Register

Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

06 Jun 2013 15:06

airstream wrote:Lol, if matter how Froome wins the Tour regardless the advantage 10 sec / 10 min, the thread will be fullfilled by cue 'Sadly, Alberto could not use his roome to improve..." Who interferes him?

Wtf is this supposed to mean
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita

06 Jun 2013 15:11

LaFlorecita wrote:Wtf is this supposed to mean

It means that logically in terms of racing aspects Contador has nothing but his winning experience to compete against Froome. This season he has all the possibilities to race what he wants, how he wants, prepare the way he needs for july. And all that with the same result in comparison. First that was allegedly excessive weigtht, then Sky train didn't let smash him everyone, then sickness, now so called allergy while the sportsmen recovers on the next day...Even fans have one argument lest - that notorious far-fetched statement like 'when he's at 100%, no one can follow him'.
User avatar airstream

06 Jun 2013 15:13

airstream wrote:It means that logically in terms of racing aspects Contador has nothing but his winning experience to compete against Froome. This season he has all the possibilities to race what he wants, how he wants, prepare the way he needs for july. And all that with the same result in comparison. First that was allegedly excessive weigtht, then Sky train didn't let smash him everyone, then sickness, now so called allergy while the sportsmen recovers on the next day...Even fans have one argument lest - that notorious far-fetched statement like 'when he's at 100%, no one can follow him'.

ok [SIZE="1"][color="White"]............[/color][/SIZE]
User avatar LaFlorecita

06 Jun 2013 15:15

I'm not sure anybody should be interfering with him.
Cyivel

06 Jun 2013 15:44

airstream of consciousness babble.
User avatar Moose McKnuckles

06 Jun 2013 15:54

Moose McKnucles dividing the thing on normal and not normal ones based on the criteria of what he likes and dislikes.
User avatar airstream

06 Jun 2013 15:56

airstream wrote:Moose McKnucles dividing the thing on normal and not normal ones based on the criteria of what he likes and dislikes.

pretty funny because Moose doesn't like Alberto anymore. Try again.
User avatar LaFlorecita

06 Jun 2013 15:56

Cyivel wrote:I'm not sure anybody should be interfering with him.

Who? and i agree with Moose.
Testing the bounds of reality.
User avatar Zam_Olyas

06 Jun 2013 15:57

It led one veteran of the European press room to turn to his colleagues and say he had seen enough, and that barring illness, the Tour was already won.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/froome-confirms-tour-favourite-status-at-dauphine

The most annoying thing is that you can't call it idiotic...
thehog wrote:JV if you truly wish to save cycling.

Do something.

You know it's not real.

Your Garmin guys are getting killed.
User avatar Miburo

06 Jun 2013 15:57

LaFlorecita wrote:pretty funny because Moose doesn't like Alberto anymore. Try again.

I didn't imply Alberto at all
User avatar airstream

06 Jun 2013 15:59

Zam_Olyas wrote:Who? and i agree with Moose.

Airstream wanted to know who was going to interfere with Alberto.
Cyivel

06 Jun 2013 16:00

Cyivel wrote:Airstream wanted to know who was going to interfere with Alberto.

Right.. 'Interfere him to be in the shape he wants'
User avatar airstream

06 Jun 2013 16:01

Cyivel wrote:Airstream wanted to know who was going to interfere with Alberto.

:D
Testing the bounds of reality.
User avatar Zam_Olyas

06 Jun 2013 16:03

I also have the pollen allergies and it kicked in today with me. Nose and eyes are annoyed.
thehog wrote:JV if you truly wish to save cycling.

Do something.

You know it's not real.

Your Garmin guys are getting killed.
User avatar Miburo

06 Jun 2013 16:08

airstream wrote:I didn't imply Alberto at all

Moose McKnucles dividing the thing on normal and not normal ones based on the criteria of what he likes and dislikes.

okay well try to make more sense then from now on
User avatar LaFlorecita

06 Jun 2013 16:34

Miburo wrote:
It led one veteran of the European press room to turn to his colleagues and say he had seen enough, and that barring illness, the Tour was already won.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/froome-confirms-tour-favourite-status-at-dauphine

The most annoying thing is that you can't call it idiotic...

Where was that veteran in 1996? :rolleyes:
icefire

06 Jun 2013 16:56

Miburo wrote:I also have the pollen allergies and it kicked in today with me. Nose and eyes are annoyed.

Yeah it suc.ks,I had the same problem yesterday,very very annoying:(
Alberto Contador fanboy
Vamos Colombia!
Ryo Hazuki in August 2013 wrote:what? quintana is already better climber than froome. see final stages of the tour and he's only 23. quintana is the best climber I've sene since pantani. he will become a legend
User avatar ILovecycling

06 Jun 2013 17:19

He was better than I thought today. He was similar to when could not drop Braijkovic.
But there is a difference, today it was a short stage with only a final mountain, ideal for Alberto and today Froome was who attack and take time. So the difference is more than 4 seconds.
I said yesterday I hoped him to help Rogers, but it seem like podium in dauohiné is not important to Saxo, it is more important to show something from Contador or try to get a stage win...well, it os ok, It is a respetable decision, but Andy use to help in the same situation, and I consider that more gentle.
User avatar Taxus4a

06 Jun 2013 17:33

Taxus4a wrote:He was better than I thought today. He was similar to when could not drop Braijkovic.
But there is a difference, today it was a short stage with only a final mountain, ideal for Alberto and today Froome was who attack and take time. So the difference is more than 4 seconds.
I said yesterday I hoped him to help Rogers, but it seem like podium in dauohiné is not important to Saxo, it is more important to show something from Contador or try to get a stage win...well, it os ok, It is a respetable decision, but Andy use to help in the same situation, and I consider that more gentle.

I don't see what Alberto could have done to help Rogers tbh. Rogers is riding the Sky train straight to a podium as it is anyway.

---

Alberto doesn't seem too far off the form he had for the Vuelta last year really (still failing to finish off the last 500m of every stage - he's been doing this post 2009 tbh, its just he used to have a bigger gap going into the final). I think yesterday was a bad day - his position looked bad and his allergies would have effected him. Today at altitude, the allergies have less effect so today is probably a reasonable indication of form. And to those who suggest he was struggling with 6km to go, thats just him in recent years, witness Milano-Torino last year.

As it is he obviously will improve a bit, but I think the anomaly is less to do with Alberto's lack of form, more to do with the fact the Froome is just going very well.
User avatar R0BL4MBT0N

06 Jun 2013 17:35

User avatar bridgeman

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing