Register

Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

22 Jun 2013 22:23

Publicus wrote:I think it was the opposite. He would only ride if he thought he wasnt on track

Ahhh, thanks for clearing that out.

I was getting worried, more worried . . . :o
User avatar Parrulo

23 Jun 2013 04:00

a shame he doesn't ride nationals but even then he probably wasn't allowed to win it either way. Some sponsors don't like it that much and a guy like contador won't get extra publicity being the spanish ch. anyways.
thehog wrote:JV if you truly wish to save cycling.

Do something.

You know it's not real.

Your Garmin guys are getting killed.
User avatar Miburo

23 Jun 2013 06:48

LaFlorecita wrote:Taxus4a why do you want to know whether he'll ride nats. It's not like you care about him. I guess you care about the nats and don't want AC to tarnish the Spanish national jersey.

And can you get my nick right for once?

Contador is an important rider, and I dont live very far from Bembibre, so I would like to see him race ;)

Not today, I have just came to party...But I could

You think I hate him, and that is not true...

I would like to know, it is a hard circuit, it suit him more than others, it would be good news to see him against Valverde.

I see he is not riding...
User avatar Taxus4a

23 Jun 2013 14:30

airstream wrote:How?

Lots attacks vs Sky is wittingly losing tactics.

yes we surely saw that during the Vuelta...:rolleyes:
User avatar xrayvision

23 Jun 2013 14:36

airstream wrote:This cue is even more confident. Why? Froome's got all necessary elements. He's an excellent mountain sprinter which provides explosiveness of his punch. He's a great TTer which automatically means he's able to ride uphill in a high steady tempo. That's it. His Tour Ospedale is a matter of the nearest future. His climbing manner is probably not so spectacar. I agree on that. But spectacle and strength always don't coincide.

All this?

It´s just hilarious! :D Did you miss the Vuelta last year?
User avatar xrayvision

23 Jun 2013 14:57

Oh yeah, apparently the Vuelta where Froome obviously was on remain of his form is a massive argument. Are you serious? Is it the last prime of hope for you?
User avatar airstream

23 Jun 2013 15:00

airstream wrote:Oh yeah, apparently the Vuelta where Froome obviously was on remain of his form is a massive argument. Are you serious? Is it the last prime of hope for you?

And yet Contador had strength enough that he could've won the Tour in '11....
Cancellara is like The Black Album. Really good but way overrated.
User avatar Netserk

23 Jun 2013 15:06

Netserk wrote:And yet Contador had strength enough that he could've won the Tour in '11....

utopian myth. 5-10 people would agree with that on here
User avatar airstream

23 Jun 2013 15:11

airstream wrote:utopian myth. 5-10 people would agree with that on here

Just because you don't like it, doesn't make it a myth :rolleyes:
Cancellara is like The Black Album. Really good but way overrated.
User avatar Netserk

23 Jun 2013 15:20

Netserk wrote:Just because you don't like it, doesn't make it a myth :rolleyes:

Well said.
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita

23 Jun 2013 15:24

I'm neutral to it by virtue of obvious answer
User avatar airstream

23 Jun 2013 15:35

I really don't see it either. Not that I know if I have any more credibility to you guys, but there were a couple of guys stronger as I see it. Maybe also Fränk, but definitely Andy and Cadel.
User avatar The Blues

23 Jun 2013 15:39

If Contador didn't have bad luck he would have podium'd it, that's a fact. Froome didn't even podium the vuelta and i think we can all agree that podiuming the tour is a bit harder than the vuelta.

And the giro 2011 was way harder than the tour 2012, no way denying that.

Contador had even crashed which could have slowed down his progress, how much is unsure though.

Contador's tour 2011 was way more impressive than what Froome did in the vuelta. Heck after froome's vuelta many had more respect for what contador was able to do in the tour.
thehog wrote:JV if you truly wish to save cycling.

Do something.

You know it's not real.

Your Garmin guys are getting killed.
User avatar Miburo

23 Jun 2013 15:44

The result is everything that matters. Froome finished higher
User avatar airstream

23 Jun 2013 15:46

xrayvision wrote:All this?

It´s just hilarious! :D Did you miss the Vuelta last year?

The Vuelta was his first year he rode two GT, and been the first time he attempt to be up in GC in both of them, and he got it...2nd and 4th. But the problem is that he dont take a rest in his shape, he was on top shape for the olimpics...it is not the same as Evans this year...he went to the Giro in a good shape, but just to built up for the TdF, and after Giro he take a rest

Next time will be different. I dont know if he could win two GT in a year, but maybe.

Froome was very strong last year in TdF, at the begining and at the end
User avatar Taxus4a

23 Jun 2013 15:56

The Blues wrote:I really don't see it either. Not that I know if I have any more credibility to you guys, but there were a couple of guys stronger as I see it. Maybe also Fränk, but definitely Andy and Cadel.

Contador had a knee problem that affect him on the Pyrenees (nobody attacked seriously there), but after the two rest days he was ok. He did two good stages before Galibier, so that means he wasnt tired, nor more tired than other years. He did a good final ITT, so that means he didnt finish tired. at least other years as in 2010 his final ITT was worse (considerating wind change, he could have been top ten, but no more, with Andy close).

So, for me, if he failed in Galibier, or he couldnt get the stage in Alp dhuez and take more time, wasnt a problem of the Giro, or the influence was very little. There were stronger people for that stages, at least in Galibier, IMO.
User avatar Taxus4a

23 Jun 2013 15:58

Miburo wrote:a shame he doesn't ride nationals but even then he probably wasn't allowed to win it either way. Some sponsors don't like it that much and a guy like contador won't get extra publicity being the spanish ch. anyways.

Spanish nationals have become a race of Movistar vs rest of the world, where Movistar always wins.
icefire

23 Jun 2013 16:00

Airstream brings new meaning to the (American) phrase: hater. He just doesn't want to acknowledge Contador's place in cycling. Sad really.
"The truth is when I race, it's 100% me" Alberto Contador

"I have no intention of being a conformist in this race. Not in the slightest" Alberto Contador

"We should all have more cake. Who doesn’t like cake?" Oleg Tinkov
User avatar Publicus

23 Jun 2013 16:02

Miburo wrote:If Contador didn't have bad luck he would have podium'd it, that's a fact. Froome didn't even podium the vuelta and i think we can all agree that podiuming the tour is a bit harder than the vuelta.

And the giro 2011 was way harder than the tour 2012, no way denying that.

Contador had even crashed which could have slowed down his progress, how much is unsure though.

Contador's tour 2011 was way more impressive than what Froome did in the vuelta. Heck after froome's vuelta many had more respect for what contador was able to do in the tour.

This. All of it.
"The truth is when I race, it's 100% me" Alberto Contador

"I have no intention of being a conformist in this race. Not in the slightest" Alberto Contador

"We should all have more cake. Who doesn’t like cake?" Oleg Tinkov
User avatar Publicus

23 Jun 2013 16:02

Mørkøv won the nationals, sorry we can´t see him wearing the jersey in the tour, he truly deserved it.
User avatar xrayvision

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing