Register

Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

11 Jun 2013 07:48

Siriuscat wrote:Never.... if you expect us to take the trolling BS you roll out and not bite back then you are sadly mistaken. At every opportunity you slam one of the best riders of them all yet expect us to keep quiet. If you really want me to offend you then just say the word!!

If I had handled all bashing directed at Schleck, Wiggins and Froome so seriously as you do that with Contador, I would have got cranky a long ago, because there's enourmous mass of it. However, I'm peppy, opened for communication and I don't criticize anyone. Nonetheless, here comes SiriusCat and says 'I bashed fairly, you don't!'. It is an unhealthy reaction. It's not about all AC fans surely. For instance, I really enjoy Jelantik's posts because the guy reasons very sensibly.

We are all different on the forum. You are not like me. Thanks God, I'm not like you. I just offer not to appel one to another to avoid conflict situations. That's it.
User avatar airstream

11 Jun 2013 13:23

airstream wrote:No problem. You gotta communicate only with posters like Florecita then. More belief in the past - more optimism. :) But anyway I offer not to get personal and not to offend each other.

Jesus you never stop do you?
It´s freaking amazing that you with 3600 posts actually tries to deny it.

I haven't offend you, not even been personal, so even more blabling from your part. The rest of your post is simply to stupid to reply to.
User avatar xrayvision

11 Jun 2013 13:27

Not sure it's the best idea to repost things from the clinic in the PRR section.
Cyivel

11 Jun 2013 13:29

Cyivel wrote:Not sure it's the best idea to repost things from the clinic in the PRR section.

indeed. edited.
A race that doesn't give an attacker the chance to finish it off alone is not a race anymore.

Bronze Medal at the Great Grand Tour Game 2012

WARNING: Location says Germany, but I'm Italian...
User avatar Eshnar

11 Jun 2013 13:34

airstream wrote:Alright. They realized Rogers is impossible to save almost at once as soon as Contador tried to tow him. So he could easily go back to the peloton (just 10-15 sec) and try to win the stage, no? He needed the stage win like no one else, no?

Sorry but gotta to disagree.
Saxo need UCI WT points like nothing else, they base their team around Contador which means that they always be liable to a lack of points. So it was immensely important that Rogers gets every possibly place on GC he can manage to give them those points.

Having said that they surely will be safe for next year if Majka, Kreuziger and Rogers continue to go well, but they would want to be able to support Contador at the Tour knowing they have their WT place secure first and foremost, they could have lost it this year due to their support of Contador in the Vuelta, if it wasn't for that farce with Katusha Pat made up because he was jealous of their president or something.
El Pistolero wrote: Gratz to Cav.
User avatar Froome19

11 Jun 2013 14:01

airstream wrote:They are not able to elevate these numbers more or less precisely, not to mention about us.

I wouldt be so categorical. The fact of stage win is irrelevant, true I agree. However, Contador didn't mind dropping Froome once for confidence. There's no doubt. Or you really think it didn't desturb him after he was harsly flipped by Froome on the Green Mountain and Tivo?

In my view Contador realized he would lose Froome significatly in TT and made a bet on mountain stages. Dropping Froome was one of the goals. Otherwise what goals did Contador have while riding the Dauphine then? Just to ride with Froome in one group and gain 1000 racing kms? It's not quite logical.

Dropping Froome when?
He said from stage 1, froome is stronger than me atm, but my focus is not dauphine, but the tour, and the general classification is secondary. He had a bad day in the TT, he have been complaining about allergy for the last 5 years, but no no, air don´t believe, he´s not even out of form, Froome who came from zero to hero over a season is just a better rider, like the rest of the skyborgs ofc.
Nothing here clears your mind? No bells ringing? Nothing? No surprise really!

And you think he expected to be able to drop Froome?
Stop trolling, you act like we are all idiots and actually consider all your BS, its amazing that the only one to whom it haven´t been obvious to yet is your self. Your so biased and judgmental that it´s actually a farce listen to you, and putting words in peoples mouths makes it complete.
User avatar xrayvision

11 Jun 2013 14:06

Cyivel wrote:Not sure it's the best idea to repost things from the clinic in the PRR section.

Jesus chirst, its a quote, not a ****ing clinic debate, give it a rest, just making my point valid, how the **** is it possible to refer to something just because its in the clinic. Its not a clinic debate, its just a reference. :rolleyes:
User avatar xrayvision

11 Jun 2013 14:08

xrayvision wrote:Jesus chirst, its a quote, not a ****ing clinic debate, give it a rest, just making my point valid, how the **** is it possible to refer to something just because its in the clinic. Its not a clinic debate, its just a reference. :rolleyes:

Firstly you seem to have anger issues, secondly it clearly violated the rules of this forum and also clearly leads to the potential of further discussion of such issues in this section.

Thirdly I was actually trying to be helpful, rather than just reporting it to a mod.
Cyivel

11 Jun 2013 14:41

Rogers doing a Tommy Voeckler
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita

11 Jun 2013 14:43

OK. Let's discuss

xrayvision wrote:Jesus you never stop do you?
It´s freaking amazing that you with 3600 posts actually tries to deny it.

I haven't offend you, not even been personal, so even more blabling from your part. The rest of your post is simply to stupid to reply to.

Stop what? Discuss Contador's chances and the Tour? Most of debates relate to the matter atm so naturally I'm an active part of it. Stop believing in Contador to limited extent? It's impossible too.

Froome19 wrote:Sorry but gotta to disagree.
Saxo need UCI WT points like nothing else, they base their team around Contador which means that they always be liable to a lack of points

... Are Saxobank under the threat of not being among 16 teams whose licences will be prolonged? Gosh, they didn't fight for 40 point. That was either 4th,5 the spots or 6th.
User avatar airstream

11 Jun 2013 14:43

I disapprove the new glasses.
Cancellara is like The Black Album. Really good but way overrated.
User avatar Netserk

11 Jun 2013 14:54

airstream wrote:... Are Saxobank under the threat of not being among 16 teams whose licences will be prolonged?

Yes they are
User avatar LaFlorecita

11 Jun 2013 14:55

Netserk wrote:I disapprove the new glasses.

? In don't mind them
User avatar LaFlorecita

11 Jun 2013 14:58

LaFlorecita wrote:Yes they are

Lol, yeah with AGR, Majka's Giro and Rogers' California.
User avatar airstream

11 Jun 2013 15:02

xrayvision wrote:He had a bad day in the TT, he have been complaining about allergy for the last 5 years, but no no, air don´t believe, he´s not even out of form.

I don't know in which form is he's in but imo he's weaker physically now. Regardless, form and experience won't save him.

Froome who came from zero to hero over a season is just a better rider, like the rest of the skyborgs ofc.
Nothing here clears your mind? No bells ringing? Nothing? No surprise really!

No. What arguments should I take? That from-zero-to-hero riders are enable to beat Contador? LOL. Sorry, I follow for not 1 year and not 5 too so please to talk to me as if I'm an idiot. Thanks.
And you think he expected to be able to drop Froome?

Undoubtedly he hoped for it, otherwise he couldn't have attacked at Valmorel.
User avatar airstream

11 Jun 2013 15:05

airstream wrote:Lol, yeah with AGR, Majka's Giro and Rogers' California.

Yes

http://www.uci.ch/templates/BUILTIN-NOFRAMES/Template3/layout.asp?MenuId=MTYzMzc&LangId=1

318 points minus Alberto's 132 points. Puts them in 15th place above Euskaltel. First 16 are safe, and teams Pro Continental teams aren't in this ranking. So yeah, they're not safe at all.
User avatar LaFlorecita

11 Jun 2013 15:06

airstream wrote:I don't know in which form is he's in but imo he's weaker physically now regardless form and experience won't save him.

No. What arguments should I take? That from-zero-to-hero riders are enable to beat Contador? LOL. Sorry, I follow for not 1 year and not 5 too so please to talk to me as if I'm an idiot. Thanks.

Undoubtedly he hoped for it, otherwise he couldn't have attacked at Valmorel

he attacked to test his legs
User avatar LaFlorecita

11 Jun 2013 15:07

Netserk wrote:I disapprove the new glasses.

I think they're awesome, would you happen to know what the model is? I know they're Giro but been searching and nothing comes.
User avatar gatete

11 Jun 2013 15:08

airstream wrote:Lol, yeah with AGR, Majka's Giro and Rogers' California.

How many points did Rogers score for California :confused:
Cyivel

11 Jun 2013 15:20

gatete wrote:I think they're awesome, would you happen to know what the model is? I know they're Giro but been searching and nothing comes.

ZeroRh+ http://www.zerorh.com/shop-man/sportglasses/limited-edition
User avatar LaFlorecita

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing