Log in:  

Register

Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

23 Jun 2013 18:41

del1962 wrote:That made me laugh from an unashamed contador fanboy, what is your beef with froome:D


Why did it make you laugh?? He got caught with an amount of a drug that was so infinitismally small it can only measured electronically in his system that he couldn't prove was beef after the UCI gave him that suggestion, that neither UCI nor WADA could prove was a tranfusion and that CAS could pin-point either but suggested it could have been an Energy Drink so was banned on the prinicple that it was in his system.... Read the papers, he's served his ban, he's back.... end of discussion.

Sky and Froome, well we could take on the Geert van Lienders line or the Wiggo's dodgy Blood values from previous tours line or the I've just come back from a major illness and I'm a GT superstar now line. Sky are clean because they haven't been caught yet same as anyone else out there.

Contador - do I trust him to be clean?? Yes as much as the rest of them but I know the reality. He's still brilliant though and brings a buzz to every race he rides.

I'm a bike race fan, pure and simple and over the last 35 years I've developed certain blind spots regarding riders, I know what they really are but I'm still a fan because they bring something to bike racing that keeps me coming back...... Pantani, Kelly, Robert Miller, Hinault, Indurain, Perico, Ullrich, Contador. Wiggo, Froome, Schleck's etc, no Panache, no excitement in their racing.

I can handle the bad stuff because I love bike racing and that's the most important part of any of this.
I'm in shape...Round is a shape
Unashamed Contador Fanboy

http://www.justcycling.myfastforum.org
User avatar Siriuscat
Junior Member
 
Posts: 749
Joined: 24 May 2010 21:39
Location: North East Scotland

23 Jun 2013 18:42

airstream wrote:I disagree. If one contemplates like that, anyone can be accused of any defeat. Riders are sometimes weaker on particular days and it's absolutely normal. No one is immune from such situation because it's sport and there's always a loser. As to the Vuelta, I think Sky did it OK. They had a well-tried rider Wiggins and surprisingly strong rider of uncertain quality Froome who in theory could crack on any mountain day and it wouldn't have been a surprise whatsoever. No one knows the future and it's quite ridiculous to reason postfactum in such cases.

Btw, the last sentence means 'we'll kick their a~~es' :D


reminds me of that time he told someone "suck my d.ick" in russian on twitter :D
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita
Senior Member
 
Posts: 20,253
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

23 Jun 2013 18:50

airstream wrote:I disagree. If one contemplates like that, anyone can be accused of any defeat. Riders are sometimes weaker on particular days and it's absolutely normal. No one is immune from such situation because it's sport and there's always a loser. As to the Vuelta, I think Sky did it OK. They had a well-tried rider Wiggins and surprisingly strong rider of uncertain quality Froome who in theory could crack on any mountain day and it wouldn't have been a surprise whatsoever. No one knows the future and it's quite ridiculous to reason postfactum in such cases.

Btw, the last sentence means 'we'll kick their a~~es' :D


And you must be ready for that.

In the Vuelta Froome was in red, had showed in La Covatilla to be at least as strong than Wiggo in the mountains and beated him at Salamanca ITT, the strong point of Wiggo...so at least dont work, he deserves. It was just the strong leadership of Wiggo into the team that made that.

To have 5 good riders for GTs, and sacrifices all them for one always from the begining, for me is foolish. Use them in other way.

They did ok in the Tour. Froome could have won in other team, maybe, but that was ok, at least considering the weak oposition and how was the route.
User avatar Taxus4a
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,891
Joined: 12 Aug 2012 18:48
Location: Castilla

23 Jun 2013 18:55

The Hitch wrote:What "famous" Spanish party?


When I am abroad, some young people tell me: ou, spanish, very good party...It is not so different, but some people associates Spain and party.
User avatar Taxus4a
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,891
Joined: 12 Aug 2012 18:48
Location: Castilla

23 Jun 2013 18:58

Miburo wrote:If Contador didn't have bad luck he would have podium'd it, that's a fact. Froome didn't even podium the vuelta and i think we can all agree that podiuming the tour is a bit harder than the vuelta.

And the giro 2011 was way harder than the tour 2012, no way denying that.

Contador had even crashed which could have slowed down his progress, how much is unsure though.

Contador's tour 2011 was way more impressive than what Froome did in the vuelta. Heck after froome's vuelta many had more respect for what contador was able to do in the tour.


What Milburo said......
I'm in shape...Round is a shape
Unashamed Contador Fanboy

http://www.justcycling.myfastforum.org
User avatar Siriuscat
Junior Member
 
Posts: 749
Joined: 24 May 2010 21:39
Location: North East Scotland

23 Jun 2013 19:02

The Hitch wrote:What "famous" Spanish party?


Armada 1588 ..... ;0)
I'm in shape...Round is a shape
Unashamed Contador Fanboy

http://www.justcycling.myfastforum.org
User avatar Siriuscat
Junior Member
 
Posts: 749
Joined: 24 May 2010 21:39
Location: North East Scotland

23 Jun 2013 19:04

Tinkov has inside info, how foolish you may think the man is in cycling he has insight. Not even airstream can deny that (i think :o).

Contador will be ready. We'll see this man again.

Image
thehog wrote:JV if you truly wish to save cycling.

Do something.

You know it's not real.

Your Garmin guys are getting killed.
User avatar Miburo
Senior Member
 
Posts: 6,224
Joined: 29 Jul 2012 19:33

23 Jun 2013 19:11

airstream wrote:The result is everything that matters. Froome has never won a GT


Indeed :cool:
Cancellara is like The Black Album. Really good but way overrated.
User avatar Netserk
Senior Member
 
Posts: 16,087
Joined: 30 Apr 2011 13:10
Location: Denmark

23 Jun 2013 19:16

Netserk wrote:Indeed :cool:


Yes, man following this criteria, you have no reasons to worry at all. -)) Seriously don't you find yourself funny with such an intrusive distaste to Froome's favoritism? Is it really so not logical?
User avatar airstream
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,283
Joined: 29 Mar 2011 18:32
Location: Minsk

23 Jun 2013 19:21

airstream wrote:Yes, man following this criteria, you have no reasons to worry at all. -)) Seriously don't you find yourself funny with such an intrusive distaste to Froome's favoritism? Is it really so not logical?

It was your words. Not mine. :rolleyes:
Cancellara is like The Black Album. Really good but way overrated.
User avatar Netserk
Senior Member
 
Posts: 16,087
Joined: 30 Apr 2011 13:10
Location: Denmark

23 Jun 2013 19:24

Netserk wrote:It was your words. Not mine. :rolleyes:


The things is you rephrase my words with the sense you want in the situation which doesn't relate to the future.
User avatar airstream
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,283
Joined: 29 Mar 2011 18:32
Location: Minsk

23 Jun 2013 19:54

airstream wrote:The things is you rephrase my words with the sense you want in the situation which doesn't relate to the future.

Did I mention the future?
Cancellara is like The Black Album. Really good but way overrated.
User avatar Netserk
Senior Member
 
Posts: 16,087
Joined: 30 Apr 2011 13:10
Location: Denmark

23 Jun 2013 19:56

Netserk wrote:Did I mention the future?


Yes, it was implied I think
User avatar airstream
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,283
Joined: 29 Mar 2011 18:32
Location: Minsk

23 Jun 2013 19:58

airstream wrote:Yes, it was implied I think

Image

Then it really isn't mentioned, is it?
Cancellara is like The Black Album. Really good but way overrated.
User avatar Netserk
Senior Member
 
Posts: 16,087
Joined: 30 Apr 2011 13:10
Location: Denmark

23 Jun 2013 20:32

airstream wrote:Is it quintessence his strength like a stage racer or evaluation criterion for the Tour?

What's more importand, final spot or gap?


The gap is an indication of where you stood in respect to the winner and those that finished ahead of you. Froome disappeared from view in the final week whether because he just gave up and coasted in or just succumbed to his fatigue. Contador continued to battle till the end. As much as you want to deny it you wouldn't allow yourself to give the rider that you despise credit over the current one who you support so this dialogue isn't going to go anywhere.
"It's a little bit scarey when Contador attacks." Tommie Voeckler
User avatar Angliru
Senior Member
 
Posts: 5,912
Joined: 10 Mar 2009 13:30

23 Jun 2013 20:49

Angliru wrote:The gap is an indication of where you stood in respect to the winner and those that finished ahead of you. Froome disappeared from view in the final week whether fat because he just gave up and coasted in or just succumbed to his fatigue. Contador continued to battle till the end. As much as you want to deny it you wouldn't allow yourself to give the rider that you despise credit over the current one who you support so this dialogue isn't going to go anywhere.


I never disagreed with the fact that Contador did his GT combo better, but I don't see what about it can say in terms of coming Tour. The Vuelta simply showed that rider Contador was prepared significantly better compared to his reachable peak than rider Froome compared to his peak. The Vuelta didn't say that GC racer Contador is stronger than GC rider Froome in general. This question can get an answer only in the Tour. Vuelta was just one time GT chapter.
User avatar airstream
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,283
Joined: 29 Mar 2011 18:32
Location: Minsk

23 Jun 2013 20:54

airstream wrote:I never disagreed with the fact that Contador did his GT combo better, but I don't see what about it can say in terms of coming Tour. The Vuelta simply showed that rider Contador was prepared significantly better compared to his reachable peak than rider Froome compared to his peak. The Vuelta didn't say that GC racer Contador is stronger than GC rider Froome in general. This question can get an answer only in the Tour. Vuelta was just one time GT chapter.

It showed that Contador has better recovery than Froome.
Cancellara is like The Black Album. Really good but way overrated.
User avatar Netserk
Senior Member
 
Posts: 16,087
Joined: 30 Apr 2011 13:10
Location: Denmark

23 Jun 2013 21:04

LaFlorecita wrote::confused:

:)


It's a clinic jibe, he can't seem to help himself.
User avatar ferryman
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,610
Joined: 30 Dec 2009 23:43
Location: LostinFife

23 Jun 2013 21:07

Netserk wrote:It showed that Contador has better recovery than Froome.


No, it's overly debatable on the level of some ample communiques like a rider A would crush anyone in a GT if he had form he had had a few years. There's no justification in this conclusion.
User avatar airstream
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,283
Joined: 29 Mar 2011 18:32
Location: Minsk

23 Jun 2013 21:10

airstream wrote:I never disagreed with the fact that Contador did his GT combo better, but I don't see what about it can say in terms of coming Tour. The Vuelta simply showed that rider Contador was prepared significantly better compared to his reachable peak than rider Froome compared to his peak. The Vuelta didn't say that GC racer Contador is stronger than GC rider Froome in general. This question can get an answer only in the Tour. Vuelta was just one time GT chapter.


Oh please give it a break. I'm not sure you even believe yourself anymore. Go back to pretending to support my boy Schleck, at least then you weren't constantly spouting this anti-Contador nonsense. Dial it back.
User avatar ferryman
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,610
Joined: 30 Dec 2009 23:43
Location: LostinFife

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: adamski101, DDavies, Hedser, Hugo Koblet, infeXio, kiilike, sulgpallur and 60 guests

Back to top