Register

Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

05 Jun 2013 23:58

Miburo wrote:The excuses begin. Well if he doesn't win the tour we already know why :o

You posted this on another thread but it seems pretty apt.
I was awarded 'Most Aggressive Rider of the Day', generally given to the most spectacular loser of the day.

― David Millar, Racing Through the Dark
User avatar Don't be late Pedro

06 Jun 2013 00:03

I am going to say it now. I think Contador is done for this year's Tour. It's not happening for him this year and taking the form we have seen right from the start of the season along with Brian Smith's and Robert Millar's comments where a teammate said he was struggling in training, suggests there is not much evidence of an upturn in form in the near future. Now the argument is it's all about the Tour. This was also used after Oman where it was said he would perform in T-A and when it didn't happen there for him it was put off until Pais Vasco and then the Dauphine when he was found wanting there. Just denying the obvious. It's happening too regularly now in one race after the other and on what I have seen so far just inside the top 10 would be about the best result(if he's lucky) he would attain at the Tour.
User avatar gooner

06 Jun 2013 00:17

Taxus4a wrote:I hope help Rogers in Dauphine.

I think I know what you are saying

I hope help Rafal Majka

right?
User avatar Boeing

06 Jun 2013 00:23

Boeing wrote:I think I know what you are saying

I hope help Rafal Majka

right?

Just what i was thinking.
Testing the bounds of reality.
User avatar Zam_Olyas

06 Jun 2013 00:50

gooner wrote:I am going to say it now. I think Contador is done for this year's Tour. It's not happening for him this year and taking the form we have seen right from the start of the season along with Brian Smith's and Robert Millar's comments where a teammate said he was struggling in training, suggests there is not much evidence of an upturn in form in the near future. Now the argument is it's all about the Tour. This was also used after Oman where it was said he would perform in T-A and when it didn't happen there for him it was put off until Pais Vasco and then the Dauphine when he was found wanting there. Just denying the obvious. It's happening too regularly now in one race after the other and on what I have seen so far just inside the top 10 would be about the best result(if he's lucky) he would attain at the Tour.

I'm going to say it too. If he doesn't win it, he'll be in top tree and top 5 worst scenario. Who's his opponent anyway that's flying like Froome besides Porte. Purito isn't stellar either, valverde the same. Evan, he still got some giro leg. Quintana and Tejay? they are still young and non proven 3 weeks contender yet. Hesjedal isn't stellar either with his giro form. Gesink? forget about it. Andy? with TT, and a glimpse here and there, it would until next year to see Andy again.
User avatar Jelantik

06 Jun 2013 01:07

Boeing wrote:I think I know what you are saying

I hope help Rafal Majka

right?

Rogers was podium last year and this is in position to do it again, but he need help

Majka is not riding Dauphiné.
User avatar Taxus4a

06 Jun 2013 01:18

gooner wrote:I am going to say it now. I think Contador is done for this year's Tour. It's not happening for him this year and taking the form we have seen right from the start of the season along with Brian Smith's and Robert Millar's comments where a teammate said he was struggling in training, suggests there is not much evidence of an upturn in form in the near future. Now the argument is it's all about the Tour. This was also used after Oman where it was said he would perform in T-A and when it didn't happen there for him it was put off until Pais Vasco and then the Dauphine when he was found wanting there. Just denying the obvious. It's happening too regularly now in one race after the other and on what I have seen so far just inside the top 10 would be about the best result(if he's lucky) he would attain at the Tour.

That is,He is doing exactly the same year than others, but with less level. He was in Arrate one minute and a half behind himself in 2009, and sucking wheel.
He has always excuses, but always in the road very strong, the happy times for it finished.
Except something strange happen, he is just to be top ten in The Tour, no more, even Rogers could do it better probably, or Kreuziger.
I understand his fans try to think in other way...but...
Valverde was bad today, ok, just 8 second better than Alberto, but with Valverde you dont know, he is maybe here taking easy... but Alberto always taking easy Dauphine did podium. He won Vuelta a andalucia, was ok in Ardennes, he will do Vuelta for sure, is another thing, The same for Purito, but Purito was good for this parcous.
User avatar Taxus4a

06 Jun 2013 01:21

I realise not everyone reads the clinic, so thought this may be relevant to the AC discussion.

Originally Posted by bangnz
I kinda believe his excuse of sinus/hayfeaver.. He kept rubbing his nose in yesterdays ITT

rain today= no pollen in the air = no excuses
but even if he stays with the skytrain today thats proof enough hes doping for you lot right?

I've seen this written a couple of times on this forum and it is incorrect (IMO). Advised by my own MD that rain can actually acerbate allergy problems, particularly if you have sinus problems, which I have.

Everyones different.

http://augustaallergy.wordpress.com/2011/04/25/its-raining-good-or-bad-for-the-sinuses/
The fact is, no one has done more to make doping in sports seem like an evil than Lance Armstrong in his prime, desperately, passionately, ferociously guarding the perception that he was clean.
Gwen Knapp

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/52357070/
User avatar Spider1964

06 Jun 2013 03:43

Spider1964 wrote:I realise not everyone reads the clinic, so thought this may be relevant to the AC discussion.

I've seen this written a couple of times on this forum and it is incorrect (IMO). Advised by my own MD that rain can actually acerbate allergy problems, particularly if you have sinus problems, which I have.

Everyones different.

http://augustaallergy.wordpress.com/2011/04/25/its-raining-good-or-bad-for-the-sinuses/

Well, it´s the clinic, they have their own rules, Scientific facts, makes anything possible to fit in their world view, a lot of sick **** goes on in there, so no worries, the real world knows better. Of course you can have allergy reactions in rainy weather, just depends of which kind you allergic of.
User avatar xrayvision

06 Jun 2013 04:30

Of course you can have allergy reaction in rainy weather, sometimes rain can even make certain things worse, at least that is my personal experience.

I do hope AC get back to his old form, but find it doubtful.
boringboy

06 Jun 2013 05:28

I just had the chance to watch the Highlights....
damn---- I mean------damn!!!!!

WTF is up with Contador??

I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt as far as the Allergies- I myself am currently praying & begging for a drop on the pollen levels, so I can at least get some decent riding again--- thus I understand perfectly what he's going through--but I'm afraid by the time the symptoms disappear, he won't have enough time to build top form towards the Tour....:(

OTOH He looked so "uncomfortable" on the bike- his position was somewhat uncommon to what we've seen in the past-like so crunched/hunched down in a painful way to say the least.....:eek:
Can you imagine what I would do if I could do all I can?
Sun Tzu
User avatar hfer07

06 Jun 2013 07:52

User avatar Cimber

06 Jun 2013 08:21

I couldnt resist. :D I bet 100€ this morning on Alberto for the Tour win.:cool:
Alberto Contador fanboy
Vamos Colombia!
Ryo Hazuki in August 2013 wrote:what? quintana is already better climber than froome. see final stages of the tour and he's only 23. quintana is the best climber I've sene since pantani. he will become a legend
User avatar ILovecycling

06 Jun 2013 08:24

ILovecycling wrote:I couldnt resist. :D I bet 100€ this morning on Alberto for the Tour win.:cool:

Guess you got nice odds today compared to before yesterday?
User avatar Cimber

06 Jun 2013 08:24

Spider1964 wrote:I realise not everyone reads the clinic, so thought this may be relevant to the AC discussion.

Everyones different.

Btw now it seems as if the rain wont come till after the stage is done
User avatar Cimber

06 Jun 2013 08:32

ILovecycling wrote:I couldnt resist. :D I bet 100€ this morning on Alberto for the Tour win.:cool:

Belief costs this sum of money. That's probably more profitable than betting on Froome at 1.4 to 1 or something like that.
User avatar airstream

06 Jun 2013 09:15

Taxus4a wrote:I hope help Rogers in Dauphine.

it had to happen at one moment...
Vino 4ever
User avatar jens_attacks

06 Jun 2013 11:29

Cimber wrote:Guess you got nice odds today compared to before yesterday?

airstream wrote:Belief costs this sum of money. That's probably more profitable than betting on Froome at 1.4 to 1 or something like that.

Yea,odds were great,at 3.9 to 1.:D

[SIZE="1"]Stupid bookmakers[/SIZE]:rolleyes:
Alberto Contador fanboy
Vamos Colombia!
Ryo Hazuki in August 2013 wrote:what? quintana is already better climber than froome. see final stages of the tour and he's only 23. quintana is the best climber I've sene since pantani. he will become a legend
User avatar ILovecycling

06 Jun 2013 12:31

That was absolutely better than expected, going from losing 20s to only 4 in one km
Let us remember what happened on March 16th, 2014

The Hitch wrote:Red Rick. Road Race forum MVP 2014.

The Hitch wrote:#RedRick4RCSRaceDirector.
Red Rick

06 Jun 2013 12:38

Foome just did enough to show everyone who's top dog. It looks like Contador will have a hard time winning back the 5min he's gonna lose in the TTs because Froome is the better climber as well.
User avatar SeriousSam

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing