Register

Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

09 Jun 2013 07:16

TANK91 wrote:Yeh i dint realise it was as lil as 9 seconds, Navarro is good with more climbs in the TDF can he top 10?

Maybe, but he'll lose 6 minutes in the tts
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita

09 Jun 2013 07:18

Publicus wrote:Figuratively guys. He's speaking figuratively (not to be confused with speaking literally). He feels good but has some room to improve.

He does say he's calculated he is only at 75% of his max capacities. Maybe Alberto is not good at math :D
User avatar LaFlorecita

09 Jun 2013 07:40

LaFlorecita wrote:Maybe, but he'll lose 6 minutes in the tts

Dont you like Navarro?, was you annoyed he left.
User avatar TANK91

09 Jun 2013 07:43

TANK91 wrote:Dont you like Navarro?, was you annoyed he left.

I don't care about him, don't like him but don't dislike him either
User avatar LaFlorecita

09 Jun 2013 08:50

Contador won't win the Tour. Froome will only lose the Tour if he falls off.
diggercuz wrote:second post ever after reading the forum for the last few years and one thing i must say, ACF94 is probably the most intelligent poster here, never biased to BMC or Cadel, and never gets worked up over anything.
User avatar auscyclefan94

09 Jun 2013 08:53

auscyclefan94 wrote:Contador won't win the Tour. Froome will only lose the Tour if he falls off.

it looks like that now.
but look at alberto:

fit as hell and he will be way stronger in le tour

if chris wins le tour, chapeau! but he will have to fight until the absolute limit for it
Vino 4ever
User avatar jens_attacks

09 Jun 2013 09:05

jens_attacks wrote:it looks like that now.
but look at alberto:

fit as hell and he will be way stronger in le tour

if chris wins le tour, chapeau! but he will have to fight until the absolute limit for it

This.It should be a great fight;),I hope we won't see any crashes or bad mechanicals.
Alberto Contador fanboy
Vamos Colombia!
Ryo Hazuki in August 2013 wrote:what? quintana is already better climber than froome. see final stages of the tour and he's only 23. quintana is the best climber I've sene since pantani. he will become a legend
User avatar ILovecycling

09 Jun 2013 10:08

auscyclefan94 wrote:Contador won't win the Tour. Froome will only lose the Tour if he falls off.

I think I should start collecting all these predictions, and after AC taught the Dawg a lesson, i´ll post them all together in this thread. ;)
User avatar xrayvision

09 Jun 2013 10:26

xrayvision wrote:I think I should start collecting all these predictions, and after AC taught the Dawg a lesson, i´ll post them all together in this thread. ;)

That would be very unnecessary.
"It is going to be very scary." - Tom Boonen*
User avatar Panda Claws

09 Jun 2013 13:14

I feel so content with what i wrote yday now, even more so now i believe when i said i was not troling it looks like im talking sense. No Froome did not drop Contador but just wow, imagine if Froome did not have to wait for Porte, he was riding im off his wheel with ease and had to keep dropping back.

So im sorry but Froome is the boss La Flo if Contador did thistoday or in the past youd be the same, not hating it's just the truth.

And seriously what a fail by Riis, 1. Contador attacking and then Sky lifted the pace and Rogers was dropped and 2. the damage was already done Contador was not going to save Roger's podium spot, so why not leave him up the road.
3. Contador new he coulnt win and though why lose and give Froome even more mentaly advantage.

What a stage though i really enjoyed that i so love watching the uphill performance when he goes for it, it would be great to see Froome behind before the mountains, lets hope Froome looses 30+ seconds in the TTT and then on AX Froome goes awol.
User avatar TANK91

09 Jun 2013 13:20

Contador "marking" Gallopin was the saddest thing ever.
User avatar roundabout

09 Jun 2013 13:23

xrayvision wrote:I think I should start collecting all these predictions, and after AC taught the Dawg a lesson, i´ll post them all together in this thread. ;)

Great idea. We should take a list of "who" actually believed contador can win, and who has already written him off right now, after week one, and after week 2. I mean their name and not how many people . After that, the people who got their prediction spot on, should have bragging rights .:D
User avatar Jelantik

09 Jun 2013 13:24

TANK91 wrote:I feel so content with what i wrote yday now, even more so now i believe when i said i was not troling it looks like im talking sense. No Froome did not drop Contador but just wow, imagine if Froome did not have to wait for Porte, he was riding im off his wheel with ease and had to keep dropping back.

So im sorry but Froome is the boss La Flo if Contador did thistoday or in the past youd be the same, not hating it's just the truth.

And seriously what a fail by Riis, 1. Contador attacking and then Sky lifted the pace and Rogers was dropped and 2. the damage was already done Contador was not going to save Roger's podium spot, so why not leave him up the road.
3. Contador new he coulnt win and though why lose and give Froome even more mentaly advantage.

What a stage though i really enjoyed that i so love watching the uphill performance when he goes for it, it would be great to see Froome behind before the mountains, lets hope Froome looses 30+ seconds in the TTT and then on AX Froome goes awol.

Oh my

Not going to argue anymore, just 2 things: riis isn't in the car for saxo so it cant be a fail by riis

You dont even know if Alberto knew he couldnt win

And now I'm done with you. Onto the ignore list you go
User avatar LaFlorecita

09 Jun 2013 13:34

TANK91 wrote:3. Contador new he coulnt win and though why lose and give Froome even more mentaly advantage.

hmm this is only if contador see the glass half empty. He's not newbie when it comes to GT win. He believes in himself. (i wrote him off in vuelta after all his attacks being nulled by rodriguez). Yet, he won it. He already said, he is looking at a bigger picture, and that is TDF. That's what matters. Sure Froome can have a mental advantage now, but it can also be simply a false confidence (you know mind games). Froome was head and shoulder above everyone at this race and all year for that matter. And there's no way we would say otherwise.

Can contador win it today? well, I guess we never know that since he opted to drop back, and paced rogers. Contador was horrible in his TT (with or without his allergy) that's the fact. If he wants to win the tour he gotta fix that part. Other than that, he was good enough in mountain so far.
User avatar Jelantik

09 Jun 2013 14:07

LaFlorecita wrote:He does say he's calculated he is only at 75% of his max capacities. Maybe Alberto is not good at math :D

Somehow I doubt he uses lying on the floor unable to move as the zero percent baseline. Allthings are relative. :)
Le Baroudeur

09 Jun 2013 14:09

TANK91 wrote:Wow you call me troll yet im stating facts and you said in a post before Alberto is better alberto this and that, and you call me trolling, wow.

I understand it may seem harsh, but what did i write wrong, im cheering for Froome in the TDF, i want to see him win a GT he as been robbed.

I gave Contador his props he is THE BEST GT RIDER OF HIS ERA, did you not get the message, anyway i give up with you i actually was getting on with most fans of Contador yet im TROLL lol.

I just feel what Froome is doing to Contador as never been done before, if Contador becomes victorious then fine(im not a hater). But dont even reply, all because i wrote the truth huh.

Technically Purito was the first to do it in last year's Vuelta.
"It's a little bit scarey when Contador attacks." Tommie Voeckler
User avatar Angliru

09 Jun 2013 14:18

Angliru wrote:Technically Purito was the first to do it in last year's Vuelta.

The time bonuses helped and Contador had been off the scene for a while. What surprised me is that Rodriguez actually lost the race after what had happened previously.
movingtarget

09 Jun 2013 16:17

movingtarget wrote:The time bonuses helped and Contador had been off the scene for a while. What surprised me is that Rodriguez actually lost the race after what had happened previously.

I think that surprised everybody. Riis is a very canny strategist and Contador also has very good tactical acumen. The combination is particularly deadly when it comes to winning races. I would not be surprised if they derail the Sky train. But it is different matter altogether to get rid of Froome. They got rid of Purito becuse he isn't good in the flats. But Froome is a very good TTer.
IndianCyclist

09 Jun 2013 17:06

Angliru wrote:Technically Purito was the first to do it in last year's Vuelta.

Andy has dropped him too once fair and square.
User avatar Cimber

09 Jun 2013 17:37

I'll be way better in the tour than i was in the vuelta last year

Contador said that in an interview on tv (sporza). Sky-fans, don't be celebrating yet :cool:
thehog wrote:JV if you truly wish to save cycling.

Do something.

You know it's not real.

Your Garmin guys are getting killed.
User avatar Miburo

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing