Register

Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

25 May 2013 17:06

LaFlorecita wrote:
Wtf? :eek: he is married:p

His wife will be ok as long as she got the control over the bank account :rolleyes:

:D
"I know how to ride my bike" - Nibali

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9LBsWCNE9I

Vuelta 06 - the greatest gt in history!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24TQdI7csHs
User avatar Vino attacks everyone

25 May 2013 17:08

Vino attacks everyone wrote:His wife will be ok as long as she got the control over the bank account :rolleyes:

:D

Wtf :D well she agreed to marry him before he was rich so lol :D
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita

25 May 2013 17:30

LaFlorecita wrote:Wtf :D well she agreed to marry him before he was rich so lol :D

And she did not divorce BECAUSE of the money :rolleyes:

:p
"I know how to ride my bike" - Nibali

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9LBsWCNE9I

Vuelta 06 - the greatest gt in history!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24TQdI7csHs
User avatar Vino attacks everyone

25 May 2013 17:34

Vino attacks everyone wrote:And she did not divorce BECAUSE of the money :rolleyes:

:p

Pff :rolleyes: she would be stupid if she did that... thousands of other ladies out there ready to pounce :D she's lucky
User avatar LaFlorecita

25 May 2013 18:10

LaFlorecita wrote:No. Just no.

Yes actually
User avatar Cimber

25 May 2013 18:12

Cimber wrote:Yes actually

what do you mean, yes actually?
User avatar LaFlorecita

25 May 2013 18:16

LaFlorecita wrote:what do you mean, yes actually?

That Vino was spot on. Overall Paulinho would be a better pick but Jesus is Bertie's best bud so hé is in. With him on board they are basically doing a 8 man TTT. Hé is fine in the mountains but thats it.
User avatar Cimber

25 May 2013 18:29

Cimber wrote:That Vino was spot on. Overall Paulinho would be a better pick but Jesus is Bertie's best bud so hé is in. With him on board they are basically doing a 8 man TTT. Hé is fine in the mountains but thats it.

So what? 8 or 9, it's not a big difference. Saxo will lose time anyway, 40 seconds or 45, what does it matter.

Besides as I said Jesus will support Alberto unconditionally. And Jesus is a better climber than Paulinho. I believe Jesus is a better pick.
User avatar LaFlorecita

25 May 2013 18:47

LaFlorecita wrote:So what? 8 or 9, it's not a big difference. Saxo will lose time anyway, 40 seconds or 45, what does it matter.

Besides as I said Jesus will support Alberto unconditionally. And Jesus is a better climber than Paulinho. I believe Jesus is a better pick.

It matters alot. And Paulinho will support Bertie unconditionally too. They all will
User avatar Cimber

25 May 2013 18:55

Cimber wrote:It matters alot.

Of course not. If Alberto can't win the tour with Jesus he wouldn't win it with Paulinho either.

Besides Jesus is on the team. That isn't gonna change. So the question is would Alberto want another climber (Paulinho) or a strong guy for on the flat (Morkov, Tosatto, Bennati, Noval :o). I guess the latter would be the smartest. 2 domestiques for the flat stages isn't gonna do the trick.

And Paulinho will support Bertie unconditionally too. They all will

I doubt it.
User avatar LaFlorecita

25 May 2013 19:00

LaFlorecita wrote:Check Hoggie's posts about Alberto in the di luca thread in clinic. pretty awesome.

I've always said Berto was poetry in motion on the bike :)

This was especially interesting:
'The only criticism is he pulls his head to the left on big efforts. But that may more due to his brain injury than anything.'

That left tilt is his tell, wonder if it is really due to the brain injury. Interesting theory!
Carol S.
~~~~
Alberto Contador: "And yes, it is true that for me it's the same to finish second or 10th."

Vincezo Nibali joins Anquetil, Gimondi, Merckx, Hinault and Contador as only the 6th winner of all 3 Grand Tours! Bravo Lo Squalo!
Carols

25 May 2013 19:21

LaFlorecita wrote:Of course not. If Alberto can't win the tour with Jesus he wouldn't win it with Paulinho either.

Besides Jesus is on the team. That isn't gonna change. So the question is would Alberto want another climber (Paulinho) or a strong guy for on the flat (Morkov, Tosatto, Bennati, Noval :o). I guess the latter would be the smartest. 2 domestiques for the flat stages isn't gonna do the trick.

I doubt it.

Of course hé is on the team. This is a theoretical discussion about what would best. Personally I think both will be on the team
User avatar Cimber

25 May 2013 19:26

I'm not that into theoretical discussions :)
User avatar LaFlorecita

25 May 2013 19:35

Carols wrote:I've always said Berto was poetry in motion on the bike :)

This was especially interesting:
'The only criticism is he pulls his head to the left on big efforts. But that may more due to his brain injury than anything.'

That left tilt is his tell, wonder if it is really due to the brain injury. Interesting theory!

I can't see how a brain injury could cause one's head to tilt to one side so I guess it's just BS from Hog
User avatar LaFlorecita

25 May 2013 19:38

LaFlorecita wrote:Check Hoggie's posts about Alberto in the di luca thread in clinic. pretty awesome.

Quoting the hog for truth is like quoting airstream. The posts are only ever designed to troll somebody.
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago

journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch

25 May 2013 19:41

I just stepped in here to say I like the Pistol shot celebration!:D he is a bad boy and it fits him hehehe... attack on the arcalis - pow, pow...

and yes, Contador is poetry in motion on his best form!
User avatar contessador

25 May 2013 19:49

The pistol is lame as is his nickname and Alberto is defo not a bad boy
User avatar LaFlorecita

25 May 2013 19:50

LaFlorecita wrote:The pistol is lame as is his nickname and Alberto is defo not a bad boy

Would you prefer the nick they gave him in the Giro '12 route presentation?
Cancellara is like The Black Album. Really good but way overrated.
User avatar Netserk

25 May 2013 19:51

LaFlorecita wrote:I can't see how a brain injury could cause one's head to tilt to one side so I guess it's just BS from Hog

It would certainly seem very possible to me that a brain injury could cause something like that. My mom had a stroke and there were apparent deficiencies that showed up when she was tired based on the area of her brain that was affected by the stroke. Under normal physical activity she was fine, put when reaching the limit of her endurance the tell, tilting head became evident and I would know it was time to stop.

Doesn't sound like Hogwash to me :)
Carol S.
~~~~
Alberto Contador: "And yes, it is true that for me it's the same to finish second or 10th."

Vincezo Nibali joins Anquetil, Gimondi, Merckx, Hinault and Contador as only the 6th winner of all 3 Grand Tours! Bravo Lo Squalo!
Carols

25 May 2013 19:54

Netserk wrote:Would you prefer the nick they gave him in the Giro '12 route presentation?

I don't remember that nickname.so I guess it didn't really make much of an impression. :)
User avatar LaFlorecita

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing