Register

Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

20 Jun 2013 20:00

vcampbell wrote:Is there a way to ban him from this thread?

he's kinda right with the statement but anyway just ignore him, he's baiting people. Respond and he wins. He'll always give these kinda quotes in the hope someone gives the obvious reply and then...
thehog wrote:JV if you truly wish to save cycling.

Do something.

You know it's not real.

Your Garmin guys are getting killed.
User avatar Miburo

20 Jun 2013 23:05

a little nice story about the 'colombian demolition derby' that would demolish sky express. He makes it possible and he'll be contador's spring board.:D

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/tour-de-france-2013-nairo-quintana-the-outsider
User avatar Jelantik

20 Jun 2013 23:15

vcampbell wrote:Is there a way to ban him from this thread?

Miburo wrote:he's kinda right with the statement but anyway just ignore him, he's baiting people. Respond and he wins. He'll always give these kinda quotes in the hope someone gives the obvious reply and then...

I agree. He indeed was right with his statement on the first part. The second part about being thrown away from alpe d'huez top alive, that most likely (for sure) will be andy :D
User avatar Jelantik

20 Jun 2013 23:16

peloton wrote:No probs, just don't want to waste my time reading his nonsense and baiting attempts.

Well isn't that the truth...when people quote his blatant baiting I'm exposed to it even with Ignore on :(
Carol S.
~~~~
Alberto Contador: "And yes, it is true that for me it's the same to finish second or 10th."

Vincezo Nibali joins Anquetil, Gimondi, Merckx, Hinault and Contador as only the 6th winner of all 3 Grand Tours! Bravo Lo Squalo!
User avatar Carols

20 Jun 2013 23:20

JimPanzen wrote:Let's put those cut out pieces of Talansky's interview a bit in perspective:

"Talansky also watched as Alberto Contador (Saxo-Tinkoff) could do little to rattle Froome and Team Sky. Although Contador said he was suffering from allergies and later rode to support teammate’s Michael Rogers’ failed bid for the podium, Contador seemed a step off Froome’s form.

“[Contador] rode a smart race. He knows he cannot beat Froome in a straight up drag race. He cannot just ride harder and harder and drop those guys. He has to attack. That’s what he tried to do at the Dauphiné,” Talansky said. “I would say that Contador is Froome’s most dangerous rival. We saw him in last year’s Vuelta. He can make intelligent tactical decisions on the fly that can win an entire race. Physically, Froome has nothing to worry about from Contador.”"

Well I doubt he 'watched' unless it was on TV highlights later LOL! Hope Berto makes him suffer and eat those words :)
Carol S.
~~~~
Alberto Contador: "And yes, it is true that for me it's the same to finish second or 10th."

Vincezo Nibali joins Anquetil, Gimondi, Merckx, Hinault and Contador as only the 6th winner of all 3 Grand Tours! Bravo Lo Squalo!
User avatar Carols

21 Jun 2013 08:01

Miburo wrote:he's kinda right with the statement but anyway just ignore him, he's baiting people. Respond and he wins. He'll always give these kinda quotes in the hope someone gives the obvious reply and then...

It's actually not about the truth of his statement, it's about the "man". I don't want to respond to any of his comments, I just hate to read his trollposts here.
Alberto 'The Legend' Contador: winner of the Vuelta 2012! I will never forget!

Hesjedal!
User avatar vcampbell

21 Jun 2013 08:22

Oh my Goodness. Some fans trolled other riders' fan for years (they didn't think what the rest riders' fans feel about that etal), savored how Contador would smash everyone, bragged how everyone has no chance, but now they whine when someone reminds em about reality. Pathetic. Your attitude just reaches you. No offense.
User avatar airstream

21 Jun 2013 10:55

Lol

"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita

21 Jun 2013 12:40

airstream wrote:Oh my Goodness. Some fans trolled other riders' fan for years (they didn't think what the rest riders' fans feel about that etal), savored how Contador would smash everyone, bragged how everyone has no chance, but now they whine when someone reminds em about reality. Pathetic. Your attitude just reaches you. No offense.

Contador fans writes in the Contador thread, not so much in the Andy one, and so far I haven´t seen much trolling in the Andy thread, actually the opposite, most people gives him their support, and hopes for his return.

So my question is, how come you write 50 times more post in the Contador thread than you do in your idol ditto?

Wait...no need to answer that, the answer is so obvious.
User avatar xrayvision

21 Jun 2013 12:46

Astream
Here - 304

Andy schleck thread - 337

Fleur, top of the list in both :o :D
Testing the bounds of reality.
User avatar Zam_Olyas

21 Jun 2013 12:56

Comment from semi-lurker: There does seem to be quite a few people trolling these boards, and who are generally given much too long a leash by the mods.

Though I don't use the ignore feature I have quite a few people whom I just scroll past; the google-translating guy full of hot air(stream) is definitely one of them...
User avatar Opalius

21 Jun 2013 12:58

Zam_Olyas wrote:Astream
Here - 304

Andy schleck thread - 337

Fleur, top of the list in both :o :D

Zam I hardly post in the schleck thread anymore :D
User avatar LaFlorecita

21 Jun 2013 14:56

"no offense" - but he still tries to do it. Priceless.
Alberto 'The Legend' Contador: winner of the Vuelta 2012! I will never forget!

Hesjedal!
User avatar vcampbell

21 Jun 2013 15:01

vcampbell wrote:"no offense" - but he still tries to do it. Priceless.

What? Oh yes, to say that Contador of the 12 Vuelta version would be destroyed in the Tour is so offensive...:o
User avatar airstream

21 Jun 2013 15:05

airstream wrote:What? Oh yes, to say that Contador of the 12 Vuelta version would be destroyed in the Tour is so offensive...:o

But calling others pathetic isn't?
Cancellara is like The Black Album. Really good but way overrated.
User avatar Netserk

21 Jun 2013 15:37

Now Stephen Roache says Contador will win the Tour..... Source is Blazing Saddles on Eurosport. (of course not that Stephen would be biased in any way) :D:D:D
I'm in shape...Round is a shape
Unashamed Contador Fanboy

http://www.justcycling.myfastforum.org
User avatar Siriuscat

21 Jun 2013 16:32

Siriuscat wrote:Now Stephen Roache says Contador will win the Tour..... Source is Blazing Saddles on Eurosport. (of course not that Stephen would be biased in any way) :D:D:D

Shaun Kelly said it I thought.
User avatar TANK91

21 Jun 2013 16:36

Just an observation, AC has more race days than Froome and in the past when AC has won the TDF he as always had wins be it P.N etc and it did not make him tyred in the TDF. So what makes people think Contador is banking it all on last week, I just don't get how Contador would not have won a WT stage or stage race. Do people really think Contador has not been going all out in these races?:D Anyway I cant wait now just 88 days to go I predict fireworks.
User avatar TANK91

21 Jun 2013 16:38

Siriuscat wrote:Now Stephen Roache says Contador will win the Tour..... Source is Blazing Saddles on Eurosport. (of course not that Stephen would be biased in any way) :D:D:D

Lol the Irish like Alberto

And very interesting that both Roche and Kelly have publicly claimed Froome would be the man to watch
User avatar LaFlorecita

21 Jun 2013 16:40

TANK91 wrote:Just an observation, AC has more race days than Froome and in the past when AC has won the TDF he as always had wins be it P.N etc and it did not make him tyred in the TDF. So what makes people think Contador is banking it all on last week, I just don't get how Contador would not have won a WT stage or stage race. Do people really think Contador has not been going all out in these races?:D Anyway I cant wait now just 88 days to go I predict fireworks.

because this time he has serious competition + a different build-up of the season
User avatar LaFlorecita

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing