Register

Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

21 May 2013 19:11

airstream wrote:What are you getting at? Contador can't lose because he is the great one?

after this date, SATURDAY - JULY 6TH, you will know what I am getting at. :)
User avatar ThirdWorld

21 May 2013 19:51

Miburo wrote:No you can't, that name is preserved.

I thought DB was Ugluk, Froome Snaga, and Wiggo Garbag? :D
Le Baroudeur

21 May 2013 19:54

cycladianpirate wrote:Sorry, but that's just subjective.

And the fact that I sympathise with the premise is irrelevant also - that's just my subjective opinion too. If you were to say "the most talented" cyclist of his time, I would agree wholeheartedly. But, then, that isn't a statement of fact, but one of opinion.

Cycling is a sport not an art. You don't have to sell paintings to be a great artist (vide Van Gogh). You do have to win races to be a great cyclist.

My point was that the precise number doesn't matter, so long as its more than everyone else. Though yes 2 was a tad on the ridiculous side
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago

journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch

21 May 2013 19:58

Le Baroudeur wrote:I thought DB was Ugluk, Froome Snaga, and Wiggo Garbag? :D

Vino is Sauron, thats for sure :D
"I know how to ride my bike" - Nibali

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9LBsWCNE9I

Vuelta 06 - the greatest gt in history!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24TQdI7csHs
Vino attacks everyone

21 May 2013 20:19

Vino attacks everyone wrote:Vino is Sauron, thats for sure :D

Yeah, he's the Lord of the Olympic Rings:D
Let us remember what happened on March 16th, 2014

The Hitch wrote:Red Rick. Road Race forum MVP 2014.

The Hitch wrote:#RedRick4RCSRaceDirector.
Red Rick

21 May 2013 21:08

Alberto and Jesus are Frodo and Sam.

And for me Berto is the best cyclist ever even if he never wins something again. He is special.
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita

21 May 2013 21:12

Miburo wrote:No you can't, that name is preserved.

Uncle Fester has always sprung to mind ;)
User avatar Contadoraus Schlecks

21 May 2013 22:07

Vino attacks everyone wrote:Vino is Sauron, thats for sure :D

Not Morgoth?
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

User avatar The Hitch

21 May 2013 22:15

The Hitch wrote:Not Morgoth?

After Morgoth's defeat, his lieutenant Sauron gradually rallied many of Morgoth's servants to his own cause, and during the Second Age established himself in the land of Mordor. Sauron lacked the raw power and malice of his master, but he was far more cunning, and seduced many to his allegiance with lies and false promises. In the Second Age, Sauron repeatedly used his fame among Men as Morgoth's erstwhile lieutenant to portray himself as Morgoth's representative and thus gain the allegiance of his former master's worshippers. Similarly, in Númenor following his capture, Sauron became very powerful by seducing Ar-Pharazôn to the worship of Melkor, establishing a Cult in which it was only natural that, as Melkor's foremost former disciple, he became high priest.[9] This cult exploited the Númenórean fear of death by claiming that human sacrifice to Melkor would grant the Men of Númenor immortality. In actuality by turning away from Eru and the Valar they only dwindled more rapidly. Sauron used this religion among his means of encouraging Ar-Pharazôn's invasion of Valinor, which resulted in the destruction of Númenor by Eru. By the Third Age Sauron came more often to propound himself, rather than Morgoth, as the object of worship for his servants and subjects, but in his pride also portrayed himself as Morgoth returned when it was more convenient for him to do so.

You are right, Vino is MORgoth, and NIbali is Sauron
"I know how to ride my bike" - Nibali

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9LBsWCNE9I

Vuelta 06 - the greatest gt in history!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24TQdI7csHs
Vino attacks everyone

21 May 2013 23:53

LaFlorecita wrote:Alberto and Jesus are Frodo and Sam.

And for me Berto is the best cyclist ever even if he never wins something again. He is special.

OMG NO!!! Alberto is Elessar!!!! And Bjarne is Elrond :)
Carol S.
~~~~
Alberto Contador: "And yes, it is true that for me it's the same to finish second or 10th."

Vincezo Nibali joins Anquetil, Gimondi, Merckx, Hinault and Contador as only the 6th winner of all 3 Grand Tours! Bravo Lo Squalo!
User avatar Carols

22 May 2013 00:47

Oh boy, I fear for the day that Harry Potter will be the todays topic.
User avatar xrayvision

22 May 2013 00:56

xrayvision wrote:Oh boy, I fear for the day that Harry Potter will be the todays topic.

If we are moving onto literature for 5 year olds id rather it was Dan Brown.

User avatar The Hitch

22 May 2013 01:14

xrayvision wrote:Oh boy, I fear for the day that Harry Potter will be the todays topic.

It could be even worse. It could be Twilight.
"Listen, my son. Trust no one! You can count on no one but yourself. Improve your skills, son. Harden your body. Become a number one man. Do not ever let anyone beat you!" -- Gekitotsu! Satsujin ken
User avatar BroDeal

22 May 2013 08:01

Carols wrote:OMG NO!!! Alberto is Elessar!!!! And Bjarne is Elrond :)

No way! Alberto and Jesus are cute, tiny, brave and BFFs and they have to keep the precious yellow jersey out of the hands of the evil creature gollum
User avatar LaFlorecita

22 May 2013 08:10

Froome is Voldermort :D
User avatar Cimber

22 May 2013 08:12

The Hitch wrote:If we are moving onto literature for 5 year olds id rather it was Dan Brown.

:D Love Dan Brown, and the immortal Beetle Bailey by Mort Walker, don´t know why but to me Froome must be Bailey :p
User avatar xrayvision

23 May 2013 06:58

@jesushernandez3: A por Alpe D'Huez!@albertocontador @Roman86_K @nicholasroche Chris y yo viendo etapas del @letour.Esperemos que el tiempo nos respete!!Go!!

Alberto is in France for tdf stage recon with Roman, Nico, CAS and jesus
User avatar LaFlorecita

23 May 2013 07:12

LaFlorecita wrote:@jesushernandez3: A por Alpe D'Huez!@albertocontador @Roman86_K @nicholasroche Chris y yo viendo etapas del @letour.Esperemos que el tiempo nos respete!!Go!!

Alberto is in France for tdf stage recon with Roman, Nico, CAS and jesus

Nice to hear. Anyone know how his form is now and when he is racing next? Any posting of training anywhere. The last I heard was he relocated. I would imagine he is getting close to good form now.
User avatar Bexon30

23 May 2013 10:46

Bexon30 wrote:Nice to hear. Anyone know how his form is now and when he is racing next? Any posting of training anywhere. The last I heard was he relocated. I would imagine he is getting close to good form now.

Next race is the Dauphine, which is when we'll learn about his form (though he may hold his fire (won't want to go deep this close to the TdF))
"The truth is when I race, it's 100% me" Alberto Contador

"I have no intention of being a conformist in this race. Not in the slightest" Alberto Contador

"We should all have more cake. Who doesn’t like cake?" Oleg Tinkov
User avatar Publicus

23 May 2013 10:49

Publicus wrote:Next race is the Dauphine, which is when we'll learn about his form (though he may hold his fire (won't want to go deep this close to the TdF))

Did he ever go deep in the Dauphine?
User avatar airstream

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing