Register

Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

23 May 2013 19:14

Yeah, it's probably the most derailed thread in this section, but we can't let the discussion about The Great One slip off the first page right;).

Also, you have to admit that the Maillot Jaune belongs to Berto:D
Let us remember what happened on March 16th, 2014

The Hitch wrote:Red Rick. Road Race forum MVP 2014.

The Hitch wrote:#RedRick4RCSRaceDirector.
Red Rick

23 May 2013 19:20

My confidence in Alberto winning the Tour is beginning to improve a bit:) Having seen the recent drastic improvements made by RK, RM, SP etc Riis looks to be timing things well:D

Had also forgotten how much of a beast CAS was at the Tour last year.

Also Sky have been nowhere near as organised in the Giro
User avatar Contadoraus Schlecks

23 May 2013 19:23

LaFlorecita wrote:More awesomeness http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6PRyhpIILU
\
why do fans insist on putting cheap club music on alberto's clips? if it was me i would put some of conte's music when he is about to attack, or some music by carl orff, an alegro when he is dancing on the pedals and something along those lines; at least something more climatic.
robertocarlos

23 May 2013 19:24

Red Rick wrote:Yeah, it's probably the most derailed thread in this section, but we can't let the discussion about The Great One slip off the first page right;).

:rolleyes: why not?

Also, you have to admit that the Maillot Jaune belongs to Berto:D

:confused: this discussion isn't about the yellow jersey, but about lord of the ****ing rings. Sauron, gollum, ventoux, eye of sauron all haven't got ANYTHING to do with Alberto. Seriously, this thread is already embarrassingly pointless, let's not make it worse shall we?
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita

23 May 2013 19:27

Contadoraus Schlecks wrote:My confidence in Alberto winning the Tour is beginning to improve a bit:) Having seen the recent drastic improvements made by RK, RM, SP etc Riis looks to be timing things well:D

Had also forgotten how much of a beast CAS was at the Tour last year.

Also Sky have been nowhere near as organised in the Giro

Today Nibali crushed the bit of hope I had regained. If Nibali can do this, imagine what Froome can do. It will be just as frightening.

Alberto might improve but it will not be enough I fear. Froome is an alien, a human cannot beat an alien.
User avatar LaFlorecita

23 May 2013 19:31

LaFlorecita wrote:Today Nibali crushed the bit of hope I had regained. If Nibali can do this, imagine what Froome can do. It will be just as frightening.

Alberto might improve but it will not be enough I fear. Froome is an alien, a human cannot beat an alien.

We've had this discussion before. Alberto is also alien ;)

Image Image
Cancellara is like The Black Album. Really good but way overrated.
User avatar Netserk

23 May 2013 19:37

Jesus you sound like zam. Except when zam says it it's funny and when you say it it isn't. :o Each time the same pictures. Sigh.
User avatar LaFlorecita

23 May 2013 19:39

It's the same pictures, because they are meant to show the same... :rolleyes:
User avatar Netserk

23 May 2013 19:55

Netserk wrote:It's the same pictures, because they are meant to show the same... :rolleyes:

yep they are meant to show the exact same stupid thing

I wonder how zam feels about people stealing his line.. he probably doesn't care because he's cool like that:D:cool:

by the way, looks alone don't make anyone an alien. Froome is an alien because his performances are otherworldly. Even if Alberto LOOKED like an alien (which he doesn't) he still wouldn't BE an alien
User avatar LaFlorecita

23 May 2013 20:03

2009 Contador was much stronger than Froome.
User avatar Netserk

23 May 2013 20:09

Netserk wrote:2009 Contador was much stronger than Froome.

How would you know? You cannot be sure.
User avatar LaFlorecita

23 May 2013 20:14

LaFlorecita wrote:How would you know? You cannot be sure.

Stress not, Nessie's predictions have been shown wanting recently... Just hand them a lolly and a comforter, all will be well. :)
Le Baroudeur

23 May 2013 20:21

Le Baroudeur wrote:Stress not, Nessie's predictions have been shown wanting recently... Just hand them a lolly and a comforter, all will be well. :)

Lol haha :D
User avatar LaFlorecita

23 May 2013 20:34

La Flo, can you have a quick look at the question I asked in the clinic in the Contador thread?

23 May 2013 20:52

Contadoraus Schlecks wrote:La Flo, can you have a quick look at the question I asked in the clinic in the Contador thread?

I had a quick look and replied
User avatar LaFlorecita

23 May 2013 21:43

LaFlorecita wrote:I had a quick look and replied

Thanks for the response :) also got to remember that none of his points have counted this year, which must have demotivated him. Tour is another story though. Winning it provides immeasurable exposure for sponsors and saxo. He maybe is just aiming at July

23 May 2013 21:48

LaFlorecita wrote:What does that mean?

I believe in Dauphiné, if he does't lose any time in the mountains and can attack Froome once or twice, and really put him in trouble, and limit his losses in the tt (~30s), it means he will be strong in tdf.

That means I should be more careful when you using the stylus on my note 8 when sending messages. It should say win and not when :D:o
"The truth is when I race, it's 100% me" Alberto Contador

"I have no intention of being a conformist in this race. Not in the slightest" Alberto Contador

"We should all have more cake. Who doesn’t like cake?" Oleg Tinkov
User avatar Publicus

23 May 2013 22:34

LOL about all the negativity around El Pistolero. There isn't even going to be a real duel between Berto en the dawg. The Dawg will quit the tour after the Mont Ventoux out of pure misery because Berto completely destroyed him.

I mean c'mon. Contador has won 7 GT's the last 6 years. The only thing The Dawg won was Oman and Criterium International
User avatar Roderick

23 May 2013 23:34

You have to remember that the only time we've seen a 'fresh' Froome, well the new '11 version anyway, go all out on a grand tour climb is still just in that Pena Carbaga stage of the 2011 Vuelta against Cobo.* And from what I remember that was pretty spectacular, so god knows what awaits us in July. I'm not someone who thinks he could have taken massive time out of Wiggins on the Tour climbs last year but we still don't really know how good this new alien Froome really is.

* There was also the ''little dig'' on PDBF after he'd pulled on the front for 2km that left the defending champion looking like a mug.

Here's the Pena Carbaga attack for anyone who's forgotten: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5GxKr1XLtk Quite extraordinary.
JRanton

23 May 2013 23:49

Berto vs Froome

Whos the best climber: Berto
Whos the best descender: Berto
Whos the best TTér: Froome
Who have most endurance: Equal
Who have most exsperience: Berto
Who have the strongest team: Yet to be seen, but probably equal.
Who has Bjarne in the car: Berto

I wouldn´t be so freaking worried Laflo, the tour is not a one day race or a 1 week race, and in my book Berto do still have the upper hand.

Relax.
User avatar xrayvision

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing