Register

Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

23 Jun 2013 16:06

Publicus wrote:This. All of it.

What ' a lot of it'??? What is harder on course Tour 11 or Vuelta was tactically passed over in silence, on which race the opponents were stronger too.
User avatar airstream

23 Jun 2013 16:12

Taxus4a wrote:The Vuelta was his first year he rode two GT, and been the first time he attempt to be up in GC in both of them, and he got it...2nd and 4th. But the problem is that he dont take a rest in his shape, he was on top shape for the olimpics...it is not the same as Evans this year...he went to the Giro in a good shape, but just to built up for the TdF, and after Giro he take a rest

Next time will be different. I dont know if he could win two GT in a year, but maybe.

Froome was very strong last year in TdF, at the begining and at the end

Your comparison to the tour is a bit weak, I think we can agree on that the competition in that tour was as bad as it was in 2008.
And to repeat Sir Brailsfords own words prior to the Vuelta...Froome is rested from the tour and is in top condition!!
User avatar xrayvision

23 Jun 2013 16:13

airstream wrote:What ' a lot of it'??? What is harder on course Tour 11 or Vuelta was tactically pass over in silence, on which race the opponents were stronger too.

I presume you can read (though it is clear you struggle with comprehension), so you understand the rather simple forum phrase "This." Now as to your question, which Vuelta 2011 or 2012? And if the point here is to compare Contador's 2011 double to Froome's 2012 double, shouldnt we look at the 2011 Giro course as well?
"The truth is when I race, it's 100% me" Alberto Contador

"I have no intention of being a conformist in this race. Not in the slightest" Alberto Contador

"We should all have more cake. Who doesn’t like cake?" Oleg Tinkov
User avatar Publicus

23 Jun 2013 16:29

Alberto Contador ‏@albertocontador 33m
Today has been the last hard training, with a leg pain...!!!Now,to recover well,that on Saturday starts the Tour. #6daystogo #Tour

Jonathan Vaughters ‏@Vaughters 22m
@albertocontador A leg pain? Injury? Out of the Tour??!! #startingrumors...teehee

:)
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita

23 Jun 2013 16:34

airstream wrote:The result is everything that matters. Froome finished higher

Yep that 10 minute gap wasn't as vast as it appeared.:rolleyes:
"It's a little bit scarey when Contador attacks." Tommie Voeckler
User avatar Angliru

23 Jun 2013 16:36

LaFlorecita wrote:Alberto Contador ‏@albertocontador 33m
Today has been the last hard training, with a leg pain...!!!Now,to recover well,that on Saturday starts the Tour. #6daystogo #Tour

@albertocontador A leg pain? Injury? Out of the Tour??!! #startingrumors...teehee

:D Just hard training, it´s supposed to hurt JV....:cool:
User avatar xrayvision

23 Jun 2013 16:40

Angliru wrote:Yep that 10 minute gap wasn't as vast as it appeared.:rolleyes:

really huh, result is more important, let's not look at what race, how the rider in question raced and the time difference :rolleyes:

4th at Vuelta, 10 minutes back, nowhere to be seen in the second half of the race

5th at Tour, 5 minutes back, crashed a lot and lost 1'20" on the first stage due to a crash, attacked all the time
User avatar LaFlorecita

23 Jun 2013 16:49

Parrulo wrote:Ahhh, thanks for clearing that out.

I was getting worried, more worried . . . :o

It seems to work both ways with Contador. In 2010 he didn't ride it (the tt) because he wasnt feeling good (though that was illlness).

In 2011 he did ride it to get some form.
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago

journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch

23 Jun 2013 16:53

xrayvision wrote:Your comparison to the tour is a bit weak, I think we can agree on that the competition in that tour was as bad as it was in 2008.
And to repeat Sir Brailsfords own words prior to the Vuelta...Froome is rested from the tour and is in top condition!!

He was at the begining, in Arrate, an explosive climb that suit better to Valverde, Purito or Contador, he managed to follow him, after a lot of attacks from Contador.

But if Brailsford thought really the risk with him in his first year with two GT wasnt hight, and he wouldnt affect at the end he has a lot to learn about road race.

Uran would be a better choice, but he was thinking in Lombardia, so he doesnt care a lot and didnt ask the team for that, and he soft pedaling a little helping Froome, I know him. And that was good, he won later Piemonte and did poidum at Lombardia.
User avatar Taxus4a

23 Jun 2013 16:56

LaFlorecita wrote:Alberto Contador ‏@albertocontador 33m

lol.. vaughters starting rumour... niceeee...:D
User avatar Jelantik

23 Jun 2013 16:57

Angliru wrote:Yep that 10 minute gap wasn't as vast as it appeared.:rolleyes:

Is it quintessence his strength like a stage racer or evaluation criterion for the Tour?

What's more importand, final spot or gap?
User avatar airstream

23 Jun 2013 16:59

Jelantik wrote:lol.. vaughters starting rumour... niceeee...:D

:D

Anyway I cant see that, did he delete it?

Contador always refers to "dolor de piernas": pain leg, when he has had a hard training or a hard stage, sometimes after a good win.

It is a possitive message
User avatar Taxus4a

23 Jun 2013 17:17

LaFlorecita wrote:really huh, result is more important, let's not look at what race, how the rider in question raced and the time difference :rolleyes:

4th at Vuelta, 10 minutes back, nowhere to be seen in the second half of the race

5th at Tour, 5 minutes back, crashed a lot and lost 1'20" on the first stage due to a crash, attacked all the time

In this I am with you. Contador Tour was better. Clearly, he just was "bad" a day. Five days before finish people was considering him still the favourite to win

But for me it is not the same to do Nats as a built up than Olimpic as an important objetive.

But the important different for me is that it was first time Froome did two GT in a year. For Contador was the first time he did it with one month difference, but anyway it is note the same.

When Alberto won giro and Vuelta the same year, Levi was better not considering time bonus and help, in la Vuelta, and Contador didnt finish very strong. and that considering there is a long time between Giro and Vuelta.

Froome is not so young in age, but still not only is learning important things in cycling, but as well his body is learning new situations.

If you want the "spanish opinion", I was in the (famous) spanish party yesterday night, talked with tipycal football followers that watch the Tour and Vuelta, and they are with Contador, thinking difficult, but he could win, and other thing are with you that cant write here... so... you would be happy here :p
User avatar Taxus4a

23 Jun 2013 17:48

Taxus4a wrote:In this I am with you. Contador Tour was better. Clearly, he just was "bad" a day. Five days before finish people was considering him still the favourite to win

But for me it is not the same to do Nats as a built up than Olimpic as an important objetive.

But the important different for me is that it was first time Froome did two GT in a year. For Contador was the first time he did it with one month difference, but anyway it is note the same.

When Alberto won giro and Vuelta the same year, Levi was better not considering time bonus and help, in la Vuelta, and Contador didnt finish very strong. and that considering there is a long time between Giro and Vuelta.

Froome is not so young in age, but still not only is learning important things in cycling, but as well his body is learning new situations.

If you want the "spanish opinion", I was in the (famous) spanish party yesterday night, talked with tipycal football followers that watch the Tour and Vuelta, and they are with Contador, thinking difficult, but he could win, and other thing are with you that cant write here... so... you would be happy here :p

:confused:

User avatar LaFlorecita

23 Jun 2013 18:02

Taxus4a wrote:He was at the begining, in Arrate, an explosive climb that suit better to Valverde, Purito or Contador, he managed to follow him, after a lot of attacks from Contador.

But if Brailsford thought really the risk with him in his first year with two GT wasnt hight, and he wouldnt affect at the end he has a lot to learn about road race.

Uran would be a better choice, but he was thinking in Lombardia, so he doesnt care a lot and didnt ask the team for that, and he soft pedaling a little helping Froome, I know him. And that was good, he won later Piemonte and did poidum at Lombardia.

And Lance is never tested positive...
So you think Brailsfard must be joking, or he have no idea what he´s doing.
Running the most successful team the last 2 years, turning half the team into future tour winners, and claiming the only true opponent to Froome would have been Wiggo if he had ridden the tour.
He sure as hell knows something we don´t.
So now its suddenly an argument that Froomey rode the tour, but it isn´t that AC had been outside competition more than a year prior to the Vuelta.
Brailsford were dead serious when he said Froome was ready, and he expected him to win, make no mistake, as he expects him to win the tour this time.

Nobody here knows who´s in better shape, or who will win it, arguing about season results and use it to predict the outcome of a forth coming race based on it is just....airstreamish.
User avatar xrayvision

23 Jun 2013 18:07

xrayvision wrote:And Lance is never tested positive...
Running the most successful team the last 2 years, turning half the team into future tour winners, and claiming the only true opponent to Froome would have been Wiggo if he had ridden the tour.
So now its suddenly an argument that Froomey rode the tour, but it isn´t that AC had been outside competition more than a year prior to the Vuelta.
Brailsford were dead serious when he said Froome was ready, and he expected him to win, make no mistake, as he expects him to win the tour this time.

Nobody here knows who´s in better shape, or who will win it, arguing about season results and use it to predict the outcome of a forth coming race based on it is just....airstreamish.

You are so funny with your black and white visions. Declaring about top conditions guarantees that a rider will be very good during 3 weeks or what? Naturally, they said about top conditions, because hoped Froome's rent of form will be enough to fight for the win, though, all that was one global experiment with absolutely unpredictable outcome. Or Brailsford should've had to predict the future special for you?

Aha, to reason like Airstream is to know nothing about cycling.. I got it... :) As I see, you have better criteria for predictions and evaluations than 'mine'?
User avatar airstream

23 Jun 2013 18:29

xrayvision wrote:And Lance is never tested positive...

A team that order to Uran to lost 1 minute and a half in the Giro, the day he was goint to wear pink yersey, just to help Wiggo to loss 5 second less... it is a team that dont know a lot about cycling.

Wiggo wasnt any guarantee, and anyway, always things happends, it is good to have two options till the mountains, if the second option is reliable as uran show last year.

They make a lot of mistakes. They lost the Vuelta having the strongest man and the third one. Froome even sprinted for a 10 km banner. They lost Tirreno been clearly the stronger team... they use the team in bad moments in this Giro for no worthy things and they dont have people for the important moments.

They have good profesionals, physical trainers, methods, money to have always the most comfort in all the ways, and things like that, but they try to handle road as it would be track, what in one way it works, i.e marginal gains, but in other way it doesn´t. With people as Flecha before and now Lopez they have some experience inside, López was signed up for his experience and to be as a director inside the road, becouse they needed.

I dont like usually the way they race, they are lucky to have very good riders, other way they would fail a lot...
User avatar Taxus4a

23 Jun 2013 18:32

What "famous" Spanish party?
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago

journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch

23 Jun 2013 18:33

LOL

On Facebook

Oleg Tinkov
On Saturday, 100th Tour de France edition is starting in Corsica.
Everybody is talking about SKY team and Chris Froome. They are all sure he is going to win.
In contrast, I am very much sure that Alberto Contador will be crowned as the winner on Champ Elisee on July 21st.
I am not going to give you any insights on Team Saxo-Tinkoff, but I guarantee you that the team is super motivated, and our moral is very high. Despite on the very strong Sky roster, thanx to Belorussia:) . I believe that our team is the strongest in the peloton, our manager Bjarne Riis is the smartest and most tactically savvy, and we, sponsors, are behind it.
Alberto is strong and on the peak of his form just in time, he is more experienced and less nervous than Chris.
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!
Мы дадим им прикурить!
User avatar LaFlorecita

23 Jun 2013 18:39

I disagree. If one contemplates like that, anyone can be accused of any defeat. Riders are sometimes weaker on particular days and it's absolutely normal. No one is immune from such situation because it's sport and there's always a loser. As to the Vuelta, I think Sky did it OK. They had a well-tried rider Wiggins and surprisingly strong rider of uncertain quality Froome who in theory could crack on any mountain day and it wouldn't have been a surprise whatsoever. No one knows the future and it's quite ridiculous to reason postfactum in such cases.

Btw, the last sentence means 'we'll kick their a~~es' :D
User avatar airstream

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing