Register

Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

20 May 2013 15:45

LaFlorecita wrote:
what if he never wins something again? He should retire already?

He will win again, have faith :) He might be in decline but he has the spirit and savvy of a winner. I think you will see something closer to the old Alberto very soon :)
Carol S.
~~~~
Alberto Contador: "And yes, it is true that for me it's the same to finish second or 10th."

Vincezo Nibali joins Anquetil, Gimondi, Merckx, Hinault and Contador as only the 6th winner of all 3 Grand Tours! Bravo Lo Squalo!
User avatar Carols

20 May 2013 15:47

I'm not saying he'll never win something again, just asking what you think he should do if he'd never win something again.
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita

20 May 2013 15:50

LaFlorecita wrote:Well judging by Nibali's comments I don't think they're best friends

what if he never wins something again? He should retire already?

What comments?
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago

journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch

20 May 2013 15:51

LaFlorecita wrote:I'm not saying he'll never win something again, just asking what you think he should do if he'd never win something again.

I think I answered that; become a DS working for Vino. He is to classy to become a domestique for anyone!!!

He will know when the power is gone, get in a nice 1 week win and retire from riding.
Carol S.
~~~~
Alberto Contador: "And yes, it is true that for me it's the same to finish second or 10th."

Vincezo Nibali joins Anquetil, Gimondi, Merckx, Hinault and Contador as only the 6th winner of all 3 Grand Tours! Bravo Lo Squalo!
User avatar Carols

Zam_Olyas wrote:The powers that be (mods and admins) will have a meeting and decide whether to give him time or not, susan will get back to you and let you know.

Ok I will be awaiting her answer :D
User avatar LaFlorecita

Oh, it's so sad we don't have possibility to take Froome of 12, Contador of 09 and Andy of 10 to see what will happen. I'm sure 2 of 3 will strongly disappoint
User avatar airstream

20 May 2013 15:53

Carols wrote:I think I answered that; become a DS working for Vino. He is to classy to become a domestique for anyone!!!

He will know when the power is gone, get in a nice 1 week win and retire from riding.

Why working for Vino? :p working for Bjarne, that would be awesome. Btw I think he said once that he wouldn't want a job in cycling after retiring
User avatar LaFlorecita

20 May 2013 15:54

Even if he's stops winning he's got such a mark on his back that every gt stage explodes when The Great One attacks
Let us remember what happened on March 16th, 2014

The Hitch wrote:Red Rick. Road Race forum MVP 2014.

The Hitch wrote:#RedRick4RCSRaceDirector.
Red Rick

20 May 2013 15:55

The Hitch wrote:What comments?

Several comments over the years, giro 2011 for example
User avatar LaFlorecita

20 May 2013 15:57

LaFlorecita wrote:Why working for Vino? :p working for Bjarne, that would be awesome. Btw I think he said once that he wouldn't want a job in cycling after retiring

Okay working for Bjarne, that is even better :)

What would he do if he doesn't stay in cycling? He is basically uneducated, yes? Open a restaurant?
Carol S.
~~~~

User avatar Carols

20 May 2013 15:59

LaFlorecita wrote:Several comments over the years, giro 2011 for example

Nibali is quite respectful towards Contador. He for example said in the tour of 2012 that there's only guy he can't beat in a GT and that's Contador (it was something like that).
thehog wrote:JV if you truly wish to save cycling.

Do something.

You know it's not real.

Your Garmin guys are getting killed.
User avatar Miburo

20 May 2013 16:07

Carols wrote:Okay working for Bjarne, that is even better :)

I agree:)

What would he do if he doesn't stay in cycling? He is basically uneducated, yes?

How should I know? Perhaps he'll get educated. Or perhaps he'll sit on his *** all day.

Open a restaurant?

This just asks for a steak house joke lol

Miburo wrote:Nibali is quite respectful towards Contador. He for example said in the tour of 2012 that there's only guy he can't beat in a GT and that's Contador (it was something like that).

That doesn't say anything, Chris Horner of all people said something along those lines a while back :p
User avatar LaFlorecita

20 May 2013 16:12

LaFlorecita wrote:
This just asks for a steak house joke lol

OMG ROTFL....I don't think like that :)

I hope he stays in cycling; I'd like to see him on the broadcasts even if he isn't racing. Don't want him to just disappear like Indurain et al who you only see on a podium once in a while.
Carol S.
~~~~

User avatar Carols

20 May 2013 16:14

Carols wrote:OMG ROTFL....I don't think like that :)

I hope he stays in cycling; I'd like to see him on the broadcasts even if he isn't racing. Don't want him to just disappear like Indurain et al who you only see on a podium once in a while.

Yes I agree, but on the other hand if he doesn't want it I can understand that. 15 years in cycling might be more than enough for him.
User avatar LaFlorecita

20 May 2013 16:23

Alberto Contador ‏@albertocontador 2m
Good week for @teamsaxotinkoff with2second places overall on California Tour with @mickrogers and Norway Tour with @sergiompahulino ;)
User avatar LaFlorecita

20 May 2013 16:30

LaFlorecita wrote:Alberto Contador ‏@albertocontador 2m
Good week for @teamsaxotinkoff with2second places overall on California Tour with @mickrogers and Norway Tour with @sergiompahulino ;)

The team is getting into Tour form. Hopefully Bertie is also!!!
Carol S.
~~~~

User avatar Carols

20 May 2013 16:40

Carols wrote:The team is getting into Tour form. Hopefully Bertie is also!!!

Looks like Riis knows what he's doing. His strategy has never been to have his riders at 95% all season like Sky. Instead he focuses on peaking for the right races. Both Rogers and Paulinho were crappy 2 months ago, but now they have improved immensely as the Tour approaches. The same will be the case with Contador.
maltiv

20 May 2013 16:43

maltiv wrote:Looks like Riis knows what he's doing. His strategy has never been to have his riders at 95% all season like Sky. Instead he focuses on peaking for the right races. Both Rogers and Paulinho were crappy 2 months ago, but now they have improved immensely as the Tour approaches. The same will be the case with Contador.

Look at Petrov in the giro too. Since when is he able to do what he did sunday?
thehog wrote:JV if you truly wish to save cycling.

Do something.

You know it's not real.

Your Garmin guys are getting killed.
User avatar Miburo

20 May 2013 16:45

Miburo wrote:Look at Petrov in the giro too. Since when is he able to do what he did sunday?

alslhas
Dazed and Confused

20 May 2013 17:08

I'm getting some hope again :) :) Go Berto
User avatar LaFlorecita

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing