Register

Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

18 Jun 2013 04:31

Taxus4a wrote:We see totally the oposite, what you see in Contador, I see in Froome, and the contrary.

Interesting. How so? Froome hasnt faced the type of team hostility that Contador faced in 2009. Give us an example that supports your view point
"The truth is when I race, it's 100% me" Alberto Contador

"I have no intention of being a conformist in this race. Not in the slightest" Alberto Contador

"We should all have more cake. Who doesn’t like cake?" Oleg Tinkov
User avatar Publicus

18 Jun 2013 05:26

Siriuscat wrote:Really??? :eek::eek:

:eek::eek:
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita

18 Jun 2013 05:52

Rewatching some races I gotta say Alberto's attack in Dauphiné looked much better than his attacks earlier in the year. More power and he was finally able to keep accelerating for longer than 5 seconds. Progress?
User avatar LaFlorecita

18 Jun 2013 07:15

LaFlorecita wrote:Rewatching some races I gotta say Alberto's attack in Dauphiné looked much better than his attacks earlier in the year. More power and he was finally able to keep accelerating for longer than 5 seconds. Progress?

Wait,wait...a slight bit of Contador optimism after months of doubt?:p
"It's a little bit scarey when Contador attacks." Tommie Voeckler
User avatar Angliru

18 Jun 2013 07:18

Angliru wrote:Wait,wait...a slight bit of Contador optimism after months of doubt?:p

Yes :p http://velorooms.com/index.php?topic=2572.msg103246#msg103246
User avatar LaFlorecita

18 Jun 2013 10:24

I hope Contador finds some form and arrives in great shape for the Tour. I want to see a great battle between Froome and Contador and if both are right at the top of form nobody will get close to them.
[font="Century Gothic"]@pricey_88[/font]

[font="Book Antiqua"]Excited by the future, onboard the Yates' brothers bandwagon.[/font]

[font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Mark Cavendish, 'fastest sprinter of all time' - L'Equipe.[/font]

JimmyFingers wrote:Ian Stannard no more, today he is christened Jan VandenStanerdt
User avatar Pricey_sky

18 Jun 2013 12:32

So will Kreuziger have a free role I think he was promising in Suisse, not greatest competition but I think he could be a darkhorse. If Contador cracks I hope Riis thinks on his feet and leaves Kreuziger up the road he has had the best season out of the 2 imo.
User avatar TANK91

18 Jun 2013 12:38

So will Kreuziger have a free role I think he was promising in Suisse, not greatest competition though. I think he could be a darkhorse. If Contador cracks I hope Riis thinks on his feet and leaves Kreuziger up the road he has had the best season out of the 2 imo.
User avatar TANK91

18 Jun 2013 12:50

TANK91 wrote:So will Kreuziger have a free role I think he was promising in Suisse, not greatest competition though. I think he could be a darkhorse. If Contador cracks I hope Riis thinks on his feet and leaves Kreuziger up the road he has had the best season out of the 2 imo.

That will never happen. Contador at 80% is still better than Kreuziger, besides kreuziger won a classic and top 3 a very weak tour de suisse?

Not really that impressive, contador's performance in 1 week stage races was way better than that this year.
thehog wrote:JV if you truly wish to save cycling.

Do something.

You know it's not real.

Your Garmin guys are getting killed.
User avatar Miburo

18 Jun 2013 12:57

Miburo wrote:That will never happen. Contador at 80% is still better than Kreuziger, besides kreuziger won a classic and top 3 a very weak tour de suisse?

Not really that impressive, contador's performance in 1 week stage races was way better than that this year.

Yeh it does not say much if you cant win Suisse with Kreuzigers reputation, but I have always wanted Kreuziger to do well and he as found his Niche this year imo he could be a good backup plan. I agree Contador is strong look at times they raced each other but Kreuziger has had just as good a season this year?.
User avatar TANK91

18 Jun 2013 12:59

TANK91 wrote:So will Kreuziger have a free role I think he was promising in Suisse, not greatest competition though. I think he could be a darkhorse. If Contador cracks I hope Riis thinks on his feet and leaves Kreuziger up the road he has had the best season out of the 2 imo.

He wont. It will be all for Bertie. BUT he might be used tactically for Contador in a break if he is close in the GC.

Btw, welcome back.

Wow you are optimistic regarding TJ after that performance in in TdS

Anyways, good to see you got your optimism back :)
User avatar Cimber

18 Jun 2013 13:33

Cimber wrote:He wont. It will be all for Bertie. BUT he might be used tactically for Contador in a break if he is close in the GC.

Btw, welcome back.

Wow you are optimistic regarding TJ after that performance in in TdS

Anyways, good to see you got your optimism back :)

Thanks Climber it is good to be back a week drags lol.
User avatar TANK91

18 Jun 2013 13:41

I have to admit that i have lost some of my confidence in Contador,on his performances this year he never looked confortable and was very near his limit.
To make it worse his TT abilities look very crappy, the only thing better for him this year, it's his Tour team, which looks to be in great form and it's very well-rounded.

If his form is lacking, hope his tenacity and inteligence make the difference and Purito and Movistar will try help him to panic the Sky train.
User avatar Hugo87

18 Jun 2013 14:03

What are you smocking?!
User avatar ThirdWorld

18 Jun 2013 14:10

ThirdWorld wrote:What are you smocking?!

Do you mean smoking?

Anyway.... It's not a stretch to think that TST will try to keep Kreuziger and Rogers in the topend of the GC for as long as possible to have some tactical options. However if Contador is in trouble they will be all for him. If he's not in trouble then a tactical attack from either of those from far out could help isolate Froome and Porte.

Riis has been doing this forever. He used Sastre in that way during Basso times (although in never worked) and Schleck like that during Sastre times (it was actually Sastre that was the tactical option in 2008).
notrolfsorensen

18 Jun 2013 15:33

Pricey_sky wrote:I hope Contador finds some form and arrives in great shape for the Tour. I want to see a great battle between Froome and Contador and if both are right at the top of form nobody will get close to them.

Don´t worry, Berto will show up in awesome form ;) as rest of the team, and wouldn´t be surprised at all that Kreuziger will be up there with the very best as well. The only sad thing is that Riis probably won´t be around to guide the troops.
User avatar xrayvision

18 Jun 2013 16:01

LaFlorecita wrote:Rewatching some races I gotta say Alberto's attack in Dauphiné looked much better than his attacks earlier in the year. More power and he was finally able to keep accelerating for longer than 5 seconds. Progress?

Froome's gotten the situation out of control for a second what do you think?
User avatar airstream

18 Jun 2013 16:09

airstream wrote:Froome's gotten the situation out of control for a second what do you think?

I have no idea what I think because I don't understand your question
User avatar LaFlorecita

18 Jun 2013 16:10

LaFlorecita wrote:I have no idea what I think because I don't understand your question

Froome controlled the situation entirely? Was he able to follow Contador at once if there was no PortE?
User avatar airstream

18 Jun 2013 16:13

airstream wrote:Froome controlled the situation entirely? Was he able to follow Contador at once if there was no PortE?

YEs I think so
User avatar LaFlorecita

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing