Register

Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

28 May 2013 05:25

Jelantik wrote:I don't mind seeing contador attacks 20x. In fact let him attack until he falls off his bike. I would rather seeing him attacking rather than watching the entire mountain stage dominating with people hanging dear life onto sky express then wait until 500m to sprint to the finish line.:D * disclaimer: this is simply for pure entertainment. who cares about tactic. none of us riding for saxo anyway*

Are you joking? As soon as Froome feels Contador is not good enough to attack he will start squashing himself
User avatar airstream

28 May 2013 05:29

airstream wrote:Are you joking? As soon as Froome feels Contador is not good enough to attack he will start squashing himself

Why would he be joking? He's not saying what would be best, he's saying what he would most like to see. And I agree.
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita

28 May 2013 05:52

LaFlorecita wrote:Why would he be joking? He's not saying what would be best, he's saying what he would most like to see. And I agree.

Froome is a rider with a strong attacking nature. Sure he can lose Tour easily, but he won't ride it defensively, 100%.
User avatar airstream

28 May 2013 07:09

airstream wrote:Froome is a rider with a strong attacking nature. Sure he can lose Tour easily, but he won't ride it defensively, 100%.

I agree with you,imo Froome will attack first on Ax3 - imo on the bottom slopes,5-6k to finish,if they ride hard on Pailhares.:rolleyes:
Alberto Contador fanboy
Vamos Colombia!
Ryo Hazuki in August 2013 wrote:what? quintana is already better climber than froome. see final stages of the tour and he's only 23. quintana is the best climber I've sene since pantani. he will become a legend
User avatar ILovecycling

28 May 2013 07:34

ILovecycling wrote:I agree with you,imo Froome will attack first on Ax3 - imo on the bottom slopes,5-6k to finish,if they ride hard on Pailhares.:rolleyes:

I hope for action already on Pailhares.
User avatar Cimber

28 May 2013 10:18

airstream wrote:Froome is a rider with a strong attacking nature. Sure he can lose Tour easily, but he won't ride it defensively, 100%.

What is this airstream? Did you stop trolling or do you want to make us think that for the upcoming troll? ;)

Anyway you're right. Froome loves to attack. Tour 2012 proves that.
thehog wrote:JV if you truly wish to save cycling.

Do something.

You know it's not real.

Your Garmin guys are getting killed.
User avatar Miburo

28 May 2013 10:19

Contador vs Froome - Who will win the 2013 Tour de France
(Saxo Capital Markets)

The Principal Sheep

28 May 2013 10:42

The Principal Sheep wrote:Contador vs Froome - Who will win the 2013 Tour de France
(Saxo Capital Markets)

So according to this link Froome was second in the vuelta of 2011 behind Cobo and Contador won the vuelta of 2011 :o

Btw his tour 2010 and giro 2011 wins have to be mentioned if you do a versus.

Do something.

You know it's not real.

User avatar Miburo

28 May 2013 10:50

Miburo wrote:So according to this link Froome was second in the vuelta of 2011 behind Cobo and Contador won the vuelta of 2011 :o

Btw his tour 2010 and giro 2011 wins have to be mentioned if you do a versus.

Yeah,its pretty ****ed:D:o
Alberto Contador fanboy
Vamos Colombia!
Ryo Hazuki in August 2013 wrote:what? quintana is already better climber than froome. see final stages of the tour and he's only 23. quintana is the best climber I've sene since pantani. he will become a legend
User avatar ILovecycling

28 May 2013 10:54

Cimber wrote:I hope for action already on Pailhares.

It depends on what you call 'action'.Imo its first mountain stage,so attacks from GC favourites arent expected on Pailhares.But it would be nice if for example Nairo &Roche/Kreuziger attacks, then Sky has to chase hard:cool::D
Alberto Contador fanboy
Vamos Colombia!
User avatar ILovecycling

28 May 2013 11:54

Miburo wrote:What is this airstream? Did you stop trolling or do you want to make us think that for the upcoming troll? ;)

Anyway you're right. Froome loves to attack. Tour 2012 proves that.

You are utopic in your love to Contador and ability to handle only your own fan ideology. Good luck with Manse. :)
User avatar airstream

28 May 2013 12:14

Nothing will happen on Manse. Nothing at all.
Cancellara is like The Black Album. Really good but way overrated.
User avatar Netserk

28 May 2013 13:23

Netserk wrote:Nothing will happen on Manse. Nothing at all.

I looked up the thread from 2 years ago. This comment sums it up

Dekker_Tifosi wrote:Don't forget it's the 3rd week.

An easy climb can still turn into a massacre.
Remember Giro Macugnana. A very very easy climb (easier than montevergine which had a 20 men sprint), but differences even with the leaders...

Do something.

You know it's not real.

User avatar Miburo

28 May 2013 14:01

Miburo wrote:I looked up the thread from 2 years ago. This comment sums it up

Wanna bet?
Cancellara is like The Black Album. Really good but way overrated.
User avatar Netserk

28 May 2013 14:13

Netserk wrote:Wanna bet?

Go ahead, betting with you is a certain win :p

Do something.

You know it's not real.

User avatar Miburo

28 May 2013 15:42

Miburo wrote:What a ridiculous statement :o

Froome was just not good anymore in the vuelta. Contador his numerous attacks had nothing to do with that.

They certainly didn't make it any easier on Froome either. To say his attacks had nothing to do with it is what's ridiculous. Froome attempting to respond to the attacks had to take a bit out of him and hasten his demise.
"It's a little bit scarey when Contador attacks." Tommie Voeckler
User avatar Angliru

28 May 2013 16:03

Angliru wrote:They certainly didn't make it any easier on Froome either. To say his attacks had nothing to do with it is what's ridiculous. Froome attempting to respond to the attacks had to take a bit out of him and hasten his demise.

Untill jaca Froome didn't go downhill.

His demise started at the stage Valverde won. Froome did all the attacks there. Contador attacked only the last km.

From then on Froome went downhill. His ITT was meh. Next stage was that stage on the 'mur'. Contador followed purito and Froome dropped.

Tell me how did Contador's attacks do any real damage to Froome that really helped his demise?

It was more Froome wasting his energy trying to be aggresive that speeded the process.

Do something.

You know it's not real.

User avatar Miburo

28 May 2013 16:17

Miburo wrote:Of course you go to ad hominem.

In most stages at the end of the vuelta Froome already dropped before Contador even really attacked.

Purito lost the vuelta cause he had a pretty bad day and cause Contador did a good move. Not cause Contador attacked 20 times, that was one well planned attack in the stage. And according to purito he could have followed him but he preferred not to.

And katusha team just sucked, besides moreno.

Froome got dropped course he was tired out, he followed AC the first week, then it derailed slowly due to lack of power, so you don´t think Bertos attacks have any effect what so ever unless he stays away? Try follow a guy like AC that many times, with that kind of acceleration and see what it does to your energy level, if you have any left. Of course Froome had his tour in the legs, b ut it doesn´t change the fact that he was worn out by Bertos numerous attacks, not once did he try to go his own pace, course thats the effect it has on his opponents, they just don´t dare to let him go if they can avoid it and always tries to follow.
Purito could have followed? That´s probably why he spared his effort when Valverde took off, thinking, let them go, I´ll catch them later....

Katusha got tired out as well, mostly be course they had to take controll early in the race and use lot of energy doing so, and the fact it was after a rest day. Perfect tactics from Saxo.
User avatar xrayvision

28 May 2013 16:20

Miburo wrote:It shows how weak their argument is.

User avatar xrayvision

28 May 2013 16:27

airstream wrote:Then you have nothing to worry about. Froome is not a Contador rival etall. Purito, Alex and Quintana are.

Froome had a tour in his legs, you don´t think that had something to do with it?

Point here is, AC did what he had to do, and what he do best, he was lagging race miles, but was fresher, but it doesn´t change the fact it still worn out Froome. In the tour it will be an entirely other matter, it will be a display of team strength first of all. The rest is yet to be seen. Maybe Froome crush AC, who knows, anything can happen, its just humans.
User avatar xrayvision

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing