Log in:  

Register

Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

02 Jun 2013 09:45

Yes I am bad luck :D
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita
Senior Member
 
Posts: 18,837
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

02 Jun 2013 10:32

LaFlorecita wrote:"It's too early for me to tell in what condition I am right now. There's still one month to go to the start of the Tour de France and the third week will be very difficult."

Sounds like he is not confident at all..


This actually sounds more like the usual Contador. His usual 'don't expect too much' talk.
Dutchsmurf
Junior Member
 
Posts: 878
Joined: 05 Jul 2010 19:49

02 Jun 2013 10:47

velo-club.net seems sure about this being Saxo-Tinkoffs team for the tour.
http://www.velo-club.net/article?sid=72167

I'm not sure though. In the past, Bjarne has always waited until after Tour de Suisse before picking his nine riders for the tour
User avatar BRCYC11
Junior Member
 
Posts: 52
Joined: 20 Sep 2011 10:23

02 Jun 2013 10:49

BRCYC11 wrote:velo-club.net seems sure about this being Saxo-Tinkoffs team for the tour.
http://www.velo-club.net/article?sid=72167

I'm not sure though. In the past, Bjarne has always waited until after Tour de Suisse before picking his nine riders for the tour


Post the names next time too ;)

Saxo-Tinkoff pour le Tour de France : Alberto Contador, Nicolas Roche, Roman Kreuziger, Michael Rogers, Nicki Sorensen Chris Anker Sorensen, Jesus Hernandez, Benjamin Noval et Sergio Paulinho.

Noval :o

I doubt this is 100% legit. They even missed out Roche on the list.
thehog wrote:JV if you truly wish to save cycling.

Do something.

You know it's not real.

Your Garmin guys are getting killed.
User avatar Miburo
Senior Member
 
Posts: 5,351
Joined: 29 Jul 2012 19:33

02 Jun 2013 11:10

Miburo wrote:Post the names next time too ;)

Saxo-Tinkoff pour le Tour de France : Alberto Contador, Nicolas Roche, Roman Kreuziger, Michael Rogers, Nicki Sorensen Chris Anker Sorensen, Jesus Hernandez, Benjamin Noval et Sergio Paulinho.

Noval :o

I doubt this is 100% legit. They even missed out Roche on the list.


Roche is there

But I doubt it, Bennati seems to be in

I much prefer Bennati over Noval :o Just as helpful on the flat and much much better for the ttt
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita
Senior Member
 
Posts: 18,837
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

02 Jun 2013 11:12

Nothing on the saxo site yet so I doubt this is the team Saxo "announced" :o
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita
Senior Member
 
Posts: 18,837
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

02 Jun 2013 11:24

LaFlorecita wrote:Nothing on the saxo site yet so I doubt this is the team Saxo "announced" :o


Yeah,it has to be fake,there is Noval:o
Alberto Contador fanboy
Vamos Colombia!
Ryo Hazuki in August 2013 wrote:what? quintana is already better climber than froome. see final stages of the tour and he's only 23. quintana is the best climber I've sene since pantani. he will become a legend
User avatar ILovecycling
Senior Member
 
Posts: 6,308
Joined: 04 Aug 2010 12:00
Location: Prague

02 Jun 2013 12:03

I think it's the real team.

No doubt that Alberto will be ready for July. I really don't care how he well he rides in Dauphine (as long as it isn't outside of top-10).

It's all about July. :cool:
Cancellara is like The Black Album. Really good but way overrated.
User avatar Netserk
Senior Member
 
Posts: 15,020
Joined: 30 Apr 2011 13:10
Location: Denmark

02 Jun 2013 12:16

Netserk wrote:I think it's the real team.

No doubt that Alberto will be ready for July. I really don't care how he well he rides in Dauphine (as long as it isn't outside of top-10).

It's all about July. :cool:


exactly my opinion bro,except the Tour team (dont think its real)
Alberto Contador fanboy
Vamos Colombia!
Ryo Hazuki in August 2013 wrote:what? quintana is already better climber than froome. see final stages of the tour and he's only 23. quintana is the best climber I've sene since pantani. he will become a legend
User avatar ILovecycling
Senior Member
 
Posts: 6,308
Joined: 04 Aug 2010 12:00
Location: Prague

02 Jun 2013 12:48

ILovecycling wrote:exactly my opinion bro,except the Tour team (dont think its real)


it isnt. It wont be decided till after TdS (or during it)
User avatar Cimber
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,762
Joined: 03 Jan 2011 08:55

02 Jun 2013 13:38

gooner wrote:Don't know what to make of this but Brian Smith just said he has been told Contador is struggling with form. Obviously someone is feeding him this. The training camp mightn't of gone well for him after all if this is to believed. Only today he said the overall for the Dauphhine wasn't a big objective. Maybe he's playing down his chances for this very reason.


sorry for dumb question. But who is smith? unless he knows for fact and not being fed by some one else, it's probably just saxo jedi mind games :D

if hernandez said it, then it will be true or maybe true for reason spreading out saxo jedi mind trick :p
User avatar Jelantik
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,014
Joined: 19 Jul 2010 18:30

02 Jun 2013 13:41

Jelantik wrote:sorry for dumb question. But who is smith? unless he knows for fact and not being fed by some one else, it's probably just saxo jedi mind games :D

if hernandez said it, then it will be true or maybe true for reason spreading out saxo jedi mind trick :p


Hernandez would never tell a british cycling commentator that Alberto's form is poor.

I do not doubt Smith got told Alberto's not in good shape, but it depends by whom
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita
Senior Member
 
Posts: 18,837
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

02 Jun 2013 13:48

LaFlorecita wrote:Hernandez would never tell a british cycling commentator that Alberto's form is poor.

I do not doubt Smith got told Alberto's not in good shape, but it depends by whom


o ha. the commentator. i never paid attention to their name, other than sean kelly
User avatar Jelantik
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,014
Joined: 19 Jul 2010 18:30

02 Jun 2013 14:05

Jelantik wrote:sorry for dumb question. But who is smith? unless he knows for fact and not being fed by some one else, it's probably just saxo jedi mind games :D

if hernandez said it, then it will be true or maybe true for reason spreading out saxo jedi mind trick :p


Former pro WHO is now commentator for British Eurosport. Usually well-informed about the sport, but very well could be sandbagging from Saxo, but on the other hand its not unnormal for COntador to be a tad behind in Dauphine
User avatar Cimber
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,762
Joined: 03 Jan 2011 08:55

02 Jun 2013 14:07

Cimber wrote:Former pro WHO is now commentator for British Eurosport. Usually well-informed about the sport, but very well could be sandbagging from Saxo, but on the other hand its not unnormal for COntador to be a tad behind in Dauphine


"struggling with his form" is not just being a tad behind ;)
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita
Senior Member
 
Posts: 18,837
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

02 Jun 2013 14:09

Saxo DS says a key thing about this race is refining the team work, communication etc.

http://teamsaxotinkoff.com/ny_news.asp?n_id=4047&lang=dk
User avatar Cimber
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,762
Joined: 03 Jan 2011 08:55

02 Jun 2013 14:10

LaFlorecita wrote:"struggling with his form" is not just being a tad behind ;)


Why not? Could be struggling to get the last % right.
User avatar Cimber
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,762
Joined: 03 Jan 2011 08:55

02 Jun 2013 14:16

Cimber wrote:Why not? Could be struggling to get the last % right.


Hmm... to me it sounds like he just can't get into shape... kinda what we've seen this year
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita
Senior Member
 
Posts: 18,837
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

02 Jun 2013 14:19

LaFlorecita wrote:Hmm... to me it sounds like he just can't get into shape... kinda what we've seen this year


Its not like he hasnt been in shape this year. But he has been struggling with that last 5%
User avatar Cimber
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,762
Joined: 03 Jan 2011 08:55

02 Jun 2013 14:38

Cimber wrote:Worrying for any one who wants and interesting Tour. Smith is a guy who is usually well-informed. That said Contador is known to be able to get in form fast.

Anyways hé also writes that Stannard will leave Sky (and as already known Uran)

Hé also indicates that Wiggo's knee injury is BS


There's a shocker! :)
User avatar red_flanders
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,975
Joined: 03 Apr 2009 06:45

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DFA123, Eyeballs Out, Google [Bot], Jspear, Maaaaaaaarten, scrooll07, SeriousSam, W_walker and 37 guests

Back to top