Register

Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

24 May 2013 16:03

Very cool vid about team chef Hannah Grant

http://www.saxobank.com/cycling/
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita

24 May 2013 17:16

LaFlorecita wrote:Very cool vid about team chef Hannah Grant

http://www.saxobank.com/cycling/

Hannah is awesome. :)
Le Baroudeur

24 May 2013 17:19

Le Baroudeur wrote:Hannah is awesome. :)

Yea, Hannah is really cool :) her enthusiasm is great

And apparently she makes delicious brownies :D All the riders want are brownies apparently :p
User avatar LaFlorecita

24 May 2013 17:19

Jelantik wrote:I'm confused. you contradicted yourself. You said past palmares shouldn't be the measure for predicting winner. But yet you said, Froome is more favorite to win based on this year's performance (his feb, march, april = his past performance, and now he has palmares of winning Oman, Crit and Romandie). So past palmares isn't = to past performance? You achieve your palmares based on your performance on the race? No?:D

The last perfomances just have a bigger weight in any estimations.
User avatar airstream

24 May 2013 17:25

LaFlorecita wrote:Timmy Duggan
Mickey Rogey
Nicki
CAS
Noval (Noooo..!)
Sergio
and ofc Jesus

I hope they just put Noval in the team so Alberto won't cry when he doesn't get included in TDF team.

According to a Danish newspaper it seems 5 guys are fighting for the last 2 spots: Mørkøv, Noval, Paulinho, Tosatto and Benatti.

The 7 who seem to have cashed in their tickets are: Bertie, Jesus, Nicki, Roche, Rogers, Kreuziger, and CAS
User avatar Cimber

24 May 2013 17:27

GJB123 wrote:But the overall result of the attack was less than impressive gaining him absolutely nothing on Cobo.

If you handle that Froome move so partially, you should take into account how many times Contador put a significant time into overall contenders in GT in his career. It happened only twice at Verbier and Angliru

Naturally, Pena Cabarga was the most impressive mountain duel since Contador and Rasmussen at Peyresourde.
User avatar airstream

24 May 2013 17:27

Cimber wrote:According to a Danish newspaper it seems 5 guys are fighting for the last 2 spots: Mørkøv, Noval, Paulinho, Tosatto and Benatti.

The 7 who seem to have cashed in their tickets are: Bertie, Jesus, Nicki, Roche, Rogers, Kreuziger, and CAS

Paulinho is 100% on Le Tour lineup at the start, you can count on that.
User avatar Hugo87

24 May 2013 17:30

airstream wrote:If you handle that Froome move so partially, you should take into account how many times Contador put a significant time into overall contenders in GT in his career. It happened only at Verbier, Angliru, Etna, Grossglockner, Fuente De and all stages in Tour 2007 excluding Rasmussen

Naturally, Pena Cabarga was the most impressive mountain duel since Contador and Rasmussen at Peyresourde.

fixed your post
burning

24 May 2013 17:30

Cimber wrote:According to a Danish newspaper it seems 5 guys are fighting for the last 2 spots: Mørkøv, Noval, Paulinho, Tosatto and Benatti.

For TDF? I hope Tosatto and Paulinho. Bennati and Morkov would be handy for the TTT though.
User avatar LaFlorecita

24 May 2013 17:35

burning wrote:fixed your post

pennies pver Rujano, nothing over Rujano, pennies over Valverde.

Hm, harping on about 7 GT's however excluding Rasmussen benignantly. Very good.
User avatar airstream

24 May 2013 17:36

airstream wrote:pennies pver Rujano, nothing over Rujano, pennies over Valverde.

Since when Rujano is a GC rival to him?

And Valverde had no chance to beat him in GC as well
burning

24 May 2013 17:38

LaFlorecita wrote:For TDF? I hope Tosatto and Paulinho. Bennati and Morkov would be handy for the TTT though.

Ye meant for the Tour
User avatar Cimber

24 May 2013 17:40

burning wrote:Since when Rujano is a GC rival to him?

And Valverde had no chance to beat him in GC as well

I'm saying not about threat, I'm saying about GC contenders. In both cases Valverde and Rujano were GC contenders. All the more so we discussed solo attack in which apparently the time over Froome is planned to gain.
User avatar airstream

24 May 2013 17:52

I thought Nicki wasn't riding the TdF? I seem to recall a cycling news article to that effect earlier this year.
"The truth is when I race, it's 100% me" Alberto Contador

"I have no intention of being a conformist in this race. Not in the slightest" Alberto Contador

"We should all have more cake. Who doesn’t like cake?" Oleg Tinkov
User avatar Publicus

24 May 2013 18:05

Publicus wrote:I thought Nicki wasn't riding the TdF? I seem to recall a cycling news article to that effect earlier this year.

He would ride il Giro, but he didn't
User avatar LaFlorecita

24 May 2013 18:27

Cimber wrote:Ye meant for the Tour

Bennati thinks he will be at the tour:

@Benna80: x me e'sicuramente stato un inizio di stagione molto difficile e faticoso,queste due settimane di #Giro saranno davvero importanti per..

@Benna80: .iniziare ad allenarmi bene in vista dei miei prox appuntamenti #Svizzera e @letour

If he has been "promised" a spot, I think Mørkøv or Tosatto will earn the last spot
User avatar BRCYC11

24 May 2013 18:42

Publicus wrote:I thought Nicki wasn't riding the TdF? I seem to recall a cycling news article to that effect earlier this year.

Ye that was the plan. That he would do the Giro instead. But after performing very will in the late spring they changed their minds and pulled him out of the Giro lineup cos they wanted him in the Tour
User avatar Cimber

24 May 2013 23:10

I'd be disapointed if Mørkøv didn't get a spot, providing he has the form. On form he is hugely talented at getting in the right break... :)

Let's not forget that he is an Olympic Medalist in team pursuit, so obviously a clear contender for Yellow in Paris ;)
Le Baroudeur

24 May 2013 23:14

LaFlorecita wrote:Yea, Hannah is really cool :) her enthusiasm is great

And apparently she makes delicious brownies :D All the riders want are brownies apparently

Maybe that explains why some of the riders keep falling of their bikes lately... :D

I'm more envious of her new instant ice cream machine, but at £2,500 it might be a while before I see one in my camper van... :)
Le Baroudeur

24 May 2013 23:26

Le Baroudeur wrote:I'd be disapointed if Mørkøv didn't get a spot, providing he has the form. On form he is hugely talented at getting in the right break... :)

Let's not forget that he is an Olympic Medalist in team pursuit, so obviously a clear contender for Yellow in Paris ;)

Yep, also hoping Morkov get's a spot, I greatly enjoyed him constantly getting into break after break in the 2012 Tour.
Be the Goat

Fabio Aru: "si muore sulla bici"
User avatar Afrank

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing