easily but i don't agree with ridden away from him.

He tried but it didn't work. I think he maybe had the legs to try it again but he didn't want to risk it.

Do something.

You know it's not real.

User avatar Miburo

01 May 2013 13:39

Netserk wrote:Contador could have ridden away from Schleck on Tourmalet, but didn't since he was in yellow.

Contador was strongest.

Off course.
He can beat Chuck Norris, too.
Only if he wants.
User avatar serfla

01 May 2013 13:39

Contador was strongest.

If that is the case then why was Schleck dropping Alberto prior to Tourmalet?

As much as I like AC he got lucky that year
User avatar Contadoraus Schlecks

01 May 2013 13:42

Contadoraus Schlecks wrote:If that is the case then why was Schleck dropping Alberto prior to Tourmalet?

As much as I like AC he got lucky that year

Ridiculous statement (put away retarded, people can get sensitive). I know you're talking about chaingate.

What about Contador's flat tire in the last km's at the cobble stage? and i'm not even talking then about the time AS gained by that crash of his bro.

Contador deserved to win that tour. Simple as that.

AS shouldn't have been a p ussy and attack earlier on Morzine and don't give out such a s hit prologue.

Do something.

You know it's not real.

User avatar Miburo

01 May 2013 13:45

Miburo wrote:Ridiculous statement (put away retarded, people can get sensitive). I know you're talking about chaingate.

What about Contador's flat tire in the last km's at the cobble stage? and i'm not even talking then about the time AS gained by that crash of his bro.

Contador deserved to win that tour. Simple as that.

Unfortunately, he didn't win it.
User avatar serfla

01 May 2013 13:49

Moreover, he didn't win it and seriously underminded his career with that. His disgusting behaviour played against him, he still pays for it and he'll continue to pay.
User avatar airstream

01 May 2013 13:50

serfla wrote:Off course.
He can beat Chuck Norris, too.
Only if he wants.

Don't pay attention to. That post is obvious provocation. First such posters say Contador didn't attack because was in yellow and then in 5 minutes write in other thread that Wiggins is anti cycling because he didn't attack being in yellow. Typical situation.
User avatar airstream

01 May 2013 13:55

Contadoraus Schlecks wrote:At the 2010 Tour Andy was dropping Alberto in the mountains. Chaingate ruined the party for him.

Mende???? I recall Andy couldn't follow Contador at a crucial moment on that particular stage. Exactly when was Andy dropping Contador? Other than the initial mountain stage where Contador made the mistake of trying to answer each and every attack until he had nothing left when Andy and Samu made their move. I'd say they were pretty much evenly matched in 2010.
"It's a little bit scarey when Contador attacks." Tommie Voeckler
User avatar Angliru

01 May 2013 14:18

airstream wrote:Moreover, he didn't win it and seriously underminded his career with that. His disgusting behaviour played against him, he still pays for it and he'll continue to pay.

Tell me, did Andy wait when the yellow jersey crashed in the cobble stage?

Every great champion would have done the same as Contador. He made the right decision but he shouldn't have lied about it though and for sure not apologize to andy.

Do something.

You know it's not real.

User avatar Miburo

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing