Register

Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

28 May 2013 16:30

Miburo wrote:Untill jaca Froome didn't go downhill.

His demise started at the stage Valverde won. Froome did all the attacks there. Contador attacked only the last km.

From then on Froome went downhill. His ITT was meh. Next stage was that stage on the 'mur'. Contador followed purito and Froome dropped.

Tell me how did Contador's attacks do any real damage to Froome that really helped his demise?

It was more Froome wasting his energy trying to be aggresive that speeded the process.

oh boy... and you have a crystal ball hidden under your bed right?
User avatar xrayvision

28 May 2013 16:34

Cyivel wrote:It's always funny when people have to resort to this when trying to make a point :o

No it´s actually not, it makes a point.
That anybody with their sound mind can proclaim that Bertos attacks have no effect is just mind blowing, so my argument is right on the spot.
User avatar xrayvision

28 May 2013 17:18

xrayvision wrote:No it´s actually not, it makes a point.
That anybody with their sound mind can proclaim that Bertos attacks have no effect is just mind blowing, so my argument is right on the spot.

Nah it shows insecurity in the point you are making.
Cyivel

28 May 2013 18:28

xrayvision wrote:No it´s actually not, it makes a point.

Contador completely tired himself out on every MTF, and that's just about the only significant effect his attacks have had in big races since La Vuelta last year. His biggest opponents just sit in his wheel, suffering but they're not spending as much energy as Contador himself.
User avatar Pentacycle

28 May 2013 19:18

Pentacycle wrote:Contador completely tired himself out on every MTF, and that's just about the only significant effect his attacks have had in big races since La Vuelta last year. His biggest opponents just sit in his wheel, suffering but they're not spending as much energy as Contador himself.

True. That is why he needs to be patient. He can do his 20+ attacks -- they will break the competition -- but only if they are not overall attacks 1-20 between GC rivals. If his attacks are attacks 10 through 30, I am confident he would be in the driver's seat.

He needs to let others start the fireworks from time to time. Plus he should not always be the first in line in the chasing group. He is always the first to respond to any attack and often brings others with him. He should let them take the reins a bit and sit on at times. He only channels Leipheimer when he doesn't have the legs.
User avatar UpTheRoad

28 May 2013 19:40

Pentacycle wrote:Contador completely tired himself out on every MTF, and that's just about the only significant effect his attacks have had in big races since La Vuelta last year. His biggest opponents just sit in his wheel, suffering but they're not spending as much energy as Contador himself.

The TDF is going to be the first "big" race both will ride since La Vuelta.
User avatar Dedelou

28 May 2013 19:56

Dedelou wrote:The TDF is going to be the first "big" race both will ride since La Vuelta.

Really this is the first Grand Tour Contador has ridden with optimum preparation since Giro 2011. Tour 2011 he was tired from Giro and had stress of Clen case, and Vuelta last year he started with virtually no racing miles. Hopefully he will surprise us all with his form :)
User avatar Contadoraus Schlecks

29 May 2013 03:34

Cyivel wrote:Nah it shows insecurity in the point you are making.

Jesus!! You have a point? How about an argument? oh wait...
User avatar xrayvision

29 May 2013 03:38

It´s probably why he won the Vuelta, rode away from everybody, had energy to keep attacking, course he were the most tired rider, and they couldn´t catch up with him... yes, that must be it! :rolleyes:
User avatar xrayvision

29 May 2013 08:41

User avatar Parrulo

29 May 2013 09:36

Thanks for the article.I think he is right,if he has good legs he doesnt have to worry anyone.but to be honest I dont think it will be the case in July.He will have to fight very hard.

btw.I was pretty surprised with this,so I hope it will be snowing at Tour:D

"El calor no es que me guste especialmente, lo llevo muy bien, aunque quizá me favorece más el frío, creo que me afecta menos que a otros corredores y marca un poco la diferencia a mí favor. Sí que me gustaría que hiciera un poco más de calor por el tema de la alergia que yo creo que va a ser un año brutal", añadió.
Alberto Contador fanboy
User avatar ILovecycling

29 May 2013 09:44

ILovecycling wrote:Thanks for the article.I think he is right,if he has good legs he doesnt have to worry anyone.but to be honest I dont think it will be the case in July.He will have to fight very hard.

"El calor no es que me guste especialmente, lo llevo muy bien, aunque quizá me favorece más el frío, creo que me afecta menos que a otros corredores y marca un poco la diferencia a mí favor. Sí que me gustaría que hiciera un poco más de calor por el tema de la alergia que yo creo que va a ser un año brutal", añadió.

In the spring Froome and Porte seemed to handle the cold better than Contador
User avatar Cimber

29 May 2013 09:51

Cimber wrote:In the spring Froome and Porte seemed to handle the cold better than Contador

Alergy and illness i think
Alberto Contador fanboy
User avatar ILovecycling

29 May 2013 10:18

ILovecycling wrote:Alergy and illness i think

Well the illness was due to the cold ;)
User avatar Cimber

29 May 2013 10:48

Contador is talking sh!t? :D

He only would do that if he can back it up (so i hope).
thehog wrote:JV if you truly wish to save cycling.

Do something.

You know it's not real.

Your Garmin guys are getting killed.
User avatar Miburo

29 May 2013 12:14

This is precisely what I hoped he would say. July should be fun!
"The truth is when I race, it's 100% me" Alberto Contador

"I have no intention of being a conformist in this race. Not in the slightest" Alberto Contador

"We should all have more cake. Who doesn’t like cake?" Oleg Tinkov
User avatar Publicus

29 May 2013 12:19

ILovecycling wrote:Thanks for the article.I think he is right,if he has good legs he doesnt have to worry anyone.but to be honest I dont think it will be the case in July.He will have to fight very hard.

this is a tour that at no point goes above 2000m
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago

journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch

29 May 2013 12:20

I was a little surprised by it too. He seems to do well in the heat; though I guess if we think about his pre-suspension late winter (think February-March), he would always do well and then stop racing when spring was in full bloom (April)
"The truth is when I race, it's 100% me" Alberto Contador

"I have no intention of being a conformist in this race. Not in the slightest" Alberto Contador

"We should all have more cake. Who doesn’t like cake?" Oleg Tinkov
User avatar Publicus

29 May 2013 12:24

The Hitch wrote:this is a tour that at no point goes above 2000m

It does. Once.
Cancellara is like The Black Album. Really good but way overrated.
User avatar Netserk

29 May 2013 13:13

Cimber wrote:Well the illness was due to the cold ;)

Thats true:D

The Hitch wrote:this is a tour that at no point goes above 2000m

With this years european weather everything is possible:cool:
Alberto Contador fanboy
User avatar ILovecycling

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing