Register

Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

20 May 2013 17:13

LaFlorecita wrote:Alberto Contador ‏@albertocontador 2m
Good week for @teamsaxotinkoff with2second places overall on California Tour with @mickrogers and Norway Tour with @sergiompahulino ;)

Carols wrote:The team is getting into Tour form. Hopefully Bertie is also!!!

Finally a tweet from contador. Been quiet lately. I hope he is busy busting his *bleep bleep* getting his form:p
User avatar Jelantik

20 May 2013 17:26

LaFlorecita wrote:I'm getting some hope again :) :) Go Berto

If Riis can get freaking Petrov in shape Contador should be no problem ;)
thehog wrote:JV if you truly wish to save cycling.

Do something.

You know it's not real.

Your Garmin guys are getting killed.
User avatar Miburo

20 May 2013 17:34

saxo and alberto will make le tour a living hell for sky or at least being at their level for sure

majka, vuelta 2012: "alberto will go twice as fast in tour 2013"

can't forget.

vamos the great one!
Vino 4ever
User avatar jens_attacks

20 May 2013 17:34

LaFlorecita wrote:Now that would be the worst possible scenario for me. I'd rather see him go to a new team set up by JB with LA as DS.

Majka will continue to progress and will become the new Alberto. I know it. I just feel it.

Hate to burst your bubble...Majka=good. Can not be "the new Alberto" because there is NO OTHER. Long live/ride/win..... the one and ONLY ALBERTO.
velascoabuela

20 May 2013 17:38

LaFlorecita wrote:Several comments over the years, giro 2011 for example

I repeat, what comments.
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago

journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch

20 May 2013 17:41

jens_attacks wrote:
vamos the great one!

That blade was broken and it has not yet been remade.

So far, only whispers.
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago

journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch

20 May 2013 17:49

"The likelihood of cheats succeeding in the London Olympics is somewhat remote." - David Howman, WADA Director General
18-Valve. (pithy)

20 May 2013 18:17

“I wanted to win the stage,” Nibali said shortly after the finish. “Everyone does his own race. I have not lost my soul. I’ve asked Contador to take a turn. I wanted to see how he was really. But he never gave me a turn. He attacked. I really think it was a lack of respect from him when he waited for me and attacked again.”
Cancellara is like The Black Album. Really good but way overrated.
User avatar Netserk

20 May 2013 19:36

Netserk wrote:“I wanted to win the stage,” Nibali said shortly after the finish. “Everyone does his own race. I have not lost my soul. I’ve asked Contador to take a turn. I wanted to see how he was really. But he never gave me a turn. He attacked. I really think it was a lack of respect from him when he waited for me and attacked again.”

Yea i always wondered. Why did Contador wait at the last km and then attacked again directly, That was strange.

Do something.

You know it's not real.

User avatar Miburo

20 May 2013 19:40

Netserk wrote:“I wanted to win the stage,” Nibali said shortly after the finish. “Everyone does his own race. I have not lost my soul. I’ve asked Contador to take a turn. I wanted to see how he was really. But he never gave me a turn. He attacked. I really think it was a lack of respect from him when he waited for me and attacked again.”

Perhaps Nibbles didn't understand why Contador didn't take a turn, but I do.
"The truth is when I race, it's 100% me" Alberto Contador

"I have no intention of being a conformist in this race. Not in the slightest" Alberto Contador

"We should all have more cake. Who doesn’t like cake?" Oleg Tinkov
User avatar Publicus

20 May 2013 19:47

Miburo wrote:Yea i always wondered. Why did Contador wait at the last km and then attacked again directly, That was strange.

Anton was up the road and not at threat to his (Contador's) overall and he was making Nibbles do all of the pace making and putting more time into Scarponi. There was no reason to help Nibbles to possible give him a chance to gain bonus seconds (or in the unlikely event, Contador cracked, gain more time on him). Then attack in the final kilometer and get away for the bonus seconds. It's a bit ruthless, but I can totally understand Contador's approach.

"I have no intention of being a conformist in this race. Not in the slightest" Alberto Contador

User avatar Publicus

20 May 2013 19:51

Publicus wrote:Anton was up the road and not at threat to his (Contador's) overall and he was making Nibbles do all of the pace making and putting more time into Scarponi. There was no reason to help Nibbles to possible give him a chance to gain bonus seconds (or in the unlikely event, Contador cracked, gain more time on him). Then attack in the final kilometer and get away for the bonus seconds. It's a bit ruthless, but I can totally understand Contador's approach.

Do you think it lacked respect?
Cancellara is like The Black Album. Really good but way overrated.
User avatar Netserk

20 May 2013 19:58

By and large both Anton and Nibali were no threat in GC equally.

I think Contador hit the ceiling on that stage a little bit. He realized he couldn't win the stage that he disliked, fan atmosphere was not for him as well, to put it mildly. So he decided to annoy Nibali at least. That attack had zero emulative sense in terms of GC. So to speak 'yeah, today I can't win, but listen up, little Shark, don't even dream of winning stage'
User avatar airstream

20 May 2013 20:03

It showed how much he rated Nibali as a threat :o
"It is going to be very scary." - Tom Boonen*
User avatar Panda Claws

20 May 2013 20:04

Publicus wrote:Anton was up the road and not at threat to his (Contador's) overall and he was making Nibbles do all of the pace making and putting more time into Scarponi. There was no reason to help Nibbles to possible give him a chance to gain bonus seconds (or in the unlikely event, Contador cracked, gain more time on him). Then attack in the final kilometer and get away for the bonus seconds. It's a bit ruthless, but I can totally understand Contador's approach.

I'm not talking about that.

He attacked at some point (at the end) but then in the last km nibali catches him almost again and contador goes then again.

Why was that? Why did Contador slow down?

Do something.

You know it's not real.

User avatar Miburo

20 May 2013 20:05

Netserk wrote:Do you think it lacked respect?

IMO, not at all. Actually watching the highlights now, Contador wasn't even sitting on his wheel. He was effectively riding to the right of Nibali. More to the point, I suspect Contador wasn't interested in riding down Anton (I wouldn't call it a gift per se, but a conscious decision not to contest the overall/help drag Nibali up the mountain to give him a chance for the win).

EDIT: The attack at a little over 1KM to go netted him 8" plus whatever the difference between bonifications. Maybe there was a psychological component to it, but it would only be a guess on my part.

User avatar Publicus

20 May 2013 20:09

Stop the youtube film maximize it press the printscreen button

Open any picture program like photoshop, open a new picture and press ctrl - V and the you have your picture
Coolair2970

20 May 2013 20:13

Vino attacks everyone wrote:Really, you wouldn't like to see a Vino as DS commanding AC and Nibbles to attack Quintana, Pinot and Froome up the very last mountainsage of the 2015 tdf in a desperate atempt to stop the 3 year Froome dominance? An attack that would be remembered to be more lethal than both WWs combined :cool:

Froome won't be around in 3 years time.
Coolair2970

20 May 2013 20:18

Carols wrote:Okay working for Bjarne, that is even better :)

What would he do if he doesn't stay in cycling? He is basically uneducated, yes? Open a restaurant?

Who gives a f''' he's got a millions in the bank or he can become partner with Basso and grow bluebe:prries
Coolair2970

20 May 2013 22:28

Coolair2970 wrote:Stop the youtube film maximize it press the printscreen button

Open any picture program like photoshop, open a new picture and press ctrl - V and the you have your picture

What picture are you referring to?
User avatar ferryman

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing