Register

Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

10 Jun 2013 10:21

LaFlorecita wrote:Lolz

10 chars

Alright. They realized Rogers is impossible to save almost at once as soon as Contador tried to tow him. So he could easily go back to the peloton (just 10-15 sec) and try to win the stage, no? He needed the stage win like no one else, no?
User avatar airstream

10 Jun 2013 10:41

airstream wrote:Alright. They realized Rogers is impossible to save almost at once as soon as Contador tried to tow him. So he could easily go back to the peloton (just 10-15 sec) and try to win the stage, no? He needed the stage win like no one else, no?

Saxo doesn't need stage wins they need rider value points
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita

10 Jun 2013 10:45

airstream wrote:Surely if you assume you already saw a 100% of Froome.

Froome could have powered past di marchi yesterday and put half a minute into him, had it mattered. Don't think he was out of the saddle at any point.

We have not seen him really tackling a mountain at full fitness since vuelta 2011. I think we will see a Verbier
2009 performance from him at some point during the tour.
User avatar Contadoraus Schlecks

10 Jun 2013 10:49

I think we will see such performances on every mtf
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita

10 Jun 2013 10:53

airstream wrote:How do you think is it possible Contador was coming back to Rogers yesterday partially in order not to need to respond Froome diabolic attack?

This is some fine trolling here. Yes, Contador dropped his own attack NOT to try and help Rogers salvage his podium position, but because he wanted to avoid having to respond to a then-unknown, but apparently expected, diabolical attack from Froome.... Where do you dream this stuff up? :p:rolleyes:
"The truth is when I race, it's 100% me" Alberto Contador

"I have no intention of being a conformist in this race. Not in the slightest" Alberto Contador

"We should all have more cake. Who doesn’t like cake?" Oleg Tinkov
User avatar Publicus

10 Jun 2013 10:56

LaFlorecita wrote:Saxo doesn't need stage wins they need rider value points

Precisely:

Stage win = 6 points
GC 6th place = 40 points

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_UCI_World_Tour
Mark Cavendish: Are people so naive they think cycling's the only sport with a hidden past?
Maybe it's just the only sport where a hidden past's come out.
User avatar jyhjyh

10 Jun 2013 10:57

jyhjyh wrote:Precisely:

Stage win = 6 points
GC 6th place = 40 points

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_UCI_World_Tour

Aye sadly after Contador's awful TT that fact there ruined any major possibilities of a good tete a tete between Froome and Contador.
Inquitus

10 Jun 2013 10:58

Contadoraus Schlecks wrote:Froome could have powered past di marchi yesterday and put half a minute into him, had it mattered. Don't think he was out of the saddle at any point.

We have not seen him really tackling a mountain at full fitness since vuelta 2011. I think we will see a Verbier
2009 performance from him at some point during the tour.

Frankly I think Froome doesn't have a ton more upside. I don't think he was tested this week, but I don't think we will see him produce any Verbier-style performances this year.

Also, he was out of the saddle yesterday (Porte was digging a little deep yesterday).

"The truth is when I race, it's 100% me" Alberto Contador

"I have no intention of being a conformist in this race. Not in the slightest" Alberto Contador

"We should all have more cake. Who doesn’t like cake?" Oleg Tinkov
User avatar Publicus

10 Jun 2013 11:06

airstream wrote:How do you think is it possible Contador was coming back to Rogers yesterday partially in order not to need to respond Froome diabolic attack?

You are funny some times :)

It was clear that Froomestrong tried to tow Porte to a stage win.

And you know that a GC 6th place gives more points than a stage win to Saxo-Tinkoff, who needs UCI points.
Mark Cavendish: Are people so naive they think cycling's the only sport with a hidden past?
User avatar jyhjyh

10 Jun 2013 11:10

Inquitus wrote:Aye sadly after Contador's awful TT that fact there ruined any major possibilities of a good tete a tete between Froome and Contador.

Yes. But in juli, Contador won't suffer from allergy problems.
It's hard to ride when you can't breathe.
User avatar jyhjyh

10 Jun 2013 11:11

jyhjyh wrote:Yes. But in juli, Contador won't suffer from allergy problems.
It's hard to ride when you can't breathe.

It's hard to ride as fast as you did in the naughties when you can't ........ you mean.
Inquitus

10 Jun 2013 11:14

Publicus wrote:Image

Appearently Froome likes showing the world that he could go faster than his teammates :o
User avatar JimPanzen

10 Jun 2013 11:18

JimPanzen wrote:Appearently Froome likes showing the world that he could go faster than his teammates :o

Aye it doesn't look good tbh, makes him look like a bit of a ****.
Inquitus

10 Jun 2013 11:18

Inquitus wrote:It's hard to ride as fast as you did in the naughties when you can't ........ you mean.

Your opinion ......... you mean.
User avatar jyhjyh

10 Jun 2013 11:20

Some world class gurning from Porte there
willbick

10 Jun 2013 11:28

Publicus wrote:This is some fine trolling here. Yes, Contador dropped his own attack NOT to try and help Rogers salvage his podium position, but because he wanted to avoid having to respond to a then-unknown, but apparently expected, diabolical attack from Froome.... Where do you dream this stuff up? :p:rolleyes:

I'm saying he didn't want to come back to the peloton after Rogers' collapse, because he was called the tempo had increased significantly (which was the case) and apparently Sky prepared an attack. Surely I doubt Contador is afraid to be beaten. He saw too much in his career. So that was just an assumption.

Also, he was out of the saddle yesterday (Porte was digging a little deep yesterday).

They stand up on the pedals not only for maximum effort, for some dynamic variety too.
User avatar airstream

10 Jun 2013 11:50

LOl hahaha I love this thread. I think i will start to stop disliking Contador.
User avatar Zam_Olyas

10 Jun 2013 11:59

Inquitus wrote:Aye it doesn't look good tbh, makes him look like a bit of a ****.

He could have been looking back to see where his rivals were, not to see how much suffering he was putting Porte through.
"It's a little bit scarey when Contador attacks." Tommie Voeckler
User avatar Angliru

10 Jun 2013 12:10

Angliru wrote:He could have been looking back to see where his rivals were, not to see how much suffering he was putting Porte through.

I don't know, I think its the way he does it, Alberto was doing just as good a job of dropping Rogers while trying to help him up the hill, but when he looked round and dialled it back it didn't have the same nature as Froomes efforts, Froome was looking at Porte much the same way he was looking back at Wiggins last year.
Inquitus

10 Jun 2013 12:13

Inquitus wrote:I don't know, I think its the way he does it, Alberto was doing just as good a job of dropping Rogers while trying to help him up the hill, but when he looked round and dialled it back it didn't have the same nature as Froomes efforts, Froome was looking at Porte much the same way he was looking back at Wiggins last year.

From how I understand it Froome wanted to deliver the stage victory to Porte
del1962

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing