Register

Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

22 Jun 2013 07:21

Taxus4a wrote:I think we will see a similar Contador or even weaker, so Purito and Valverde will be stronger in the mountains.

People say here Contador did a different progran this year. That is not true. I am spanish and I have read all his statements this years in the spanish newspapers and cycling webs, and he was in Tirreno to win, and he attack in Tirreno to win.

He couldnt do it, as he did others years, puting even haf a minute over the second in the climb.

His ITT was clearly worse than he used to.

Contador was peaking the same or more than Froome did. Froome failed, but he was the strongest in the mountain stage.

If is true he got the flu after that I dont know. But again in Dauphiné he was weaker than in other years. He just was strong in an explosive climb in a short stage, his best parcours.

His race is as other years with Andy, but I think Andy could put some good time on him in the stage of Le Grand Bornard.

But if they wants this thread as a Contador fans thread, maybe would be good dont writte here, and ask some people the same in other threads.

I am not going to write here a lot here for that reason.

Please, do that. Cause you're full of **** as well. You're making **** up and hide it behind the "I'm Spanish" veil.

airstream wrote:You are a person who's able to deal only with your own cycling vision.

And you are full of ****.

Naturally. The original plan was to win all possible races, but when it came to light that he couldn't beat Sky, Contador and Riis had to make up a new version or really switch to it - everything for the Tour.

Even before San Luis he said everything was about the tour so he wouldn't be worried if he didn't win a lot in the preparation races. Sucks for you.
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita

22 Jun 2013 07:23

HCl+HN03 wrote:A question for all Contador fans. Which version of Contaor is the better. The one of Giro-winning 2008 or the Vuelta-winning 2012?

Not a big difference, why?
User avatar LaFlorecita

22 Jun 2013 07:42

LaFlorecita wrote:Please, do that. Cause you're full of **** as well. You're making **** up and hide it behind the "I'm Spanish" veil.

And you are full of ****.

Even before San Luis he said everything was about the tour so he wouldn't be worried if he didn't win a lot in the preparation races. Sucks for you.

Firstly, it would be very kind of you if you stop louting. Drivel you've posted here for last 2 years might become a subject of separate thread, however people handle you peacefully.

He said that only about San Luis and explained that with the late start of pre- season training preparation. Before TA and PV he was saying he was ready to win.
User avatar airstream

22 Jun 2013 07:46

airstream wrote:Firstly, it would be very kind of you if you stop louting. Drivel you've posted here for last 2 years might become a subject of separate thread, however people handle you peacefully.

He said that only about San Luis and explained that with the late start of pre- season training preparation. Before TA and PV he was saying he was ready to win.

Yes, and then he said he should've built a solid base before racing hard. So read his statements please, and don't just go about posting rubbish
User avatar LaFlorecita

22 Jun 2013 07:52

By the way, even the dictionaries don't know what louting/to lout means. Would you be so kind to explain the meaning of said verb?
User avatar LaFlorecita

22 Jun 2013 08:17

lout is to be rude.

Actually I feel sorry about Contador a bit. He got used to riding with feeling of his superiority and it's very difficult to reorganize your tactics. Psychologically hard to ride, knowing that you can pay for any little wrong tactic step. Very very interesting what he prepares for le Tour
User avatar airstream

22 Jun 2013 08:26

LaFlorecita wrote:Yes, and then he said he should've built a solid base before racing hard. So read his statements please, and don't just go about posting rubbish

Might it be possible for you to react to airstream without quoting him all the time? I and probably many others have him on ignore and people quoting him kinda defeats the purpose.
Dutchsmurf

22 Jun 2013 08:34

lout is to be rude.

It's a noun. There is no part of the English Language where Lout is a verb

more BS!!
I'm in shape...Round is a shape
Unashamed Contador Fanboy

http://www.justcycling.myfastforum.org
User avatar Siriuscat

22 Jun 2013 08:35

Dutchsmurf wrote:Might it be possible for you to react to airstream without quoting him all the time? I and probably many others have him on ignore and people quoting him kinda defeats the purpose.

Yeh ignore function is a bit flawed. It should ignore quotes from ignored people as well.
User avatar Kwibus

22 Jun 2013 08:45

Dutchsmurf wrote:Might it be possible for you to react to airstream without quoting him all the time? I and probably many others have him on ignore and people quoting him kinda defeats the purpose.

Okay

Siriuscat wrote:It's a noun. There is no part of the English Language where Lout is a verb

more BS!!

Haha I know right
User avatar LaFlorecita

22 Jun 2013 09:03

Siriuscat wrote:It's a noun. There is no part of the English Language where Lout is a verb

more BS!!

You are a weak linguist as I see despite English is your 1st language. In informal speech (forum is part of it) nouns can transform into verbs and adjectives. Damn, I'm shocked that you didn't know about that.:)
User avatar airstream

22 Jun 2013 09:04

LaFlorecita wrote:Not a big difference, why?

Just intrested, nothing else.

In the first he had raced alot and was un-preperad, in the other he was well-preprared but hadnt race. Still the result came out about the same. Hard to draw one conclusion just from that, but intrestning to think about.
HCl+HN03

22 Jun 2013 09:10

Airstream :o :o please, give it a rest
User avatar LaFlorecita

22 Jun 2013 09:20

Kwibus wrote:Yeh ignore function is a bit flawed. It should ignore quotes from ignored people as well.

This. +1

As I'm sure I'm not the only one, can people please stop quoting air in this particular topic.
Thanks.
peloton

22 Jun 2013 09:21

Your arrogance knows no bounds Airstream. Now you are rewriting our language for us.....Incredible!

As a physicist I'm no linguist but the classical English language courses we did at University said nothing about creating pointless words to suit your message.

The closest word is LOOTING which means to steal, to thieve in the context of a riot. It's obviously your intention to create chaos in here so looting the English Language to suit your aims would be right in character. Go away and give us peace, find a thread where people want to agree with you and you can spout BS to each other all day!
I'm in shape...Round is a shape
Unashamed Contador Fanboy

http://www.justcycling.myfastforum.org
User avatar Siriuscat

22 Jun 2013 09:23

LaFlorecita wrote:Airstream :o :o please, give it a rest

Florecita,Alberto will not take part in the national championships?Yesterday was the time trial in Spain and he was nowhere to be seen.At least the road race?
calinmarian

22 Jun 2013 09:30

calinmarian wrote:Florecita,Alberto will not take part in the national championships?Yesterday was the time trial in Spain and he was nowhere to be seen.At least the road race?

He will not participate if he feels his preparations for tdf are going as planned. So I think he will not start. Not cool though because I guess he could have won.
User avatar LaFlorecita

22 Jun 2013 09:38

airstream wrote:
Contador never bumped into a rival like Froome.

Oh boy :rolleyes:

So you are saying Froome is far more superior than LA ever was.

A totally juiced and ****ed up LA who were totally dominating the sport for years, also when he rode with and against AC, would be no match for todays Froome who came from zero to hero in under 1 year...

Are you even aware what it is you are saying? Or are you just on cruise mode, writes what ever comes to your mind that can somehow make an argument to prove your point, even how far out it always is.

Mods, I thought all this trolling were a reason to get banned. Please do something.
User avatar xrayvision

22 Jun 2013 09:38

This thread just keeps giving, even my fav taxus himself taking part now.
Testing the bounds of reality.
User avatar Zam_Olyas

22 Jun 2013 09:42

Zam_Olyas wrote:This thread just keeps giving, even my fav taxus himself taking part now.

zam some comments from your second favorite cyclist of all time

[url]http://teamsaxotinkoff.com/ny_news.asp?n_id=4080\[/url]

What would a victory for Alberto mean for you?

“Personally, a victory by Alberto in the 2013 Tour de France would be a huge thrill and feel of achievement. When you see how much passion and belief Alberto has day in and day out in what he is doing, it's impossible to not feel emotional. Like all great leaders he brings the best out of his team and I can't wait to get things going,” concludes Team Saxo-Tinkoff's Michael Rogers.
User avatar LaFlorecita

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing