Register

Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

19 Jun 2013 17:35

airstream wrote:Talansky partially confirmed my words that you ridiculed, boys and girls. :)

ood for you, but Talansky confirming something doesn't make it a fact. Plus, he implies another important thing: "Producing good numbers" like Froome likes to say isn't everything. Tactical skill and later on in the race sheer will and determination are important factors. A race has to be raced :cool:

Edit: And yes, Oleg is a beast :D
User avatar JimPanzen

19 Jun 2013 17:50

airstream wrote:Talansky partially confirmed my words that you ridiculed, boys and girls. :)

I hate generalization.
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita

19 Jun 2013 17:52

What can he gonna do? hire some ex kgb folks and derail sky train before they start their engine? ..he cannot do anything.

edit: someone thinks i am a velasco fanboy. LOL ..much. i feel violated and dirty. :P
Testing the bounds of reality.
User avatar Zam_Olyas

19 Jun 2013 17:56

his brother Andy is nice, but it depends a lot of the moment... and if you are a girl, much better.

LOL, we had the exact same experience with the Schlecks. I remember one time years ago, I was hanging out with VdV and Zabriskie while they were warming up before a time trial (BTW, Vande Velde might be the nicest guy in the peloton, regardless of what he did or didn't do with Postal). They were all still riding for CSC, and the leader of the team for the race was Bobby Julich, who commanded respectable attention as the only American to have podiumed at the Tour besides Lance and Greg (at that time). I remember being impressed by the amount of interest Julich was stirring since Armstrong and the Discovery Channel team were also riding in this particular race. The Discovery bus was blocked off and you had people 20 deep trying to just touch the Miracle Man. Phonak was there as well, and Floyd had set out a lawn chair in front of his bus, and sat there shooting the bull with anyone. Leipheimer was also extremely friendly, and had set up his warmup station in the crowd, and you could walk right up to him, though he wouldn't sign autographs while he prepared.

As I was hanging out with the CSC American riders, the young Schleck brothers took their place on the warmup bikes next to the bus. At that time, there were whispers about the younger brother, Andy; about how incredibly talented he was and how he could be a future Tour winner, but they were relatively unknown by that stage (Frank would go on to win the stage to Alpe d'huez in the next year).

The Schleck brothers would smile or nod, but then a group of high school cheerleaders appeared, and the sparkle in Andy's eyes was truly priceless. His face lit up and he turned on the charm like no other.

Perico was my idol and he likes Contador, that is a point for me...

Mine as well, obviously. That's what I find about Contador that cause me to cheer for him, regardless of whether my preferred favorites are riding. He reminds me a lot of Delgado in that they are the two most explosive climbers of their generation, in terms of 'lethal' acceleration, and both are/were more than capable enough to hold their own against the clock.
User avatar perico

19 Jun 2013 18:20

Miburo wrote:You've no idea how many times i've dreamt of this ;)

I think if this happens it will crack Froome, mentally and physically. He has done the chase successfully so many times this season that its a given to him. We see if AC has the been "faking" it.
jilbiker

19 Jun 2013 18:37

Zam_Olyas wrote:What can he gonna do? hire some ex kgb folks and derail sky train before they start their engine? ..he cannot do anything.

edit: someone thinks i am a velasco fanboy. LOL ..much. i feel violated and dirty. :P

what zam, where :p
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita

19 Jun 2013 18:41

....and I'm about to ridicule Talansky as well.

I had hopes of this boy but other than a good Romandie last year does he have anything other than trash talk, poor show young man I hope your Dawwg sucking get you the stage win.

Anyway, why would we think anything positive of someone who "confirmed" your standard level of BS!!
I'm in shape...Round is a shape
Unashamed Contador Fanboy

http://www.justcycling.myfastforum.org
User avatar Siriuscat

19 Jun 2013 18:56

Don't ask me why, but for some strange reason with you, I always get a sense of a Creationist always being present at Darwinism conventions saying out loud "I really don't understand how I got here, why, and what it all means".
Le Baroudeur

19 Jun 2013 19:00

Siriuscat wrote:....and I'm about to ridicule Talansky as well.

I had hopes of this boy but other than a good Romandie last year does he have anything other than trash talk, poor show young man I hope your Dawwg sucking get you the stage win.

Anyway, why would we think anything positive of someone who "confirmed" your standard level of BS!!

To be sure because he dared doubt in Contador which turns one's stomach immediately. I tend to believe Talansky's words in a way since riders always know and feel races much deeper and thinner than fans do .
User avatar airstream

19 Jun 2013 19:01

airstream wrote:To be sure because he dared doubt in Contador which turns one's stomach immediately. I tend to believe Talansky's words in a way since riders always know and feel races much deeper and thinner than fans do .

Like Andy you mean?
Le Baroudeur

19 Jun 2013 19:02

I read the last few pages.

If I remember correctly, last year when Contador was losing the Vuelta, after many worthless attack, there was a poll, about who will win the Vuelta, and most of the people voted for Contador. After that there was Fuente De, and we all know what happened.
In 2011 after a brutal Vuelta he went to the Tour, normally there was absolutely no chance for him to win. What to do? Attack from 100 km to the finish, they caught him before Aple d'Huez after he did a lot of work, then he attacked once again, just to finish before the favorites.
I respect Talansky and his oppinion, but Contador showed me many times, that out of form, after a ban, after many crash he still able to make the race hard for anyone. Hope Talasky will be there when Contador will attack like no tomorrow and then he can speak about phisical condition and the others.
Alberto 'The Legend' Contador: winner of the Vuelta 2012! I will never forget!

Hesjedal!
User avatar vcampbell

19 Jun 2013 19:04

Le Baroudeur wrote:Like Andy you mean?

hm, do you pretend to know about races more than Andy lol?
User avatar airstream

19 Jun 2013 19:07

JimPanzen wrote:Let's put those cut out pieces of Talansky's interview a bit in perspective:

"Talansky also watched as Alberto Contador (Saxo-Tinkoff) could do little to rattle Froome and Team Sky. Although Contador said he was suffering from allergies and later rode to support teammate’s Michael Rogers’ failed bid for the podium, Contador seemed a step off Froome’s form.

“[Contador] rode a smart race. He knows he cannot beat Froome in a straight up drag race. He cannot just ride harder and harder and drop those guys. He has to attack. That’s what he tried to do at the Dauphiné,” Talansky said. “I would say that Contador is Froome’s most dangerous rival. We saw him in last year’s Vuelta. He can make intelligent tactical decisions on the fly that can win an entire race. Physically, Froome has nothing to worry about from Contador.”"

Scource

Wasn't Talansky dropped EARLY on most of the relevant stages because of his illness? How can he even speak to this??? Plus, he was able to close the gap to Froome and Porte on the final stage, does that mean he his physically superior to Contador/on par with Froome?
"The truth is when I race, it's 100% me" Alberto Contador

"I have no intention of being a conformist in this race. Not in the slightest" Alberto Contador

"We should all have more cake. Who doesn’t like cake?" Oleg Tinkov
User avatar Publicus

19 Jun 2013 19:10

airstream wrote:hm, do you pretend to know about races more than Andy lol?

I'm pointing out that like Andy regarding form, you talk a lot of BS in a feeble attempt to save face and attempt appear relevant.

How about trolling in your designated section for a change. :)
Le Baroudeur

19 Jun 2013 19:10

Lol.. since when talansky word matters? :confused: he has not yet won any weeklong race (i hope my memory right) and let alone GT. Maybe we should start listening to the overrated Tejay. At least he has won TOC :D
User avatar Jelantik

19 Jun 2013 19:15

Carols wrote:Hi all I'm back from vacation...was totally out of touch with cycling for 16 days. Yikes just now I found out UCI meeting was in Bergen, Norway over the weekend; so was I! Had I known I'd have picketed carrying an NO MORE McQuaid sign outside their meeting.

Anyone want to give me the condensed version of the 800+ posts I missed?
How did Bertie look in Dauphine? Any signs of form?

welcome back.
to sum it up:
1. contador sucked
2. froome dominating
3. the fat french lady hasn't sing yet.
so stay tune. :D
User avatar Jelantik

19 Jun 2013 19:17

Le Baroudeur wrote:I'm pointing out that like Andy regarding form, you talk a lot of BS in a feeble attempt to save face and attempt appear relevant.

How about trolling in your designated section for a change. :)

I say a lot of correct things which don't need one's blessing to be said. Thanks. What Andy had to do with Contador and Talansky debate God couldn't have guessed.
User avatar airstream

19 Jun 2013 19:21

airstream wrote:hm, do you pretend to know about races more than Andy lol?

erm....YOU pretend to know racing better than ANYONE!!
I'm in shape...Round is a shape
Unashamed Contador Fanboy

http://www.justcycling.myfastforum.org
User avatar Siriuscat

19 Jun 2013 19:25

Siriuscat wrote:erm....YOU pretend to know racing better than ANYONE!!

Of course not. We all have very very very superficial cycling knowledge because don't know how this system works from the inside. But when fan tries to ridicule a rider since he allegedly undestands some racing aspect better than rider.... it's worth laughing. :)
User avatar airstream

19 Jun 2013 19:27

Siriuscat wrote:erm....YOU pretend to know racing better than ANYONE!!

Please stop quoting air, otherwise the ignore thing won't work
Thanks
peloton

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing