Register

Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

05 Jun 2013 13:00

LaFlorecita wrote:isn't that normal?

For Contador yes. For a lot of others not so much.
User avatar Cimber

05 Jun 2013 13:01

Jelantik wrote:The point is 'communication.. communication.. communication..' His DS said that too. that's all :)

what is the point of communication when your teammates can't keep you on the front

Cimber wrote:For Contador yes. For a lot of others not so much.

I guess he just doesn't want to crash:rolleyes: so he rides to the front when his teammates can't.
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita

05 Jun 2013 13:03

LaFlorecita wrote:what is the point of communication when your teammates can't keep you on the front

I guess he just doesn't want to crash:rolleyes: so he rides to the front when his teammates can't.

That's BS and u know it.
User avatar Cimber

05 Jun 2013 13:08

LaFlorecita wrote:what is the point of communication when your teammates can't keep you on the front

that's what we called "trust issues". i guess we can add that to the list of what contador can improve :D
User avatar Jelantik

05 Jun 2013 13:09

Jelantik wrote:that's what we called "trust issues". i guess we can add that to the list of what contador can improve :D

Yep. That's why he might be better off at a team like Movistar among a lot of Spanish speaking riders.
User avatar Cimber

05 Jun 2013 13:11

Cimber wrote:That's BS and u know it.

hey when I posted something like this yesterday I got an infraction. I wonder what will happen in this case:rolleyes::rolleyes:
User avatar LaFlorecita

05 Jun 2013 13:12

Cimber wrote:That's BS and u know it.

It's not bull****

Jelantik wrote:that's what we called "trust issues". i guess we can add that to the list of what contador can improve :D

Yes he doesn't trust his teammates and rightfully so. If they can't keep him safe they shouldn't be trusted too much.
User avatar LaFlorecita

05 Jun 2013 13:17

LaFlorecita wrote:It's not bull****

Yes he doesn't trust his teammates and rightfully so. If they can't keep him safe they shouldn't be trusted too much.

So no team has ever been able to keep Contador safe on flat stages I guess, cos he has always flickered about, even before the Saxo days.....
User avatar Cimber

05 Jun 2013 13:30

LaFlorecita wrote:Yes he doesn't trust his teammates and rightfully so. If they can't keep him safe they shouldn't be trusted too much.

and that lies Alberto's problem. He won't get teammates as good as him, otherwise they want to ride as a team leader. And if he does get someone even close to his quality, he is uncomfortable. Look at sky. Froome is the strongest and the fastest man in their team. but he can sit patiently behind his teammate. Oman, he sat behind porte and let porte closed down contador attacked. Contador v.2 won't be as dominating as before, his teammate for sure can help shelter him from wind etc. otherwise he might as well ride as 'team one person'
User avatar Jelantik

05 Jun 2013 13:36

Can we stick a fork in AC now after today's embarrassment in the TT? Unless a (clears throat) miracle happens, AC is not going to win the TDF this year.
richwagmn

05 Jun 2013 13:37

Jelantik wrote:and that lies Alberto's problem. He won't get teammates as good as him, otherwise they want to ride as a team leader. And if he does get someone even close to his quality, he is uncomfortable. Look at sky. Froome is the strongest and the fastest man in their team. but he can sit patiently behind his teammate. Oman, he sat behind porte and let porte closed down contador attacked. Contador v.2 won't be as dominating as before, his teammate for sure can help shelter him from wind etc. otherwise he might as well ride as 'team one person'

Team Contador vs. Team Gadret!
"The truth is when I race, it's 100% me" Alberto Contador

"I have no intention of being a conformist in this race. Not in the slightest" Alberto Contador

"We should all have more cake. Who doesn’t like cake?" Oleg Tinkov
User avatar Publicus

05 Jun 2013 13:38

Jelantik wrote:and that lies Alberto's problem. He won't get teammates as good as him, otherwise they want to ride as a team leader. And if he does get someone even close to his quality, he is uncomfortable. Look at sky. Froome is the strongest and the fastest man in their team. but he can sit patiently behind his teammate. Oman, he sat behind porte and let porte closed down contador attacked. Contador v.2 won't be as dominating as before, his teammate for sure can help shelter him from wind etc. otherwise he might as well ride as 'team one person'

You'd think Alberto knows what's best and what works for him..
DominicDecoco

05 Jun 2013 13:39

richwagmn wrote:Can we stick a fork in AC now after today's embarrassment in the TT? Unless a (clears throat) miracle happens, AC is not going to win the TDF this year.

The obese lady is queuing off stage, but I don't think she is quite ready to take the stage just yet. Let's see how he looks in the mountains.
"The truth is when I race, it's 100% me" Alberto Contador

"I have no intention of being a conformist in this race. Not in the slightest" Alberto Contador

"We should all have more cake. Who doesn’t like cake?" Oleg Tinkov
User avatar Publicus

05 Jun 2013 13:40

richwagmn wrote:Can we stick a fork in AC now after today's embarrassment in the TT? Unless a (clears throat) miracle happens, AC is not going to win the TDF this year.

I give him one more day, if he sucks tomorrow it's over.

Who am i kidding? i'll keep having faith until Ax 3, call me a fool.
thehog wrote:JV if you truly wish to save cycling.

Do something.

You know it's not real.

Your Garmin guys are getting killed.
User avatar Miburo

05 Jun 2013 13:43

Cimber wrote:So no team has ever been able to keep Contador safe on flat stages I guess, cos he has always flickered about, even before the Saxo days.....

Yes, I guess so
User avatar LaFlorecita

05 Jun 2013 13:46

I don't see it as a problem, oh well
User avatar LaFlorecita

05 Jun 2013 15:03

Oh ye of little faith ...
Carstenbf

05 Jun 2013 15:09

LaFlorecita wrote:I don't see it as a problem, oh well

at the moment ACs problem is that to many riders are better than him :p
"I know how to ride my bike" - Nibali

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9LBsWCNE9I

Vuelta 06 - the greatest gt in history!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24TQdI7csHs
User avatar Vino attacks everyone

05 Jun 2013 15:11

Vino attacks everyone wrote:at the moment ACs problem is that to many riders are better than him :p

touche.. LOL
User avatar Jelantik

05 Jun 2013 15:38

I understand the pollen excuse btw.

Today was one of the first really nice days of the spring. Normally I've got the worst allergies in march/april and it's over by june. But now today is one of the worst days I've EVER encountered with pollen allergies..

I'm sneezing the moment i get outside and my eyes are itching/burning constantly.

If Contador really has pollen allergies he must have had a terrible day
BYOP88 wrote:Great to see that Porte has rediscovered his 2010/11 climbing form. Hope he can keep it for the rest of the Tour and year.
User avatar Dekker_Tifosi

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing