Register

Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

22 Jun 2013 16:04

Siriuscat wrote:PS..... just noticed, Satiric Us is an anagram of my user name..... I can think of a great one out of yours :rolleyes:

Sirius Cat check twitter
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita

22 Jun 2013 16:14

LaFlorecita wrote:What I don't understand, is why certain posters only enter this thread to argue with Alberto fans. Is it just me or is that pathetic?:confused:

Airstream acting all superior, talking to me and some other posters as if we're 6 year olds makes me want to cut my own throat. And Taxus4a's 500 words long posts basically saying "I wub Froome and I hate Contador, Froome is god and Contador is devil" are gag-worthy.

And these two posters dare criticize Alberto fans and accuse them of insulting THEM?? WTF.:eek:

Euthanasia is legal there right? :p
Testing the bounds of reality.
User avatar Zam_Olyas

22 Jun 2013 16:18

Zam_Olyas wrote:Euthanasia is legal there right? :p

Omg zam! :D:p
User avatar LaFlorecita

22 Jun 2013 16:21

Carols wrote:So is the, supremely confident in his man Froome, airstream (aka pollution) taking the avatar bet??? Hard to tell with the multiple people I now have on ignore that post on this thread :)

I wonder too.He is not responding to this challange:eek::D
Alberto Contador fanboy
Proud Participant of a Thrilling Foxxy's GGTG 2014-15
User avatar ILovecycling

22 Jun 2013 16:21

airstream wrote:This press release brings nothing new compared to any other ones, but alone phrase 'unlike previous years'.

Any elite GC rider never tries to peak for March or April, because it's not in their plans. They go there to check themselves and compare their form with form of other big guns. A WT 1 week race victory is not a consequence of absolute peak; that's just an yardstick of current preparedness in comparison to others. Or anyone seriously thinks Nibali and Froome intentionally peaked at TA to beat Contador?

So in other words, you believe what you believe no matter facts to the contrary... Good to know.
"The truth is when I race, it's 100% me" Alberto Contador

"I have no intention of being a conformist in this race. Not in the slightest" Alberto Contador

"We should all have more cake. Who doesn’t like cake?" Oleg Tinkov
User avatar Publicus

22 Jun 2013 16:39

LaFlorecita wrote:What I don't understand, is why certain posters only enter this thread to argue with Alberto fans. Is it just me or is that pathetic?:confused:

Airstream acting all superior, talking to me and some other posters as if we're 6 year olds makes me want to cut my own throat. And Taxus4a's 500 words long posts basically saying "I wub Froome and I hate Contador, Froome is god and Contador is devil" are gag-worthy.

And these two posters dare criticize Alberto fans and accuse them of insulting THEM?? WTF.:eek:

Haha omg ^^

Anyone knows what Contador's weight is during a GT?
webbie146

22 Jun 2013 16:40

Publicus wrote:So in other words, you believe what you believe no matter facts to the contrary... Good to know.

Show me articles in which he stated so to speak Algarve, PN, PV were his serious goals ftw earlier, then we'll get some real counterweight with respect to the past. Honestly now I don't see anything like that. He went to Oman and started desperately attacking best of the best. Do you seriously think it's possible in bad shape without 'announced' ftw goals? If I believe him and you, quoting his words, he must start flying like a grasshoper in July and destroy all flesh. I reason quite logically, don't I?
User avatar airstream

22 Jun 2013 16:42

webbie146 wrote:Haha omg ^^

Anyone knows what Contador's weight is during a GT?

I think 61 kg,but Im not sure.
Alberto Contador fanboy
Proud Participant of a Thrilling Foxxy's GGTG 2014-15
User avatar ILovecycling

22 Jun 2013 16:59

Airstream, im not bothering to quote you any more or take your positions too seriously since you suffer from the same confirmation bias you claim only affects Contador fans. Needless to say, Inner Ring isnt regurgitating press release points and bolsters the point I made previously about Contador's approach this year. I think you're a bit worried since you've been dancing on Contador's grave a bit, so you reject the possibility that it is true that he hasn't peaked for any race yet--conversely I'm not certain it is true but im not willing dismiss the possibility until he lines up at the tour.

A week from now we'll start to get our answer...

"I have no intention of being a conformist in this race. Not in the slightest" Alberto Contador

User avatar Publicus

22 Jun 2013 17:05

Netserk wrote:Evans also has a good mountain sprint. Doesn't change the fact that he is not a natural climber.

Odd thing to say. Surely how good you are as a climber is simply measured on how fast you climb - not on how 'natural' a climber you are?

Sounds suspiciously like you want marks for Artistic Impression in cycling!

I don't really see the value in 'looking' like a climber. Actually climbing like one always struck me as a somewhat more relevant criteria.
Sometimes, I wish all the bits of my life had an ignore button...

hrotha wrote:Following pro cycling is like reading A Song of Ice and Fire. You better not get too attached to any of the characters.

Opinions are a bit like a**eholes. Everybody has one, and they are often full of the same thing.
User avatar martinvickers

22 Jun 2013 17:08

ILovecycling wrote:I think 61 kg,but Im not sure.

Hmm alright thank u!
webbie146

22 Jun 2013 17:20

Publicus wrote:Airstream, im not bothering to quote you any more or take your positions too seriously since you suffer from the same confirmation bias you claim only affects Contador fans. Needless to say, Inner Ring isnt regurgitating press release points and bolsters the point I made previously about Contador's approach this year. I think you're a bit worried since you've been dancing on Contador's grave a bit, so you reject the possibility that it is true that he hasn't peaked for any race yet--conversely I'm not certain it is true but im not willing dismiss the possibility until he lines up at the tour.

A week from now we'll start to get our answer...

I don't reject this. I'm saying it's a typical approach for anyone who wants to win the Tour.
User avatar airstream

22 Jun 2013 18:52

martinvickers wrote:Odd thing to say. Surely how good you are as a climber is simply measured on how fast you climb - not on how 'natural' a climber you are?

Sounds suspiciously like you want marks for Artistic Impression in cycling!

I don't really see the value in 'looking' like a climber. Actually climbing like one always struck me as a somewhat more relevant criteria.

I don't think you understood my post...
Cancellara is like The Black Album. Really good but way overrated.
User avatar Netserk

22 Jun 2013 18:52

Afrank wrote:Or maybe if you don't want to read someones posts, just don't read them, scroll by. It's getting pretty ridiculous that people keep telling Airstream to stop posting and others to stop replying to him just because they don't like what he's writing. It's a discussion forum, and Airstream is perfectly entitled to his opinion and writing his opinion.

That is the point.
If I write a long post is just to argue what a think, or to show why I dont agree with some statement.
I am sorry this is not a Contador fans thread. I see that in Froome thread or in others, people go and do the same as in normal.

Do you think that the normal thing in the Tour is that Alberto will be strong becouse ha wasnt peaking all the year, and he can face Froome and the other contenders. Well, nobody is telling you dont write that, so if other people think other way, it is the same, we can came here and argue, because that means a forum.

We are not accusing anybody of insult as Florecilla said, but yes to say: you are trolling, I can tell you what I want because your opinion doesnt mind, take a rest...it is all lie, and we dont do the same.

By the way, Will be Contador tomorrow in Bembibre? It would be good news or bad news?
User avatar Taxus4a

22 Jun 2013 19:07

airstream wrote:This press release brings nothing new compared to any other ones, but alone phrase 'unlike previous years'.

Any elite GC rider never tries to peak for March or April, because it's not in their plans. They go there to check themselves and compare their form with form of other big guns. A WT 1 week race victory is not a consequence of absolute peak; that's just an yardstick of current preparedness in comparison to others. Or anyone seriously thinks Nibali and Froome intentionally peaked at TA to beat Contador?

It is not the same peak than for the Tour, but anyway they peaked, it is a peak into the way for the Tour, but they test themseves at his best or close to it. For Nibali Tirreno is a big objetive.

Anyway I understand what you mean.

One of the best performances of Contador has been in Arrate in 2009.

As well in Paris Nice he did an unbelieveble prologue, puting some time with Tony Martin, for instance, at 52 Km/h

I dont think that Froome peaked more than Contador, in any case.

That for me is peaking, a good level and after that take a rest before build up again.

Anyway Contador has won Algarve and other races far away of his best shape, he has that capacity that Andy has not. Tha same for Valverde, Evans,...

To do that Froome must follow SKy program and start seriously in December to train, but anyway he wasnt in Oman at his best, he wasnt yet this year, for that he is the favourite, becouse he won some races at 90 % shape, and he can improve.
User avatar Taxus4a

22 Jun 2013 19:16

Siriuscat wrote:A capricious kid....thanks for the compliment, I haven't been called a kid in 20 years or more... :D (I always preferred precocious ;) )

Plain and simple Airstream, you are a nonentity keyboard warrior like the rest of us, your posts and opinions make you out to be a bit of a troll which is disappointing, I have read one or two positive things you've said.

However you come into this thread and present the counter arguement to everything Alberto and you expect us to believe and respect your views which in most cases are pure BS. You have no more idea what's happening than any of the rest of us.

Debate is about discussing an issue to find common ground not ranting about why one rider will fail in your case Contador. I'm not a big fan of Andy Schleck but as I've said often, if he'd man up and show us what he is capable of I'd want to watch him. Froome and Sky are too suspicious to me to want to be supportive of them. I've said often enough, debate logically I might respect your views, keep up the bs you get pelters back, have a nice evening.

That made me laugh from an unashamed contador fanboy, what is your beef with froome:D
del1962

22 Jun 2013 20:36

Taxus4a why do you want to know whether he'll ride nats. It's not like you care about him. I guess you care about the nats and don't want AC to tarnish the Spanish national jersey.

And can you get my nick right for once?
User avatar LaFlorecita

22 Jun 2013 21:22

LaFlorecita wrote:Taxus4a why do you want to know whether he'll ride nats. It's not like you care about him. I guess you care about the nats and don't want AC to tarnish the Spanish national jersey.

And can you get my nick right for once?

"dont say you love me just to put it in my face" syndrome eh?

:D
Testing the bounds of reality.
User avatar Zam_Olyas

22 Jun 2013 22:06

Wasn't Contador supposed to ride the nats if he was "feeling good"?
User avatar Parrulo

22 Jun 2013 22:18

Parrulo wrote:Wasn't Contador supposed to ride the nats if he was "feeling good"?

I think it was the opposite. He would only ride if he thought he wasnt on track

Contador will decide at the last minute whether to ride the Spanish National Championships, depending on how he feels in the training sessions just prior to the time trial (June 21) and the road race (June 23). If all goes according to the plan currently in effect, he will not be at the start line in Bembibre.

User avatar Publicus

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing