Register

Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

13 May 2013 11:14

Pulpstar wrote:Noted that Rogers has moved to Saxo whilst watching To Cali last night, also Roche should be a pretty good domestique.

Of course Sky proved that having a good train is key to win especially the TdF.

With SBW, Uran and Henao, Knees (Are they even in TdF ?) most likely going to be somewhat tired from the Giro and with Saxo seemingly sending quite a weak team combined with their new signings for the TdF - Well will the Saxo train be as strong if not stronger than the Sky Train come TdF ?

They've got Kiri:D
Alberto Contador fanboy
Vamos Colombia!
Ryo Hazuki in August 2013 wrote:what? quintana is already better climber than froome. see final stages of the tour and he's only 23. quintana is the best climber I've sene since pantani. he will become a legend
User avatar ILovecycling

13 May 2013 11:34

JimPanzen wrote:First of all Bertie has to be in top shape. For a rider like Contador, any teams train could be a good start ramp to attack. He's not a diesel like Wiggins who has to be paced up the mountain with high constant tempo. His own team will matter when it should come to defending the lead.

Obv hes a totally different rider to Wiggins, but up against Froome - any - rider will need a team that is on a par with Sky to compete methinks. The difference in strength of the TdF 2012 Sky team and any other was just so huge. The only other team I've seen really dominate like that is the various metamorpheses of US Postal (No insinuation against Sky intended in that comment btw)

I just think now maybe the Saxo-Tinkoff and Sky teams are going to be roughly equal which wouldn't have been the case previously, which probably turns it into a straight fight of who is stronger of Froome/Bertie (Which is surely a good thing)
User avatar Pulpstar

13 May 2013 11:42

Pulpstar wrote:Obv hes a totally different rider to Wiggins, but up against Froome - any - rider will need a team that is on a par with Sky to compete methinks. The difference in strength of the TdF 2012 Sky team and any other was just so huge. The only other team I've seen really dominate like that is the various metamorpheses of US Postal (No insinuation against Sky intended in that comment btw)

I just think now maybe the Saxo-Tinkoff and Sky teams are going to be roughly equal which wouldn't have been the case previously, which probably turns it into a straight fight of who is stronger of Froome/Bertie (Which is surely a good thing)

It all depends on Saxo's fitness level. One thing I've noticed about Sky is they are, from top to bottom, in phenomenal condition. Not jusr Froome, but everyone of them. So Saxo cant just be good on paper (which has been the case so far), they have to all be great on the road or it's all for not.
"The truth is when I race, it's 100% me" Alberto Contador

"I have no intention of being a conformist in this race. Not in the slightest" Alberto Contador

"We should all have more cake. Who doesn’t like cake?" Oleg Tinkov
User avatar Publicus

13 May 2013 11:50

Froome vs Contador will be like Schleck vs. Contador in 2011, only Froome is a better TTer than Bertie, while Schleck was a worse TTer than Bertie.
User avatar Cimber

13 May 2013 12:01

Cimber wrote:Froome vs Contador will be like Schleck vs. Contador in 2011, only Froome is a better TTer than Bertie, while Schleck was a worse TTer than Bertie.

So in the end it's NOT like Schleck vs. Contador afterall? :D
User avatar JimPanzen

13 May 2013 12:03

JimPanzen wrote:So in the end it's NOT like Schleck vs. Contador afterall? :D

my point was that we will see the same picture in the mountains as with Schleck vs. Contador. Its in the TTs it will be different.
User avatar Cimber

13 May 2013 12:08

Cimber wrote:my point was that we will see the same picture in the mountains as with Schleck vs. Contador. Its in the TTs it will be different.

You mean those two above the rest? Yep, maybe that'll be the case. But that was 2010 I think, not 2011.
User avatar JimPanzen

13 May 2013 12:10

JimPanzen wrote:You mean those two above the rest? Yep, maybe that'll be the case. But that was 2010 I think, not 2011.

Ofcourse it was. I meant 2010. Time really flies. And ye those two above the rest, unable to drop eachother most of the time.
User avatar Cimber

13 May 2013 15:58

kingjr wrote:Something to cheer about for Florecita and all Contador fans ;)

olivier CALMEL ‏
@lancearmstrong Who Will win next tour de France?

Lance Armstrong
@ocalmel @albertocontador will

I think LA is trying to jinx Alberto :D
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita

13 May 2013 16:01

Jelantik wrote:alberto's twitter:

@marchacontador already training hard for it&the Tour.It will be very good;)

sound promising?

I may be stupid but I thought that meant Marcha Contador will be good
User avatar LaFlorecita

13 May 2013 22:23

Roger is coming back, AC will have a good helper in the Tour:D
Either SKY bring us into future or bring us back ten years. Only time will tell.
User avatar maxmartin

14 May 2013 00:55

maxmartin wrote:Roger is coming back, AC will have a good helper in the Tour:D

Indeed he is showing some form! Looked very good until the final brutal kms. Hope he can move forward off of ToC, but it is so brutal there riders might regress :(
Carol S.
~~~~
Alberto Contador: "And yes, it is true that for me it's the same to finish second or 10th."

Vincezo Nibali joins Anquetil, Gimondi, Merckx, Hinault and Contador as only the 6th winner of all 3 Grand Tours! Bravo Lo Squalo!
Carols

14 May 2013 01:18

maxmartin wrote:Roger is coming back, AC will have a good helper in the Tour:D

yup. I was happy to see him back in form. Apparently he's been ill. No wonder he hasn't been in the line up. I'm rooting for him to win TOC. or at least podium (Saxo needs a win to boost morale) His form would be a good sign and a boost for saxo team comes July.

I wonder how Alberto is doing. Didn't see much photo on his tweeter recently.
User avatar Jelantik

14 May 2013 01:20

LaFlorecita wrote:I may be stupid but I thought that meant Marcha Contador will be good

hahaha.. maybe "I'm lost in translation":D
User avatar Jelantik

14 May 2013 01:58

Hopefully Contador finds some form before the Dauphine, Rogers will need help if he's going to win :cool:
Ferminal

14 May 2013 09:17

gooner wrote:Rumour that Contador might be doing the Tour of Norway.

http://www.procycling.no/article3622625.ece

Let's see, it might be nothing at the end of the day.

Yep, it has just been confirmed that he isn't on the roster. It would have been surprising if he was
User avatar BRCYC11

14 May 2013 15:21

Is Majka riding the Tour?
User avatar Contadoraus Schlecks

14 May 2013 15:26

Contadoraus Schlecks wrote:Is Majka riding the Tour?

No

I have decided Majka will be my favorite rider when Alberto retires:eek::D:)
User avatar LaFlorecita

14 May 2013 15:31

Contadoraus Schlecks wrote:Is Majka riding the Tour?

was impressive today... a useful ally for Contador in the future. Saxo Bank look like they are building a very strong team around him on paper
User avatar R0BL4MBT0N

14 May 2013 15:35

LaFlorecita wrote:No

I have decided Majka will be my favorite rider when Alberto retires:eek::D:)

Jumping on an early bandwagon ;)
thehog wrote:JV if you truly wish to save cycling.

Do something.

You know it's not real.

Your Garmin guys are getting killed.
User avatar Miburo

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing