Log in:  

Register

Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

22 Jun 2013 09:43

Zam_Olyas wrote:This thread just keeps giving, even my fav taxus himself taking part now.


8500 posts in one thread is not lying :D
User avatar xrayvision
Junior Member
 
Posts: 640
Joined: 15 Jan 2013 20:33

22 Jun 2013 09:47

xrayvision wrote:Oh boy :rolleyes:

So you are saying Froome is far more superior than LA ever was.

No comparisons. Just set of skills, climbing and TTing


A totally juiced and ****ed up LA who were totally dominating the sport for years, also when he rode with and against AC, would be no match for todays Froome who came from zero to hero in under 1 year...

Оne can award riders one dislikes with the same epithets. You do it with Armstrong. No wonder


Are you even aware what it is you are saying? Or are you just on cruise mode, writes what ever comes to your mind that can somehow make an argument to prove your point, even how far out it always is.

Surely, it is saying about huge fan grievance. Fans don't want to admit that Contador can lose the most prestigious for years GT to some ... [extremely undeserved winner, to put it mildly]. You and many others suppose Contador should win because this victory would сrown his GT era, which is more than enough for you. Nonetheless, other riders think differently on that. Yes, it's a problem, I see.

Tbh, I fail to see any argument in your statements. Comparing LA and Froome proves anything?
User avatar airstream
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,283
Joined: 29 Mar 2011 18:32
Location: Minsk

22 Jun 2013 09:50

LaFlorecita wrote:zam some comments from your second favorite cyclist of all time

[url]http://teamsaxotinkoff.com/ny_news.asp?n_id=4080\[/url]

What would a victory for Alberto mean for you?

“Personally, a victory by Alberto in the 2013 Tour de France would be a huge thrill and feel of achievement. When you see how much passion and belief Alberto has day in and day out in what he is doing, it's impossible to not feel emotional. Like all great leaders he brings the best out of his team and I can't wait to get things going,” concludes Team Saxo-Tinkoff's Michael Rogers.


I am still sad that the mods closed my thread on Mickey a year ago. :D
Testing the bounds of reality.
User avatar Zam_Olyas
Senior Member
 
Posts: 8,118
Joined: 30 Sep 2011 10:17
Location: Rubber Plantation.

22 Jun 2013 10:03

airstream wrote:No comparisons. Just set of skills, climbing and TTing


Оne can award riders one dislikes with the same epithets. You do it with Armstrong. No wonder

Surely, it is saying about huge fan grievance. Fans don't want to admit that Contador can lose the most prestigious for years GT to some ... [extremely undeserved winner, to put it mildly]. You and many others suppose Contador should win because this victory would сrown his GT era, which is more than enough for you. Nonetheless, other riders think differently on that. Yes, it's a problem, I see.

Tbh, I fail to see any argument in your statements. Comparing LA and Froome proves anything?


First of all you dont know s h i t about what expectations I have to either AC or anybody else during the tour, so please stop all your endless bs trying to put words in peoples mouth, especially mine. You keep talking about what other people thinks and what their opinions is based upon, it´s in your head, try shaking it air, trust me, nothing bad can happen if you try it.
User avatar xrayvision
Junior Member
 
Posts: 640
Joined: 15 Jan 2013 20:33

22 Jun 2013 10:17

airstream wrote:No comparisons. Just set of skills, climbing and TTing


Оne can award riders one dislikes with the same epithets. You do it with Armstrong. No wonder

Surely, it is saying about huge fan grievance. Fans don't want to admit that Contador can lose the most prestigious for years GT to some ... [extremely undeserved winner, to put it mildly]. You and many others suppose Contador should win because this victory would сrown his GT era, which is more than enough for you. Nonetheless, other riders think differently on that. Yes, it's a problem, I see.

As you are so ****ing confident:o,do you want an avatar bet of Contador/Froome winning le Tour?


As for Froome as best rival,I think Andy in 2010 and Rassmussen in 2007 are better.Froome will never have climbing like this:rolleyes:
Alberto Contador fanboy
Proud Participant of a Thrilling Foxxy's GGTG 2014-15
User avatar ILovecycling
Senior Member
 
Posts: 8,203
Joined: 04 Aug 2010 12:00
Location: Prague

22 Jun 2013 10:26

ILovecycling wrote:As you are so ****ing confident:o,do you want an avatar bet of Contador/Froome winning le Tour?


As for Froome as best rival,I think Andy in 2010 and Rassmussen in 2007 are better.Froome will never have climbing like this:rolleyes:


Very true, +1

Then again we don't know how Froome's gonna perform this tdf so we gotta see.
webbie146
Junior Member
 
Posts: 941
Joined: 17 Oct 2011 09:28

22 Jun 2013 10:27

ILovecycling wrote:As you are so ****ing confident:o,do you want an avatar bet of Contador/Froome winning le Tour?


As for Froome as best rival,I think Andy in 2010 and Rassmussen in 2007 are better.Froome will never have climbing like this:rolleyes:


This cue is even more confident. Why? Froome's got all necessary elements. He's an excellent mountain sprinter which provides explosiveness of his punch. He's a great TTer which automatically means he's able to ride uphill in a high steady tempo. That's it. His Tour Ospedale is a matter of the nearest future. His climbing manner is probably not so spectacar. I agree on that. But spectacle and strength always don't coincide.
User avatar airstream
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,283
Joined: 29 Mar 2011 18:32
Location: Minsk

22 Jun 2013 10:33

ILovecycling wrote:As for Froome as best rival,I think Andy in 2010 and Rassmussen in 2007 are better.Froome will never have climbing like this:rolleyes:


Totally agree about contador and his rivals. Froome isn't his toughest opponent by a long shot. lance was probably his toughest psychologically - he made the whole team ride against contador and drop him on a flat stage. Whereas in the 2010 schleck was his toughest physically - he only pulled that one off with schleck dropping his chain and an (un)lucky piece of steak.

froomes abilities are miles below Rasmussen, 2010 schleck and even lance (strategically). I have no clue who will win, but froome's climbing abilities are far inferior to all those mentioned, and even lance post comeback at times..
nick101
Junior Member
 
Posts: 317
Joined: 12 Jun 2013 01:28

22 Jun 2013 10:37

nick101 wrote:Totally agree about contador and his rivals. Froome isn't his toughest opponent by a long shot. lance was probably his toughest psychologically - he made the whole team ride against contador and drop him on a flat stage. Whereas in the 2010 schleck was his toughest physically - he only pulled that one off with schleck dropping his chain and an (un)lucky piece of steak.

froomes abilities are miles below Rasmussen, 2010 schleck and even lance (strategically). I have no clue who will win, but froome's climbing abilities are far inferior to all those mentioned, and even lance post comeback at times..


Stop with writing incorrect stuff. Contador lost 20 seconds on a flat tire in the cobbles stage where he already got behind cause of a crash. Why is this never mentioned?
thehog wrote:JV if you truly wish to save cycling.

Do something.

You know it's not real.

Your Garmin guys are getting killed.
User avatar Miburo
Senior Member
 
Posts: 6,986
Joined: 29 Jul 2012 19:33

22 Jun 2013 10:39

webbie146 wrote:Very true, +1

Then again we don't know how Froome's gonna perform this tdf so we gotta see.


In short you prefer to rate Froome lower than Contador just based on the fact you didn't see him beating Contador in Grand Tours?
User avatar airstream
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,283
Joined: 29 Mar 2011 18:32
Location: Minsk

22 Jun 2013 10:40

Miburo wrote:Stop with writing incorrect stuff. Contador lost 20 seconds on a flat tire in the cobbles stage where he already got behind cause of a crash. Why is this never mentioned?


because it wasn't significant and didn't affect the overall result. he wasn't placed well, his own fault but it didn't cost him much time. I'm pretty sure andy also punctured btw. both had mechanicals, schleck just had a particularly bad one
nick101
Junior Member
 
Posts: 317
Joined: 12 Jun 2013 01:28

22 Jun 2013 10:42

airstream wrote:This cue is even more confident. Why? Froome's got all necessary elements. He's an excellent mountain sprinter which provides explosiveness of his punch. He's a great TTer which automatically means he's able to ride uphill in a high steady tempo. That's it. His Tour Ospedale is a matter of the nearest future. His climbing manner is probably not so spectacar. I agree on that. But spectacle and strength always don't coincide.


No its not,and he hasnt.As his height is 1.86m he is not natural climber and as for accelaration (explosivness) he is nowhere near Andy and Rassmussen like i said before.He cant react on Contador(or Purito or someone explossive) attacks immediately.His TT is great thats true.
Alberto Contador fanboy
Proud Participant of a Thrilling Foxxy's GGTG 2014-15
User avatar ILovecycling
Senior Member
 
Posts: 8,203
Joined: 04 Aug 2010 12:00
Location: Prague

22 Jun 2013 10:45

airstream wrote:In short you prefer to rate Froome lower than Contador just based on the fact you didn't see him beating Contador in Grand Tours?


Are you surprised?GT is tottaly different to other races,its about recovery and mental strenght too.
Alberto Contador fanboy
Proud Participant of a Thrilling Foxxy's GGTG 2014-15
User avatar ILovecycling
Senior Member
 
Posts: 8,203
Joined: 04 Aug 2010 12:00
Location: Prague

22 Jun 2013 10:48

ILovecycling wrote:No its not,and he hasnt.As his height is 1.86m he is not natural climber and as for accelaration (explosivness) he is nowhere near Andy and Rassmussen like i said before.He cant react on Contador(or Purito or someone explossive) attacks immediately.His TT is great thats true.


he has a decent mountain sprint. even tho I strongly dislike froome and his bunch of girls at team sky, he does have an alright acceleration. 2011 vuelta a espana really impressed me with his attack. He's not really an explosive climber, more a pre 2006 basso.
nick101
Junior Member
 
Posts: 317
Joined: 12 Jun 2013 01:28

22 Jun 2013 10:52

ILovecycling wrote:No its not,and he hasnt.As his height is 1.86m he is not natural climber and as for accelaration (explosivness) he is nowhere near Andy and Rassmussen like i said before.He cant react on Contador(or Purito or someone explossive) attacks immediately.His TT is great thats true.


Hm at the expense of what he beat Evans and Contador in sprint then? Criterion of height is about nothing. There's a lot of tall guys in our generation (Andy 186, VanGarderen 185, Nibali 183, Taarmae 185, Hesjedal 188...). In fact their number is not less than number of medium height guys. And based on these numbers you offer to distinguish natural and unnatural climbers? :o He doesn't do this, because he always has teammates and it would be foolish to burn matches early. When he will be mano-to-mano, he'll catch them. Moverover, as we know, Froome doesn't like to catch anyone, he prefers to counter attack instantly.
User avatar airstream
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,283
Joined: 29 Mar 2011 18:32
Location: Minsk

22 Jun 2013 10:58

nick101 wrote:he has a decent mountain sprint. even tho I strongly dislike froome and his bunch of girls at team sky, he does have an alright acceleration. 2011 vuelta a espana really impressed me with his attack. He's not really an explosive climber, more a pre 2006 basso.

Evans also has a good mountain sprint. Doesn't change the fact that he is not a natural climber.
Cancellara is like The Black Album. Really good but way overrated.
User avatar Netserk
Senior Member
 
Posts: 16,503
Joined: 30 Apr 2011 13:10
Location: Denmark

22 Jun 2013 11:01

airstream wrote:Hm at the expense of what he beat Evans and Contador in sprint then?Criterion of height is about nothing. There's a lot of tall guys in our generation (Andy 186, VanGarderen 185, Nibali 183, Taarmae 185, Hesjedal 188...). In fact their number is not less than number of medium height guys. And based on these numbers you offer to distinguish natural and unnatural climbers? :o He doesn't do this, because he always has teammates and it would be foolish to burn matches early. When he will be mano-to-mano, he'll catch them. Moverover, as we know, Froome doesn't like to catch anyone, he prefers to counter attack instantly.


There is a difference between sprint and acceleration in attack.
I know there is a lot of tall guys,but look at them they are much more smoother than Froome(except Hesjedal,and TJVG he is not even a proper climber:o) thats why I dont call him a natural climber.

to the bolded: thats bs,he hasnt got an accelaration for it.

edit:what about that avatar bet?not confident anymore? :o
Alberto Contador fanboy
Proud Participant of a Thrilling Foxxy's GGTG 2014-15
User avatar ILovecycling
Senior Member
 
Posts: 8,203
Joined: 04 Aug 2010 12:00
Location: Prague

22 Jun 2013 11:05

nick101 wrote:because it wasn't significant and didn't affect the overall result. he wasn't placed well, his own fault but it didn't cost him much time. I'm pretty sure andy also punctured btw. both had mechanicals, schleck just had a particularly bad one


Not significant? Of course it was.
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita
Senior Member
 
Posts: 21,256
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

22 Jun 2013 11:07

airstream wrote:Hm at the expense of what he beat Evans and Contador in sprint then? Criterion of height is about nothing. There's a lot of tall guys in our generation (Andy 186, VanGarderen 185, Nibali 183, Taarmae 185, Hesjedal 188...). In fact their number is not less than number of medium height guys. And based on these numbers you offer to distinguish natural and unnatural climbers? :o He doesn't do this, because he always has teammates and it would be foolish to burn matches early. When he will be mano-to-mano, he'll catch them. Moverover, as we know, Froome doesn't like to catch anyone, he prefers to counter attack instantly.


that's incorrect about froome counter attacking immediately. completely wrong. he usually hides behind his team mates and makes them do the work then puts in a sprint within a km to go. the criterium international has been the only the time he's attacked from more than a km out. the stage he won at the dauphine, there was nearly a minutes delay between him attacking and contador ending his acceleration.

evans can climb decent because of his past in mountain biking. he's won the fleche so definitely has a strong sprint. froome only beat evans because he was quite sick with a virus and was struggling badly by the end of the tour
nick101
Junior Member
 
Posts: 317
Joined: 12 Jun 2013 01:28

22 Jun 2013 11:08

ILovecycling wrote:No its not,and he hasnt.As his height is 1.86m he is not natural climber and as for accelaration (explosivness) he is nowhere near Andy and Rassmussen like i said before.He cant react on Contador(or Purito or someone explossive) attacks immediately.His TT is great thats true.


For some reason tall climbers always seem uncomfortable to me
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita
Senior Member
 
Posts: 21,256
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], jflemaire, Yahoo [Bot] and 22 guests

Back to top