Register

Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

16 Jun 2013 10:21

LaFlorecita wrote:My view is that Alberto won't win and can't win as long as he is in this **** form and that has been my view this entire season. If he improves maybe he has a chance but I think he still won't win. Only if he is even better than in 2009 but that won't happen.

So you do think he has to be in shape of his life to beat Froome?:D
This means that Froome will set some sort of record (vam,watt p kg,vo2).I dont think this will happen,coz Froome has to improve in climbing or TT to do this.Its highly unlikely that Froome has so much room to improve,thats not Sky tactic.He is very good,but better data than Contador in 2009?It looks mighty ridiculous to me:D
Alberto Contador fanboy
Vamos Colombia!
Ryo Hazuki in August 2013 wrote:what? quintana is already better climber than froome. see final stages of the tour and he's only 23. quintana is the best climber I've sene since pantani. he will become a legend
User avatar ILovecycling

16 Jun 2013 10:31

ILovecycling wrote:So you do think he has to be in shape of his life to beat Froome?:D
This means that Froome will set some sort of record (vam,watt p kg,vo2).I dont think this will happen,coz Froome has to improve in climbing or TT to do this.Its highly unlikely that Froome has so much room to improve,thats not Sky tactic.He is very good,but better data than Contador in 2009?It looks mighty ridiculous to me:D

i'd rather call it evolution
it's not like alberto is the human limit of what it's possible
Vino 4ever
User avatar jens_attacks

16 Jun 2013 10:34

I think the most important thing for Alberto is to break Dawg's mental strenght.The key is Pyrenees imo,if Sky train and Froome won't be in control in 2 mountain stages at Pyrenees it can be very dangerous for Dawg's mentality.I hope a lot of climbers will attack.I think we can even have a surprise maillot jaune holder after Pyrennees,because Sky can underestimated attacks from less dangerous climbers(someone like Rolland,TJVG or TOP10 guys).
I think Sky train will try to control possible attacks from Schleck,Contador,Valverde,Pinot,Quintana,Purito,VDB,Hesjedal) but they cant control everything I just dont believe it.
Alberto Contador fanboy
Vamos Colombia!
Ryo Hazuki in August 2013 wrote:what? quintana is already better climber than froome. see final stages of the tour and he's only 23. quintana is the best climber I've sene since pantani. he will become a legend
User avatar ILovecycling

16 Jun 2013 10:41

jens_attacks wrote:i'd rather call it evolution

What kind of evolution?
To the bolded:He is not,but nothing suggest that one day he(Froome) will be capable of something like Contador.
On the other hand its funny sentence coz a lot of scientist said that Verbier Vo2max is human limit of physical effort.:D
Alberto Contador fanboy
Vamos Colombia!
User avatar ILovecycling

16 Jun 2013 10:47

LaFlorecita wrote:You do settle in another subforum to whine about how a certain cyclist needs to go to jail and needs to be shot in the head. Yes you are so much better mr. Airstream :rolleyes:

Not he, his honor and honesty. Big difference

Sip, I'd say differently Froome has all the cards to win the Tour right now. Van Garderen, Pinot and Quintana have a potential to win the Tour
User avatar airstream

16 Jun 2013 11:01

ILovecycling wrote:I think the most important thing for Alberto is to break Dawg's mental strenght.The key is Pyrenees imo,if Sky train and Froome won't be in control in 2 mountain stages at Pyrenees it can be very dangerous for Dawg's mentality.I hope a lot of climbers will attack.I think we can even have a surprise maillot jaune holder after Pyrennees,because Sky can underestimated attacks from less dangerous climbers(someone like Rolland,TJVG or TOP10 guys).
I think Sky train will try to control possible attacks from Schleck,Contador,Valverde,Pinot,Quintana,Purito,VDB,Hesjedal) but they cant control everything I just dont believe it.

They won't control anything. Very likely Froome will shoot solo from 3-4km on the 1st MTF. Unlike Wiggins' case, when they ride for Froome, the train is a weapon of gaining time in the mountains. Why does the best climber have to control everyonE?
User avatar airstream

16 Jun 2013 11:09

Miburo wrote:I thought airstream never went personal, is there nothing legit about you? ;)

You avoid the question about other deserved winner. Alright, nothing to reply. I understand you.
User avatar airstream

16 Jun 2013 11:20

LaFlorecita wrote:My view is that Alberto won't win and can't win as long as he is in this **** form and that has been my view this entire season. If he improves maybe he has a chance but I think he still won't win. Only if he is even better than in 2009 but that won't happen.

That is a big statement as no one believes Contador will be in that sort of form. I was more confident about Wiggins last year with the route and the TT and having Froome as a domestique. This year will be a little different tactically but of course Froome is the one to beat. Last year Sky just dominated the race but I think this year's race will be much more tactical although still does not mean that Sky won't win. Teams will realise that if they ride the race like last year they have no hope against Sky. Will be very interesting to see how friendships will form on the road between teams. I think Movistar will definitely ride with Saxo. Katusha maybe.
movingtarget

16 Jun 2013 11:25

movingtarget wrote:That is a big statement as no one believes Contador will be in that sort of form. I was more confident about Wiggins last year with the route and the TT and having Froome as a domestique. This year will be a little different tactically but of course Froome is the one to beat. Last year Sky just dominated the race but I think this year's race will be much more tactical although still does not mean that Sky won't win. Teams will realise that if they ride the race like last year they have no hope against Sky. Will be very interesting to see how friendships will form on the road between teams. I think Movistar will definitely ride with Saxo. Katusha maybe.

How this collective plot can look like? What captains can want to sacrifice their chances for other captains?
User avatar airstream

16 Jun 2013 11:27

SiAp1984 wrote:I agree with the first sentences. Froome obviously has the potential to win the Tour and he shows signs that he is stronger than AC on the climbs and in the TT. But it is not fixed as long as he’s not standing on the podium in Paris, clad in yellow. However anyone with his record of this spring would be considered to be the outright favourite in the Tour. AC on the other hand did not show any signs of his old form (remeber there were times when he - ridiculously - won virtually every race he entered). Not encouraging for him. This adds to a trend, because in the 2011 Tour, a bunch of guys was stronger than him, last years Vuelta was only won against guys like Valverde and Rodriguez (and a very tired Froome) without being impressive. His overrated performance in Italy 2011 was against a field of guys who were either out of form or not even nesr to a top performance in a Tour. This leads to the finding that a victory of AC in France would be - a possible and realistic - surprise.

The rest of the quote seems funny to me - AC usually never accepts that he has been beaten by guys who were simply stronger than him. He alsways comes up with some lame excuse... One more reason among plenty others why he cannot be considered to be a Champion.

Very agree with this.
But anyway in fact he is admited sometimes that there are people stronger with his excuses. After to be supposed to be with flu, he was in a similar shape than before and Dauphiné.
He had to recover a lot of money, he is going to try to be considered the best contender for a GT, he is now living in Suisse becouse our high tax in Spain, if he hail in the Tour, he will have his excuse, or... he will repeat again: I didnt have my best legs this days? Who knows.
In my opinion, he will say a day he had a bad day, and he will try something as in Telegraphe, so that way he will be still a hero, something similar what happened in Tour 2011. Or maybe he leave the Tour with some excuse, or maybe he try to do podium and say this year he could not find his best legs ever, we will see...

Alberto in a similar shape as Froome and winning... it is possible, but for me would be a surprise as well.

The team is strong: Rogers, Kreuziger an Roche are ready, they are one of the strongest teams in the mountains if people as CA Sorensen or Paulinho are in his best shape as well.

Was he training in Dauphiné? for sure.., he will be stronger in the TdF, it has been always like that with him, but other years he was in the podium.
User avatar Taxus4a

16 Jun 2013 11:29

airstream wrote:They won't control anything. Very likely Froome will shoot solo from 3-4km on the 1st MTF. Unlike Wiggins' case, when they ride for Froome, the train is a weapon of gaining time in the mountains. Why does the best climber have to control everyonE?

Because he and his DS want to control the race,they want it this way.
As for the attack I think you are right but I dont think he can drop everybody.I expect at least 3 riders to stay with him after his attack.And then what? Is he going to control every attack?I dont think so.The main difference between yours and mine opinion is that you think Froome will be the best climber in the race but I dont(imo he will be worse than someone or equal).But even if he will be the best climber he will have troubles.
For example Contador in 2009 and 2010 was best or equal climber with Schleck but nobody else wasnt a thread.Thats fine you can control one guy but I think there will be more guys to attack Froome in dangerous way and this can cause problems and thats why they want to control the race imo.:)
Alberto Contador fanboy
Vamos Colombia!
User avatar ILovecycling

16 Jun 2013 11:33

movingtarget wrote:That is a big statement as no one believes Contador will be in that sort of form. I was more confident about Wiggins last year with the route and the TT and having Froome as a domestique. This year will be a little different tactically but of course Froome is the one to beat. Last year Sky just dominated the race but I think this year's race will be much more tactical although still does not mean that Sky won't win. Teams will realise that if they ride the race like last year they have no hope against Sky. Will be very interesting to see how friendships will form on the road between teams. I think Movistar will definitely ride with Saxo. Katusha maybe.

If there will be a friendship between Saxo and Movistar,wow,Sky is gonna have a massive headache.But I think its not possible at all!
Alberto Contador fanboy
Vamos Colombia!
User avatar ILovecycling

16 Jun 2013 11:36

airstream wrote:How this collective plot can look like? What captains can want to sacrifice their chances for other captains?

Nobody sacrifice his chances, this is not everybody againts SKY, but it is true, that could be, one day Valverde attack, another Contador, another Purito, or maybe that in the same day.

It could happend but at the end everybody has his interest and even the plot could be with SKY if something is interested.

It is possible to see Nieve and Anton to help Contador, easier to help Froome, of course. We saw how Samu helped Contador, but, when the day was really hard, road put people in his place: Andy and Evans were the strongest.
User avatar Taxus4a

16 Jun 2013 12:12

ILovecycling wrote:Because he and his DS want to control the race,they want it this way.
As for the attack I think you are right but I dont think he can drop everybody.I expect at least 3 riders to stay with him after his attack.And then what? Is he going to control every attack?I dont think so.The main difference between yours and mine opinion is that you think Froome will be the best climber in the race but I dont(imo he will be worse than someone or equal).But even if he will be the best climber he will have troubles.
For example Contador in 2009 and 2010 was best or equal climber with Schleck but nobody else wasnt a thread.Thats fine you can control one guy but I think there will be more guys to attack Froome in dangerous way and this can cause problems and thats why they want to control the race imo.:)

The problem is none of these 'at least three' but Contador has a steady reputation of attacker and to think they will start attacking without rhyme or reason just because of Froome would be a bit naive. In all this year's duels Contador was the first to attack and everyone remembers how it ended up so... I don't expect the rivals to go posthaste
User avatar airstream

16 Jun 2013 12:16

Ffs of course he needs to be in the shape of his life to win and even then it's not certain at all. Froome is something else. He's riding away from everyone else while chatting with his teammate. To be honest I can't see anyone beating Froome unless he crashes. And of course Movistar won't ride with Saxo. Why would they. It's not "everyone against sky".
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita

16 Jun 2013 12:19

Taxus4a wrote:Very agree with this.
But anyway in fact he is admited sometimes that there are people stronger with his excuses. After to be supposed to be with flu, he was in a similar shape than before and Dauphiné.
He had to recover a lot of money, he is going to try to be considered the best contender for a GT, he is now living in Suisse becouse our high tax in Spain, if he hail in the Tour, he will have his excuse, or... he will repeat again: I didnt have my best legs this days? Who knows.
In my opinion, he will say a day he had a bad day, and he will try something as in Telegraphe, so that way he will be still a hero, something similar what happened in Tour 2011. Or maybe he leave the Tour with some excuse, or maybe he try to do podium and say this year he could not find his best legs ever, we will see...

Alberto in a similar shape as Froome and winning... it is possible, but for me would be a surprise as well.

The team is strong: Rogers, Kreuziger an Roche are ready, they are one of the strongest teams in the mountains if people as CA Sorensen or Paulinho are in his best shape as well.

Was he training in Dauphiné? for sure.., he will be stronger in the TdF, it has been always like that with him, but other years he was in the podium.

Of course he didn't move to Lugano because of taxes. Half his ****ing team lives there.
User avatar LaFlorecita

16 Jun 2013 12:23

jens_attacks wrote:i'd rather call it evolution

"Evolution" indeed, someone going from unable to ride alpe dhuez sub-50 minutes to tour winner by a ridiculous margin.
User avatar LaFlorecita

16 Jun 2013 12:32

LaFlorecita wrote:"Evolution" indeed, someone going from unable to ride alpe dhuez sub-50 minutes to tour winner by a ridiculous margin.

You'd find the reasons to dislike any other threat.
User avatar airstream

16 Jun 2013 12:35

LaFlorecita wrote:"Evolution" indeed, someone going from unable to ride alpe dhuez sub-50 minutes to tour winner by a ridiculous margin.

how do we know that he had at the time all the necessary preparation to go all-out, or if he even went all-out? there are way too many factors
i kind of like the jokes about froomey and remember that i was the first who hyped him to to the moon:D a magical spring or a magical grand tour can happen without having lots of talent, you just need an extremely big stock of magic. but chris is already in his third year of top class world cyclist. and you can't make it if you aren't a super engine and huge talent. and the peloton seems to agree with me.

and alberto too

but in no way, froome will win this easily i'm sure of it. andy and alberto will attack him non stop. even purito will harras him with his 400 meters attacks
Vino 4ever
User avatar jens_attacks

16 Jun 2013 12:40

I love all this talk its truly amusing but we are forgetting one thing... The last grand tour Contador entered he won. Purito wasn't in form at the dauphine either but i guarantee he will be come the Tour(as to why, think about it..). Same with Contador. I will put money on it Contador will be atleast 15% better come the Tour. Wether or not he will win, well we will have to wait and see but we can't go on this years form. Froome and sky are in a good place but Contador has much more experience and a much better strategic race mind to Froome in my opinion. None of the spanish guys will want team sky to win so there will be a lot of tactics the tour is going to be next level!
genekehoe

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing