Register

Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

13 Jun 2013 19:16

Kokoso wrote:Saxo might use Kreuziger for GC if something goes wrong. I think they should try that. Top ten is possible for him any time, but if he's gregario I don!t know...

He will be protected until the real action begins, then we will see what they gonna do, much depends on the situation at that point, it wouldnt surprise me if Riis would play out the Kreuziger card if the situation is right.
User avatar xrayvision

13 Jun 2013 19:19

Miburo wrote:Why are you always upset in your posts? :D

mad? Im not mad, but sometimes you get real tired of the same smart asses who truly believes they look smarter posting their usual derogatory bullsh it. You can only pity them. But mad I´m not. ;)
User avatar xrayvision

13 Jun 2013 19:28

Given the lack of points, unless Contador looks stellar on the first tests, Riis may give Kreuziguer a free role to go for a top10. He has done it before and he may as well do it again.
User avatar trevim

13 Jun 2013 20:00

Miburo wrote:Must have been plateau de beille i guess, i never thought it was that high though. Don't think verbier was that high, you had to lay back then already.

Anyway saxo their team will be real insane.

AC, Rogers, Kreuziger, CAS, Roche, Hernandez, Paulinho (i'm pretty sure these guys will ride it). That's a pretty good climbing team if in shape :D

I wouldn't underestimate Paulinho, if he's 100% he can be really useful. Hernandeze too but he can have a sucky day sometimes but that's ok with a pretty consistent roche and rogers. And Kreuziger? well i would make sure he doesn't lose too much time in the first week, might be helpful. Although that prob won't really work since we all know it's 100% AC but it can never harm.

Kreuziger is the kinda guy unlike rogers that you can really use for a crazy attack. This guy has it in him, not per se for him to go solo but like a set-up but the thing not really many tour stages that fit for it :o

Early attack on the alpe and then AC comes to him in the sarrene climb of 3km and decent like a madman :D And rest assure that gap stage will be used :cool:

Contador needs to be miraculous, as in 09, to beat Froome who is riding a divinely graced year so far. At least that much is clear.
User avatar rhubroma

13 Jun 2013 20:20

rhubroma wrote:Contador needs to be miraculous, as in 09, to beat Froome who is riding a divinely graced year so far. At least that much is clear.

Pretty much. He said he won't be worse than he was in the previous tours, but those are only words, we'll have to wait for ax3.

Try and ride next week with him and post that he'll win the tour. It worked with nibali ;)
thehog wrote:JV if you truly wish to save cycling.

Do something.

You know it's not real.

Your Garmin guys are getting killed.
User avatar Miburo

13 Jun 2013 20:25

Any native french speaker here or one who is very fluent in french here?
Testing the bounds of reality.
User avatar Zam_Olyas

13 Jun 2013 20:30

Came across something juicy ?
webvan

13 Jun 2013 20:34

Zam_Olyas wrote:I have my speakers working and do you still want to know what maradona said.

Yeah sure. Cheers.
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago

journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch

13 Jun 2013 20:42

The Hitch wrote:Yeah sure. Cheers.

i was very sad, because i met marco in Cuba and it seemed like we all shared part of the guilt of what happened. Because, you see, when marco won everyone was close to him and he died alone... we are all guilty. you, me, she.

When was the last time you heard him? How was he?

i haven't heard of him for a very long time, but we said we meet in Italy. Unfortunately, he's gone, but Pantani needed people that weren't there yesterday .....this is something bad for us, for all of us, because when Pantani was winning, everyone was close to him and yesterday he died alone, that is why we are all guilty for this.
User avatar Zam_Olyas

13 Jun 2013 20:43

webvan wrote:Came across something juicy ?

no just a youtube video i want translated.
User avatar Zam_Olyas

14 Jun 2013 14:26

"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita

14 Jun 2013 17:34

Nice, I wish I could share his optimism. But the points he has (especially with Bertie hitting peak form in the last week and Froome struggling with a 3 week race - see Vuelata 12) are pretty valid.
User avatar JimPanzen

14 Jun 2013 18:32

Public opinion may be with comparatively inexperienced Froome, but the smart money is on the man many have already written off.

A 7 GT-winner, who won the vuelta LAST YEAR, who had a pretty poor season untill now has been written off winning the tour at which contador himself said that he'll be at the same shape as in the previous tours.

Do we give the man zero credit or what? Just ridiculous.

But hey Van Garderen might win the tour, right? Oh yea...
thehog wrote:JV if you truly wish to save cycling.

Do something.

You know it's not real.

Your Garmin guys are getting killed.
User avatar Miburo

14 Jun 2013 18:37

Miburo wrote:Pretty much. He said he won't be worse than he was in the previous tours, but those are only words, we'll have to wait for ax3.

Try and ride next week with him and post that he'll win the tour. It worked with nibali ;)

Ahh, that's gonna be a tough one...:p
User avatar rhubroma

14 Jun 2013 18:38

And then Kelly in a separate interview today says there is no reason why Froome can't continue his form and win the Tour.
User avatar gooner

14 Jun 2013 19:20

gooner wrote:And then Kelly in a separate interview today says there is no reason why Froome can't continue his form and win the Tour.

Kelly has always done stand-up in addition to his serious work. :)
Le Baroudeur

14 Jun 2013 22:46

gooner wrote:And then Kelly in a separate interview today says there is no reason why Froome can't continue his form and win the Tour.

Sounds like he's covered all of his bases. :D
"The truth is when I race, it's 100% me" Alberto Contador

"I have no intention of being a conformist in this race. Not in the slightest" Alberto Contador

"We should all have more cake. Who doesn’t like cake?" Oleg Tinkov
User avatar Publicus

14 Jun 2013 22:56

Omg at the person in the comments section saying cav won't make it to Paris because they do adh twice. :eek:
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago

journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch

14 Jun 2013 23:33

I find it really hard to believe that froome will hold his form through the whole tour ie, peaking for four months (march to the end of july). that just humanly isn't possible even for professional cyclists, by the end of the 2012 tour wiggo was beginning to lose form. given that he should come into ax3 peaking, by ventoux he should have lost form. Contador has proven that when he is peaking he could beat froome, but whenever contador has raced frooome he's been well below that historical best. whether contador can actually reach that maximum is uncertain, but if he does, then froome won't be able to match him on the climbs (same thing with schleck vs froome)
nick101

14 Jun 2013 23:42

nick101 wrote:I find it really hard to believe that froome will hold his form through the whole tour ie, peaking for four months (march to the end of july). that just humanly isn't possible even for professional cyclists, by the end of the 2012 tour wiggo was beginning to lose form. given that he should come into ax3 peaking, by ventoux he should have lost form. Contador has proven that when he is peaking he could beat froome, but whenever contador has raced frooome he's been well below that historical best. whether contador can actually reach that maximum is uncertain, but if he does, then froome won't be able to match him on the climbs (same thing with schleck vs froome)

:confused:

I don't mean to be rude but you don't half talk a load of crap.
JRanton

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing