Register

Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

27 May 2013 07:41

airstream wrote:Hm, are there so many options? I just find it more profitable than Vuelta numerous attacks.

You make sense. Doing it 30 times is not the key.

Some interesting thing, the stage of gap (tour 2011, last 50 km is exactly the same) will be in this tour. If it rains it'll be something else :cool:

thehog wrote:JV if you truly wish to save cycling.

Do something.

You know it's not real.

Your Garmin guys are getting killed.
User avatar Miburo

27 May 2013 07:53

Miburo wrote:You make sense. Doing it 30 times is not the key.

Some interesting thing, the stage of gap (tour 2011, last 50 km is exactly the same) will be in this tour. If it rains it'll be something else :cool:

Really? I thought you dropped this variant after Les Diablerets. :p
User avatar airstream

27 May 2013 08:38

airstream wrote:I'm wondering what tactics Contador will choose. To attack 20 times like in the Vuelta is senseless. In this case Froome will punish him cruelly. Seemingly Contador is gonna bet or 1-2 concrete days. Honestly, I don't expect him to jump in feet first at Ax-3.

Sure if he is not a kamikaze..

Ye if he has to attack 50 times its cos he doesnt have it. In the good old days he only needed to attack 1-2 times and he was off. If that doesnt succeed I dont hope he will panic and keep wasting energy attacking over and over. He needs to attack less, but make it count when he does.
User avatar Cimber

27 May 2013 12:47

airstream wrote:I'm wondering what tactics Contador will choose. To attack 20 times like in the Vuelta is senseless. In this case Froome will punish him cruelly. Seemingly Contador is gonna bet or 1-2 concrete days. Honestly, I don't expect him to jump in feet first at Ax-3.

Sure if he is not a kamikaze..

All his attacks, the numerous variations in speed was what worn Froome down, so yet again, you are wrong.
User avatar xrayvision

27 May 2013 12:49

xrayvision wrote:All his attacks, the numerous variations in speed was what worn Froome down, so yet again, you are wrong.

What a ridiculous statement :o

Froome was just not good anymore in the vuelta. Contador his numerous attacks had nothing to do with that.

Do something.

You know it's not real.

User avatar Miburo

27 May 2013 12:53

Miburo wrote:What a ridiculous statement :o

Froome was just not good anymore in the vuelta. Contador his numerous attacks had nothing to do with that.

oh really? I guess that goes for Purito to the and the entire Katusha team?
Have you ever riding a bike? Thought so!! :rolleyes:
User avatar xrayvision

27 May 2013 13:02

xrayvision wrote:All his attacks, the numerous variations in speed was what worn Froome down, so yet again, you are wrong.

avatar bet on who will attack at Ax-3 earlier?

Miburo is right. Froome wouldn't have won the Vuelta regardless opponents.
User avatar airstream

27 May 2013 13:09

Then you have nothing to worry about. Froome is not a Contador rival etall. Purito, Alex and Quintana are.
User avatar airstream

27 May 2013 13:12

airstream wrote:avatar bet on who will attack at Ax-3 earlier?

Miburo is right. Froome wouldn't have won the Vuelta regardless opponents.

Opinions varies, and thank God for that. It´s always funny to listen to opinions from people who actually never been part of the sport or have even competed in it.
User avatar xrayvision

27 May 2013 13:14

xrayvision wrote:Opinions varies, and thank God for that. It´s always funny to listen to opinions from people who actually never been part of the sport or have even competed in it.

It's always funny when people have to resort to this when trying to make a point :o
Cyivel

27 May 2013 13:17

xrayvision wrote:Opinions varies, and thank God for that. It´s always funny to listen to opinions from people who actually never been part of the sport or have even competed in it.

What level have you ridden on?
User avatar airstream

27 May 2013 13:17

xrayvision wrote:oh really? I guess that goes for Purito to the and the entire Katusha team?
Have you ever riding a bike? Thought so!! :rolleyes:

Of course you go to ad hominem.

In most stages at the end of the vuelta Froome already dropped before Contador even really attacked.

Purito lost the vuelta cause he had a pretty bad day and cause Contador did a good move. Not cause Contador attacked 20 times, that was one well planned attack in the stage. And according to purito he could have followed him but he preferred not to.

And katusha team just sucked, besides moreno.

Do something.

You know it's not real.

User avatar Miburo

27 May 2013 13:18

Cyivel wrote:It's always funny when people have to resort to this when trying to make a point :o

It shows how weak their argument is.

Do something.

You know it's not real.

User avatar Miburo

27 May 2013 14:47

airstream wrote:What level have you ridden on?

Airstream,you should go to your little Schleck now that he at least gained a little of a form after Tour of California.
calinmarian

27 May 2013 15:45

Miburo wrote:Of course you go to ad hominem.

In most stages at the end of the vuelta Froome already dropped before Contador even really attacked.

Purito lost the vuelta cause he had a pretty bad day and cause Contador did a good move. Not cause Contador attacked 20 times, that was one well planned attack in the stage. And according to purito he could have followed him but he preferred not to.

And katusha team just sucked, besides moreno.

Getting back to the topic of attacks, I'd say this is what Contador has to do. 20 some attacks will be pointless and at best will maybe only drop off a couple Skyborgs early. He needs to be attentive and time his attacks well. Now, he shouldn't try to attack just once in the whole stage. But he should make sure that when he does attack to make them really count. And make sure it is done at the right moment.
Be the Goat

Fabio Aru: "si muore sulla bici"
User avatar Afrank

27 May 2013 17:04

Afrank wrote:Getting back to the topic of attacks, I'd say this is what Contador has to do. 20 some attacks will be pointless and at best will maybe only drop off a couple Skyborgs early. He needs to be attentive and time his attacks well. Now, he shouldn't try to attack just once in the whole stage. But he should make sure that when he does attack to make them really count. And make sure it is done at the right moment.

I hope he can do it this way,but still its all about legs and mental strenght:cool:
Alberto Contador fanboy
Proud Participant of a Thrilling Foxxy's GGTG 2014-15
User avatar ILovecycling

27 May 2013 18:01

LaFlorecita wrote:You have no idea how happy that picture makes me :D

He certainly seems to have lost a lot of weight, hopefully the legal way ;)

Big fan of Nicki's disheveled look, huh?

:p

And, yeah, seeing bulky Berto and now skinny Berto, June/July is looking more hopeful than it did a couple months ago. Hopefully Bjarne has a plan.
Beech Mtn

27 May 2013 18:10

Attacking 20 times is fraught with nothing but self neutralazing. You tend to underrate an effort he put into even 1 attack.
User avatar airstream

28 May 2013 00:22

I don't mind seeing contador attacks 20x. In fact let him attack until he falls off his bike. I would rather seeing him attacking rather than watching the entire mountain stage dominating with people hanging dear life onto sky express then wait until 500m to sprint to the finish line.:D * disclaimer: this is simply for pure entertainment. who cares about tactic. none of us riding for saxo anyway*
User avatar Jelantik

28 May 2013 04:26

Jelantik wrote:I don't mind seeing contador attacks 20x. In fact let him attack until he falls off his bike. I would rather seeing him attacking rather than watching the entire mountain stage dominating with people hanging dear life onto sky express then wait until 500m to sprint to the finish line.:D * disclaimer: this is simply for pure entertainment. who cares about tactic. none of us riding for saxo anyway*

Shut up!!!

Do something.

You know it's not real.

User avatar Miburo

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing