Log in:  

Register

Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

08 Jun 2013 11:50

Tank91 what you seem to ignore is that Alberto is nowhere near his best this year. You say Froome is awesome and a BOSS because he dominates Alberto (it has never been done before) Trust me, if Alberto was even near his best form Froome wouldn't be bossing anyone.
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita
Senior Member
 
Posts: 19,618
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

08 Jun 2013 11:51

TANK91 wrote:Wow you call me troll yet im stating facts and you said in a post before Alberto is better alberto this and that, and you call me trolling, wow.

I understand it may seem harsh, but what did i write wrong, im cheering for Froome in the TDF, i want to see him win a GT he as been robbed.

I gave Contador his props he is THE BEST GT RIDER OF HIS ERA, did you not get the message, anyway i give up with you i actually was getting on with most fans of Contador yet im TROLL lol.

I just feel what Froome is doing to Contador as never been done before, if Contador becomes victorious then fine(im not a hater). But dont even reply, all because i wrote the truth huh.


Lol don't be ridiculous, you only did that to make Froome's winning streak even better.
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita
Senior Member
 
Posts: 19,618
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

08 Jun 2013 11:57

LaFlorecita wrote:Lol don't be ridiculous, you only did that to make Froome's winning streak even better.


Good one :D:D
Alberto Contador fanboy
Vamos Colombia!
Ryo Hazuki in August 2013 wrote:what? quintana is already better climber than froome. see final stages of the tour and he's only 23. quintana is the best climber I've sene since pantani. he will become a legend
User avatar ILovecycling
Senior Member
 
Posts: 6,941
Joined: 04 Aug 2010 12:00
Location: Prague

08 Jun 2013 12:04

LaFlorecita wrote:Tank91 what you seem to ignore is that Alberto is nowhere near his best this year. You say Froome is awesome and a BOSS because he dominates Alberto (it has never been done before) Trust me, if Alberto was even near his best form Froome wouldn't be bossing anyone.


I know im not trolling its just suprising aint it, like you say Contador is not at his best,does that make Froome worst, i dont think so. I got into Cycling in 05 and My fav GC rider was Basso against Lance. Im obviously going to support Froome, but you dont see me chearing like a fanboy.

So it's not like im just jumping on the bandwagon of Froome, you supported Contador because he was a class act uphill, also attacked and was a fighter, is that correct? So you cant blame me for really rooting for him, i like him alot i know their is???? but since 11 he as been winning stages and he is not suspicious.

I just respect how good Froome is, to be beating Alberto it is unique(i know you love Berto so you sad) even if as you say he is not as good, Froome is still very strong, and we have not seen the best of him imho, im sure you'd agree we have not seen Froome really unleashed yet, so we dont really no.

What would be great is Alberto to be leading bye 2mins before the mountains and then we can see them mano mano uphill:D. I just dont want you thinking im a troll because im not. It's just you seem to bite at one sentance that you dont like to hear imo, you agreed with most and then took the 1 sentance that i said was mildly wrong. Anyway sorry for the long post but i dint ment to offend you:D.
User avatar TANK91
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,525
Joined: 09 Mar 2013 21:11

08 Jun 2013 12:15

@i love cycling i dont no how you agree, i did not knock Contador:(. Maybe in my tone dominating may mean a stronger term what i meant too say throughout Cycling in Contador's carear, their was only Schleck who was even in the conversation, Yet he sucked at ITT.

Now for the first time so far in his carear he is getting beat(not in the tdf yet) bye a rider who is percieved as stronger in both disciplines, what am i meant too say, Jelantik(hope i spelt your name right) could see some points i said was true and dint call me a troll.

I am surely also praising Contador bye saying it is unique for him to get beat( which is true) as since 07 he is the best GT rider.

I just don't get that i can express my opinion when 1. i was not trolling and 2. its not rocket science to see im telling the truth based on this year, but people just say Contador is not good. If their was no Froome on this planet and Contador wins the TDF i bet no one says he is not as strong, but back to my point about being UNIQUE shows how good Froome's level is to be the first rider who is fav. So last time lol unique.:D
User avatar TANK91
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,525
Joined: 09 Mar 2013 21:11

08 Jun 2013 12:19

If their was no Froome on this planet and Contador wins the TDF i bet no one says he is not as strong


because it's normal for Alberto to get beaten by Kwiatkowski and Papy horner, Of course.
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita
Senior Member
 
Posts: 19,618
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

08 Jun 2013 13:31

LaFlorecita wrote:because it's normal for Alberto to get beaten by Kwiatkowski and Papy horner, Of course.


A rider is strong as much as his opponents let him be strong. Deal with it. Contador cannot beat Horner? It's his problems. It doesn't care Horner, other riders and by and large doesnt care Contador too, because it's irrelevant how strong he was before. He must prove how strong he is NOW.
User avatar airstream
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,283
Joined: 29 Mar 2011 18:32
Location: Minsk

08 Jun 2013 13:39

airstream wrote:A rider is strong as much as his opponents let him be strong. Deal with it. Contador cannot beat Horner? It's his problems. It doesn't care Horner, other riders and by and large doesnt care Contador too, because it's irrelevant how strong he was before. He must prove how strong he is NOW.


That wasn't my point. Learn to read, TROLL.
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita
Senior Member
 
Posts: 19,618
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

08 Jun 2013 14:10

Today, I see the contador 2.0 that I haven't seen before. He played a good teammate. As I mentioned before in this post, Alberto is a different person now. He is more and more showing that it's about the team. And today's he showed it again "publicly" by selfishly pacing his higher placing team mate. I'm sure he was itchy to jump whenever someone attacked. But nope, he stayed there, and paced rogers nicely. Come july, rogers will turn the favor. What he did is really good for team morale. And for that, I'm rooting more for contador.

tomorrow, will be an interesting day. Sky doesn't seem to want to let contador win the stage. Rogers is sitting less than a minute in GC from Porte. What would sky do? Letting contador win and keep 1-2 GC or let Porte loose his 2nd place by chasing contador? Can't wait to see what TST tactics would be tomorrow.
User avatar Jelantik
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,313
Joined: 19 Jul 2010 18:30

08 Jun 2013 14:43

Zero chance porte will lose his 2nd place
willbick
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,282
Joined: 07 Jul 2012 18:11

08 Jun 2013 15:27

http://www.biciciclismo.com/cas/site/noticias-ficha.asp?id=62804

Be afraid, be very afraid, Contador says he is only at 75% at most and expects to hit 100% at the tour :cool:
User avatar Parrulo
Senior Member
 
Posts: 10,169
Joined: 05 Aug 2010 01:42

08 Jun 2013 15:30

Parrulo wrote:http://www.biciciclismo.com/cas/site/noticias-ficha.asp?id=62804

Be afraid, be very afraid, Contador says he is only at 75% at most and expects to hit 100% at the tour :cool:


:):) let's hope he isn't bluffing :)
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita
Senior Member
 
Posts: 19,618
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

08 Jun 2013 15:33

Posted here because it's a bit OT for the race thread.

LaFlorecita wrote:yes but Alberto's WT points don't count for the team ranking made up at the end of the year. Why would Riis care about Alberto's personal WT points?


They do count toward the team ranking at the end of the year. Last year they finished 15th with 401 points of which Alberto contributed 290. Being top 15 is important relating to WT rules, and posible cause for apeal etc.

His "value points" didn't count toward the team assesment by the licence commitee which is another thing altogether.
Le Baroudeur
Junior Member
 
Posts: 437
Joined: 28 Oct 2012 04:03

08 Jun 2013 15:36

LaFlorecita wrote::):) let's hope he isn't bluffing :)


why would he bluff? then again why would he even 'reveal' that?

the contador i remember in interviews was always 'i'm not the fav and bla bla bla"

And now he's like "***** please, stop sucking sky's D i'm only at 75 procent" :cool:
thehog wrote:JV if you truly wish to save cycling.

Do something.

You know it's not real.

Your Garmin guys are getting killed.
User avatar Miburo
Senior Member
 
Posts: 5,806
Joined: 29 Jul 2012 19:33

08 Jun 2013 15:41

Miburo wrote:why would he bluff? then again why would he even 'reveal' that?

the contador i remember in interviews was always 'i'm not the fav and bla bla bla"

And now he's like "***** please, stop sucking sky's D i'm only at 75 procent" :cool:


The enemy allways fears the unknown. Art of War 101.
Le Baroudeur
Junior Member
 
Posts: 437
Joined: 28 Oct 2012 04:03

08 Jun 2013 15:41

Le Baroudeur wrote:Posted here because it's a bit OT for the race thread.



They do count toward the team ranking at the end of the year. Last year they finished 15th with 401 points of which Alberto contributed 290. Being top 15 is important relating to WT rules, and posible cause for apeal etc.

His "value points" didn't count toward the team assesment by the licence commitee which is another thing altogether.


I am aware of the rules and regulations :cool:
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita
Senior Member
 
Posts: 19,618
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

08 Jun 2013 17:02

Parrulo wrote:http://www.biciciclismo.com/cas/site/noticias-ficha.asp?id=62804

Be afraid, be very afraid, Contador says he is only at 75% at most and expects to hit 100% at the tour :cool:


6 w/kg in the dauphine>>>>8 w/kg in le tour:D

vamos vamos!

now with rogers 3rd place secured, tomorrow it's time for some little fun
Vino 4ever
User avatar jens_attacks
Senior Member
 
Posts: 12,269
Joined: 08 Sep 2009 18:00

08 Jun 2013 17:11

Mis sensaciones son bastante buenas, me encuentro bastante cómodo en las subidas y mañana parece que dan lluvia, que en cierto modo me favorece. Veremos qué sucede.


:DLooking forward:D
Alberto Contador fanboy
Vamos Colombia!
Ryo Hazuki in August 2013 wrote:what? quintana is already better climber than froome. see final stages of the tour and he's only 23. quintana is the best climber I've sene since pantani. he will become a legend
User avatar ILovecycling
Senior Member
 
Posts: 6,941
Joined: 04 Aug 2010 12:00
Location: Prague

08 Jun 2013 17:28

Parrulo wrote:http://www.biciciclismo.com/cas/site/noticias-ficha.asp?id=62804

Be afraid, be very afraid, Contador says he is only at 75% at most and expects to hit 100% at the tour :cool:


Contador only practices a little pulling and exhausts Froome a bit so hes nice and burned out for the last week of the Tour.
User avatar melkemugg
Junior Member
 
Posts: 234
Joined: 16 May 2012 12:53

08 Jun 2013 17:33

jens_attacks wrote:6 w/kg in the dauphine>>>>8 w/kg in le tour:D

vamos vamos!

now with rogers 3rd place secured, tomorrow it's time for some little fun


:D yes please. Clinic will explode, 8 W/kg :D
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita
Senior Member
 
Posts: 19,618
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Carols, coppino, escartin, fauniera, gatete, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Hugo Koblet, LaFlorecita, lenric, MatParker117, Merckx index, Progsprach, qwer, SeriousSam, staubsauger, Stromeon, Taxus4a, zlev11 and 71 guests

Back to top