Register

Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

06 Jun 2013 12:47

SeriousSam wrote:Foome just did enough to show everyone who's top dog. It looks like Contador will have a hard time winning back the 5min he's gonna lose in the TTs because Froome is the better climber as well.

I don't think the differences in the tt's will be that big. I think Contador has more room for improvement than Froome
Let us remember what happened on March 16th, 2014

The Hitch wrote:Red Rick. Road Race forum MVP 2014.

The Hitch wrote:#RedRick4RCSRaceDirector.
Red Rick

06 Jun 2013 12:53

If needed, will Contador work for Rogers in July? I think Rogers would have toped 6-7 last year if he was a leader, and I guess he is about at the same level as last Dauphine.
McLovin

06 Jun 2013 13:03

McLovin wrote:If needed, will Contador work for Rogers in July? I think Rogers would have toped 6-7 last year if he was a leader, and I guess he is about at the same level as last Dauphine.

[img]i1.wp.com/theminorityreport.co/stixblog/files/2012/07/demotivational-posters-quadruple-facepalm.jpg[/img]
Alberto Contador fanboy
Vamos Colombia!
Ryo Hazuki in August 2013 wrote:what? quintana is already better climber than froome. see final stages of the tour and he's only 23. quintana is the best climber I've sene since pantani. he will become a legend
User avatar ILovecycling

06 Jun 2013 13:03

Froome is closer to 100% thatn Contador is, hence Contador has much more room for improvement before the Tour mountains. The only real question is whether or not he will be able to get to 100% in time. If he does he will drop Froome, and not lose alot in the TT, but if he only hits 95% Froome got it.
User avatar Cimber

06 Jun 2013 13:15

Cimber wrote:Froome is closer to 100% thatn Contador is, hence Contador has much more room for improvement before the Tour mountains. The only real question is whether or not he will be able to get to 100% in time. If he does he will drop Froome, and not lose alot in the TT, but if he only hits 95% Froome got it.

I think you are right for the most part. But I really think Contador has some TT issues. Even if he improves he needs to plan ahead of loosing some good time in the TT stages.
User avatar Escarabajo

06 Jun 2013 13:17

Escarabajo wrote:I think you are right for the most part. But I really think Contador has some TT issues. Even if he improves he needs to plan ahead of loosing some good time in the TT stages.

They need to figure out was has happened cos normally he does good TTs. But good part is that both TTs in the Tour arent totally flat, especially the 2nd one.
User avatar Cimber

06 Jun 2013 13:18

Contador will win the second ITT in the Tour. Mark my words :cool:
Cancellara is like The Black Album. Really good but way overrated.
User avatar Netserk

06 Jun 2013 13:21

Netserk wrote:Contador will win the second ITT in the Tour. Mark my words :cool:

What did you say about Contador and the ITT in the tirreno this year?
thehog wrote:JV if you truly wish to save cycling.

Do something.

You know it's not real.

Your Garmin guys are getting killed.
User avatar Miburo

06 Jun 2013 13:22

Miburo wrote:What did you say about Contador and the ITT in the tirreno this year?

I don't know. Why don't you tell me. Or search for a post by me at that time?
User avatar Netserk

06 Jun 2013 13:24

Netserk wrote:I don't know. Why don't you tell me. Or search for a post by me at that time?

Netserk wrote:Contador to podium stage and GC.

Here you go ;)

Do something.

You know it's not real.

User avatar Miburo

06 Jun 2013 13:25

McLovin wrote:If needed, will Contador work for Rogers in July? I think Rogers would have toped 6-7 last year if he was a leader, and I guess he is about at the same level as last Dauphine.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha :p
"The truth is when I race, it's 100% me" Alberto Contador

"I have no intention of being a conformist in this race. Not in the slightest" Alberto Contador

"We should all have more cake. Who doesn’t like cake?" Oleg Tinkov
User avatar Publicus

06 Jun 2013 13:38

I would say contador today is B. At least he still did what he likes to do: attack. He could have just stayed with sky express, but what's the use for that? if he wanted to test, then he should attack and see if it sticks. So it's not a bad sign, sure he is struggling with his form. There's only two way it will happen, go upward or plateau. For someone who looked like he was done yesterday, he wasn't look so rubbish like yesterday. If he finished like Purito today, then yes, his TDF chance would be game over.

One thing though, I haven't heard a peep, Contador saying about: " my sensation', or I feel 'good sensation', etc. So clearly, he is still finding his form for sure.

On the other hand, TST with rodgers and jesus, was a treat for a sore eye. Looks like if Rodgers got his 'sky mantra down to his notebook', he could ride tempo with them without blowing himself, he could possibly be in the podium.
User avatar Jelantik

06 Jun 2013 13:47

I was very pleased with today's performance, okay he wasn't great but he was way better than yesterday. Also happy to see Rogers in good form and Jesus! of course
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita

06 Jun 2013 13:51

Miburo wrote:Here you go ;)

I got one of them right ;)
User avatar Netserk

06 Jun 2013 13:56

With around 6 km to go I observed Contador grimacing and even leaving small gaps to the guy in front of him, it looked as if he were absolutely suffering. Yet he somehow managed to get 2nd. Goes to show what a fighter he is.

Hopefully we'll get rain for the next mountain stage so we can see how his form really is like when you remove allergies from the equation.
maltiv

06 Jun 2013 14:03

AC looked ok today, if his tt is anything to go by (+ allergies ofc) he should still be able to improve
"I know how to ride my bike" - Nibali

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9LBsWCNE9I

Vuelta 06 - the greatest gt in history!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24TQdI7csHs
Vino attacks everyone

06 Jun 2013 14:51

3 tdf 2 giro 2 vuelta sounds so much better than 2tdf 1 giro 2 vuelta

the first is history books material perhaps, the second is a good gc racer

I wonder will Alberto go down as the unluckiest cyclist ever:p
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita

06 Jun 2013 14:58

Netserk wrote:I got one of them right ;)

true that although it was close.

maltiv wrote:With around 6 km to go I observed Contador grimacing and even leaving small gaps to the guy in front of him, it looked as if he were absolutely suffering. Yet he somehow managed to get 2nd. Goes to show what a fighter he is.

Hopefully we'll get rain for the next mountain stage so we can see how his form really is like when you remove allergies from the equation.

Yea i also saw that, i think he's one of the best at being able to suffer. No one has ever challenged him topform, makes me think how he would be when someone can challenge him then.

Do something.

You know it's not real.

User avatar Miburo

06 Jun 2013 14:59

Lol, if matter how Froome wins the Tour regardless the advantage 10 sec / 10 min, the thread will be fullfilled by cue 'Sadly, Alberto could not use his roome to improve..." Who interferes him?
User avatar airstream

06 Jun 2013 15:03

the good thing is that an almost 100% froome could put only 4 seconds on an almost dead Alberto Contador.

:D
User avatar ThirdWorld

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing