Register

Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

03 Jun 2013 14:50

Truth is nobody knows anything other than the persons involved.
Some people here talk about his age, that things get much harder, and of course they do, but he´s not that old, and far from over the hill.

Both AC and Bjarne knows very well how to prepare up to a grand tour, AC lost quite some weight, no doubt about it, and the tour is still more than 3 weeks away, to make any assumptions about his form at this point, bad or good, will just be speculations. There are some tell signs, and if you ask me, he looks to be on the right track. As he said, the main goal is later, don´t expect an Berto lighting all the fireworks until then.
User avatar xrayvision

03 Jun 2013 14:55

Miburo wrote:And even so there are still 4 weeks to le tour. No worries. This is the guy who won the giro with almost zero preparation.

Trying to beat the Sky armada and the supersonic-Dawg without preparation is like taking a nice trip on the Titanic.

Can't do it on class alone, he needs to pump the wattage. Lol wattage :rolleyes:
" wrote:"It's magnificent to end it like this," he said. "All the big champions like (Laurent) Jalabert and (Richard) Virenque went out on top and I wanted to do the same."?
User avatar Pippo_San

03 Jun 2013 15:51

A nice little video from Berto
Aqui los dejo un pequeño video resumen de la @MarchaContador .Here i give to you a little video about @marchacontador.http://youtu.be/VGUXvWTWfYs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VGUXvWTWfYs#!
User avatar xrayvision

03 Jun 2013 15:52

Pippo_San wrote:Trying to beat the Sky armada and the supersonic-Dawg without preparation is like taking a nice trip on the Titanic.

Can't do it on class alone, he needs to pump the wattage. Lol wattage :rolleyes:

He did it against Ricco ;)
thehog wrote:JV if you truly wish to save cycling.

Do something.

You know it's not real.

Your Garmin guys are getting killed.
User avatar Miburo

03 Jun 2013 18:10

Miburo wrote:He did it against cera ricco ;)

You really want to go down that route i.e. beating cera ricco? and Mods, this is a bait and i am reporting it.
Testing the bounds of reality.
User avatar Zam_Olyas

03 Jun 2013 18:14

Zam_Olyas wrote:You really want to go down that route i.e. beating cera ricco? and Mods, this is a bait and i am reporting it.

Zam you should not complain about baits :D
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita

03 Jun 2013 18:17

Miburo wrote:He did it against Ricco ;)

Yea, but Froome got an insane team + a really strong tt. Ricco had to do everything in the mountains alone (Piepoli was kinda allright I guess)
"I know how to ride my bike" - Nibali

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9LBsWCNE9I

Vuelta 06 - the greatest gt in history!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24TQdI7csHs
Vino attacks everyone

03 Jun 2013 18:18

Steer clear of clinic talk please folks.
User avatar ferryman

03 Jun 2013 18:44

Well if this cheers you up, I can tell you that I just lost the tour to AC by 21 seconds with Nibali. Most important part is perhaps that Froome was over 3 min behind both of us :p

edit: on PCM if you got confused :D
"I know how to ride my bike" - Nibali

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9LBsWCNE9I

Vuelta 06 - the greatest gt in history!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24TQdI7csHs
Vino attacks everyone

03 Jun 2013 20:22

Vino attacks everyone wrote:Well if this cheers you up, I can tell you that I just lost the tour to AC by 21 seconds with Nibali. Most important part is perhaps that Froome was over 3 min behind both of us :p

Now you have three weeks to set up a streaming server and send links to steephill.tv :D
icefire

04 Jun 2013 02:37

Vino attacks everyone wrote:Well if this cheers you up, I can tell you that I just lost the tour to AC by 21 seconds with Nibali. MOst important part is perhpas that Froome was over 3 min behind both of us :p

His team probably didn't take him on a mountain training session on Tenerife. :D
IndianCyclist

04 Jun 2013 13:03

Saxo team is rubbish as for protecting Alberto on flat stages.Really horrible,sometimes there is Mick,but...:o

With this kind of support,it will be very tough for Alberto to beat Froomey.:rolleyes:
Alberto Contador fanboy
Vamos Colombia!
Ryo Hazuki in August 2013 wrote:what? quintana is already better climber than froome. see final stages of the tour and he's only 23. quintana is the best climber I've sene since pantani. he will become a legend
User avatar ILovecycling

04 Jun 2013 13:09

ILovecycling wrote:Saxo team is rubbish as for protecting Alberto on flat stages.Really horrible,sometimes there is Mick,but...:o

With this kind of support,it will be very tough for Alberto to beat Froomey.:rolleyes:

Don't worry there will be matteo and daniele in tdf ;) I hope :eek:
User avatar LaFlorecita

04 Jun 2013 13:23

ILovecycling wrote:Saxo team is rubbish as for protecting Alberto on flat stages.Really horrible,sometimes there is Mick,but...:o

I noticed that too. I suspect part of that is the Contador seems to bounce around the front of peloton quite a bit--always has (think about when he was caught out in the 2009 TdF)--except on the mountain stages. I think the other thing is that this group of guys, unlike Sky, haven't raced together all that much this year (maybe T-A), so they are still learning each other. Or Saxo sucks at keeping him safe.
"The truth is when I race, it's 100% me" Alberto Contador

"I have no intention of being a conformist in this race. Not in the slightest" Alberto Contador

"We should all have more cake. Who doesn’t like cake?" Oleg Tinkov
User avatar Publicus

04 Jun 2013 13:32

Maudiut is again reassuring that Contador is where he has to be before the tour.

Asked about Contadors underachieving spring:

“There is a good explanation. Alberto got sick during Tirreno-Adriatico and after the race he had a fever of 40 degrees in some days. He had only been on his bike for a week, when he arrived at the Tour of Basque – It has a cost. He is not weaker than normally. He is training hard, and his focus is on the tour as his biggest target this year.”

http://ekstrabladet.dk/sport/cykling/article1998349.ece
User avatar BRCYC11

04 Jun 2013 13:33

LaFlorecita wrote:Don't worry there will be matteo and daniele in tdf ;) I hope :eek:

I hope too.:)
Alberto Contador fanboy
Vamos Colombia!
Ryo Hazuki in August 2013 wrote:what? quintana is already better climber than froome. see final stages of the tour and he's only 23. quintana is the best climber I've sene since pantani. he will become a legend
User avatar ILovecycling

04 Jun 2013 13:34

BRCYC11 wrote:Maudiut is again reassuring that Contador is where he has to be before the tour.

“There is a good explanation. Alberto got sick during Tirreno-Adriatico and after the race he had a fever of 40 degrees in some days. He had only been on his bike for a week, when he arrived at the Tour of Basque – It has a cost. He is not weaker than normally. He is training hard, and his focus is on the tour as his biggest target this year.”

We'll see tomorrow what value these words have.

Less than 25 sec on Froome would be REALLY good.
thehog wrote:JV if you truly wish to save cycling.

Do something.

You know it's not real.

Your Garmin guys are getting killed.
User avatar Miburo

04 Jun 2013 13:34

BRCYC11 wrote:Maudiut is again reassuring that Contador is where he has to be before the tour.

Oh God,why did he race then?:eek:
Alberto Contador fanboy
Vamos Colombia!
User avatar ILovecycling

04 Jun 2013 13:36

Miburo wrote:We'll see tomorrow what value these words have.

Less than 25 sec on Froome would be REALLY good.

Indeed.For me good result is under 40s to Froome(still hope someone like Castroviejo will win)
Alberto Contador fanboy
Vamos Colombia!
User avatar ILovecycling

04 Jun 2013 15:04

ILovecycling wrote:Oh God,why did he race then?:eek:

he didn't have it during the race;)
User avatar LaFlorecita

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing