Register

Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

07 Jun 2013 17:07

LaFlorecita wrote:Yes I agree, Alberto is awesome

Best climber in the world.

One of the best time trialists in the world.

This year an off-year I am sure.

But still,in July he will be back to kick some dawg ***.

Fixed that for you.:)
[SIZE="2"](I know you dont believe he will win it,but just a little bit of faith has to be in your heart):)[/SIZE]
Alberto Contador fanboy
Vamos Colombia!
Ryo Hazuki in August 2013 wrote:what? quintana is already better climber than froome. see final stages of the tour and he's only 23. quintana is the best climber I've sene since pantani. he will become a legend
User avatar ILovecycling

07 Jun 2013 17:11

In 2009 he had his whole team against him. In 2010 he had a good part of the cycling world against him after chaingate. In 2011 despite facing suspension he destroyed the giro. In 2012 he won the vuelta despite not being the best with a crazy move.

How can i not have believe in this man? Crush the skyborgs in july, show them what it is to face a real climber.

Alien vs Predator, maybe his biggest challenge but isn't that what champions live for?
thehog wrote:JV if you truly wish to save cycling.

Do something.

You know it's not real.

Your Garmin guys are getting killed.
User avatar Miburo

07 Jun 2013 17:16

I wish all Contador fans to take a possible loss with dignity
User avatar airstream

07 Jun 2013 17:17

airstream wrote:I wish all Contador fans to take a possible loss with dignity in the clinic

fixed it for you
thehog wrote:JV if you truly wish to save cycling.

Do something.

You know it's not real.

Your Garmin guys are getting killed.
User avatar Miburo

07 Jun 2013 17:31

Miburo wrote:fixed it for you

you are just a funny kid who is not able to appreciate other riders' effort, talent and results. a lot of negative emotions await you if you won't be able to change your view. gonna suffer from Froome's domination? - go ahead.
User avatar airstream

07 Jun 2013 17:34

airstream wrote:I wish all Contador fans to take a possible loss with dignity

As for me,I will,dont worry.;)
Alberto Contador fanboy
Vamos Colombia!
Ryo Hazuki in August 2013 wrote:what? quintana is already better climber than froome. see final stages of the tour and he's only 23. quintana is the best climber I've sene since pantani. he will become a legend
User avatar ILovecycling

07 Jun 2013 17:57

airstream wrote:you are just a funny kid who is not able to appreciate other riders' effort, talent and results. a lot of negative emotions await you if you won't be able to change your view. gonna suffer from Froome's domination? - go ahead.

Last autumn you wrote the following: "I never liked domninators". Does that mean we can expect you to root for Contador soon and dislike sky/Froome ?
User avatar Cimber

07 Jun 2013 18:00

airstream wrote:I wish all Contador fans to take a possible loss with dignity

It is very apparent by your posting that you have no comprehension of the word 'Dignity', and that you probibly have far more comprehension of the words flamebaiter and troll.
Le Baroudeur

07 Jun 2013 18:01

How people can still quote a post I deleted 5 minutes ago is beyond me.

Get back on topic guys
A race that doesn't give an attacker the chance to finish it off alone is not a race anymore.

Bronze Medal at the Great Grand Tour Game 2012

WARNING: Location says Germany, but I'm Italian...
User avatar Eshnar

07 Jun 2013 18:09

Miburo wrote:In 2009 he had his whole team against him. In 2010 he had a good part of the cycling world against him after chaingate. In 2011 despite facing suspension he destroyed the giro. In 2012 he won the vuelta despite not being the best with a crazy move.

How can i not have believe in this man? Crush the skyborgs in july, show them what it is to face a real climber.

Alien vs Predator, maybe his biggest challenge but isn't that what champions live for?

I have a strong feeling that this tour will once again show that there is more to winning than just condition and physiology, however, I'm still confident the team will have timed the training correctly for the task.

My only slight concern is that the whole team is down on there usual TT abilities again this season. They changed a few things a while back and we haven't really seen any rewards yet.
Le Baroudeur

07 Jun 2013 21:02

Le Baroudeur wrote:I have a strong feeling that this tour will once again show that there is more to winning than just condition and physiology.

The Tour usually doesn't test the tactical side of racing: it's more about pure strength. Now if only they could invent some of that 240km stages the Giro has, with no big climbs but very technical finishing descents and short sharp climbs. This way it's just: don't crash on the flat stages, play it on the TT and defend in the mountain stages. The end.
PS.: I hope you're right though :)
User avatar trevim

07 Jun 2013 23:40

Miburo wrote:In 2009 he had his whole team against him. In 2010 he had a good part of the cycling world against him after chaingate. In 2011 despite facing suspension he destroyed the giro. In 2012 he won the vuelta despite not being the best with a crazy move.

It sound very poetic...

I have seen always another reality with Contador. He was always in the wrong place in the wrong time, according his own words, and he always was riding, till a positive... while has the luck than others riders where affect by OP and he could get a lot of races since young, and with the main oponent, younger.

Who has everybody behind is he, a demostrated lier, and who has all the people againt him is Froome, and has had a very bad luck in his career, for his big potential, he is a very good person and he is seen as a cyborg, or a cheater, or something bad,...

Maybe I see things like this to see it from Spain, at least in forums.. more expert people inside cycling thinks other way, even in Spain...

And Alberto could be a real problem for Froome, it could be fanny, but those stories of bad and good ones...very subjetives.
User avatar Taxus4a

07 Jun 2013 23:47

You have been on the forum long enough now and no longer have any excuses.

Next time you post clinic related stuff on this section of the forum you will be banned.
User avatar Parrulo

08 Jun 2013 05:07

LaFlorecita wrote:Yes I agree, Alberto is awesome

Best climber in the world.

One of the best time trialists in the world.

This year an off-year I am sure.

Next year he will be back to kick some dawg ***.

In your dreams Flo, come on you no im right lol. Na i hope Contador does fly again as it would be a crying shame when he finishes, it will be what ifs as like you say it does not have the same ring to it 2TDF, even if he dint get the TDF took away and he finished with 3 i still think for his talent he should win more if he fails to win another GT.

Imo the guy is a legend yet most GT legends have more than 3 TDF, although most dont have more than multiple GT's at every GT.

If he looses in a real bad way(crushed in the mountains) do you think he should go for the Giro and Vuelta for the last few years.

I think it would be class if he could win another 2 Giro's and 2 Vuelta's that would be 9 in the history books, but 10 in our minds as Giro 11 he ovi won.

Im sorry though Froome is the best how can anyone not like this guy this year he as dominated the best GC rider of the modern era, even Schleck could not do that, Froome is the buissnes end of convo.:D
User avatar TANK91

08 Jun 2013 06:22

Taxus4a wrote:It sound very poetic...

I have seen always another reality with Contador. He was always in the wrong place in the wrong time, according his own words, and he always was riding, till a positive... while has the luck than others riders where affect by OP and he could get a lot of races since young, and with the main oponent, younger.

Who has everybody behind is he, a demostrated lier, and who has all the people againt him is Froome, and has had a very bad luck in his career, for his big potential, he is a very good person and he is seen as a cyborg, or a cheater, or something bad,...

Maybe I see things like this to see it from Spain, at least in forums.. more expert people inside cycling thinks other way, even in Spain...

And Alberto could be a real problem for Froome, it could be fanny, but those stories of bad and good ones...very subjetives.

So no one takes you seriously over there in foro, atleast here people still respond to your thread :P be happy it's the weekend.
Testing the bounds of reality.
User avatar Zam_Olyas

08 Jun 2013 06:26

TANK91 wrote:In your dreams Flo, come on you no im right lol. Na i hope Contador does fly again as it would be a crying shame when he finishes, it will be what ifs as like you say it does not have the same ring to it 2TDF, even if he dint get the TDF took away and he finished with 3 i still think for his talent he should win more if he fails to win another GT.

Imo the guy is a legend yet most GT legends have more than 3 TDF, although most dont have more than multiple GT's at every GT.

If he looses in a real bad way(crushed in the mountains) do you think he should go for the Giro and Vuelta for the last few years.

I think it would be class if he could win another 2 Giro's and 2 Vuelta's that would be 9 in the history books, but 10 in our minds as Giro 11 he ovi won.

Im sorry though Froome is the best how can anyone not like this guy this year he as dominated the best GC rider of the modern era, even Schleck could not do that, Froome is the buissnes end of convo.:D

Look is was a great post until your last sentence. Now I won't even comment on your point because that last sentence makes the whole post ridiculous. That seems to be the pattern with you, more or less valid points mixed with ridiculous troll/fanboy sentences.
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita

08 Jun 2013 06:30

Zam_Olyas wrote:So noone takes you seriously over there in foro, atleast here people still respond to your thread :P be happy it's the weekend.

Yea I don't take him seriously anymore. Constantly "Froome is so much better and more talented omfg he is the best drool drool and Alberto is a *clinic clinic clinic* all his wins are because of *clinic* and froome had so many setbacks and now we see his real potential omg victory for clean cycling".
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita

08 Jun 2013 07:51

LaFlorecita wrote:Yea I don't take him seriously anymore. Constantly "Froome is so much better and more talented omfg he is the best drool drool and Alberto is a *clinic clinic clinic* all his wins are because of *clinic* and froome had so many setbacks and now we see his real potential omg victory for clean cycling".

Wow you call me troll yet im stating facts and you said in a post before Alberto is better alberto this and that, and you call me trolling, wow.

I understand it may seem harsh, but what did i write wrong, im cheering for Froome in the TDF, i want to see him win a GT he as been robbed.

I gave Contador his props he is THE BEST GT RIDER OF HIS ERA, did you not get the message, anyway i give up with you i actually was getting on with most fans of Contador yet im TROLL lol.

I just feel what Froome is doing to Contador as never been done before, if Contador becomes victorious then fine(im not a hater). But dont even reply, all because i wrote the truth huh.
User avatar TANK91

08 Jun 2013 07:57

Contador is yet to beat Froome this year, its unique, yet im trolling. It's not just the GC im on about stage's, how many stages as Contador finished ahead, i can only remember 1, the Tirreno stage Nibali won. So im not trolling im just saying Froome as dominated him. Dominated may seem to strong a word to you though:rolleyes:. I thought what i said was perfectly normal la flo and u bait me for no reason. Ah well.:D
User avatar TANK91

08 Jun 2013 11:16

TANK91 wrote:Contador is yet to beat Froome this year, its unique, yet im trolling. It's not just the GC im on about stage's, how many stages as Contador finished ahead, i can only remember 1, the Tirreno stage Nibali won. So im not trolling im just saying Froome as dominated him. Dominated may seem to strong a word to you though:rolleyes:. I thought what i said was perfectly normal la flo and u bait me for no reason. Ah well.:D

your point is fair enough. You observation was based on Froome performance so far this year. And based on the fact Froome and heck yeah even wiggins, did something that Alberto hasn't done previously; "peak all year long and won every prestigious race they entered." (especially wiggins 2012) But that's about it, at least for now. None of them (true to the case of wiggins) has won GT more than one, and heck, even achieve giro, vuelta, tdf in 15 months.

For me the question about Froome is dominating, is a little subjective. Because it's hard to judge based on how their actually performance are in the race prior to GT. There's always this excuse, too fat, not contest for winning it, prior sickness, not in good form etc. etc. And also vice versa to be said about Froome, he was only 85% either. If the comparison is drawn during GT race, then there's no whada, couldda, shouldda unless it's sickness or crashing out. That's what they train for and their major goal anyway.

For now, yes, based on one week races, Froome is dominating. Because so far that's what he achieved. I don't think everyone would put a stamp on Froome as dominating, if he can't win what matter the most: TDF. He is on his way and closer than contador's chance for sure. But none of his win is a guarantee either, it's just "his change to win" is close to 100% more likely with how he performs so far. 10 years from now, everyone only remembers how many GT indurain, hinault and the rest of the cycling pantheon have achieved. just my IMO.
User avatar Jelantik

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing