Register

Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

24 Jun 2013 11:51

movingtarget wrote:If it upsets you so much, stop reading the responses and stop responding. They are not breaking any rules. I will be happy for the race to start so all of the guesswork will be done with and actual performances can be discussed.

It doesn't upset me.
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita

24 Jun 2013 11:52

xrayvision wrote:Then STOP quoting them, the ignore is active. Its what we all should do, at least in this thread. To much trolling and baiting.

Agreed

User avatar LaFlorecita

24 Jun 2013 13:05

nick101 wrote:I don't think the tour will be a true representation of contador vs froome. Contador doesn't have form as far as we all know, .

Why?? I think he is in form.

You can say that, but any proven excuse for that, or any proof he is not in form, he has had all the year since september to get ready for this Tour, as other years, and his graphic of results and perfomance along the season has a similar shape to previous years, but a little more down

Of course that if he get the "form" of Verbier he will win the Tour, no doubt.

But following that little more down graphic of perfomance Contador should be out of podium this year, or even out of top 5, it depend the luck of him and rivals into the race.
User avatar Taxus4a

24 Jun 2013 13:17

Taxus4a wrote:Why?? I think he is in form.

You can say that, but any proven excuse for that, or any proof he is not in form, he has had all the year since september to get ready for this Tour, as other years, and his graphic of results and perfomance along the season has a similar shape to previous years, but a little more down

Of course that if he get the "form" of Verbier he will win the Tour, no doubt.

But following that little more down graphic of perfomance Contador should be out of podium this year, or even out of top 5, it depend the luck of him and rivals into the race.

Finally a Froome fan actually admits contadors maximum abilities are better than froomes!!! There is hope :D. I agree with most of that except, even his current form would be good enough to make podium (not second tho), if he were to improve his tt'ing (which is most likely after having the worst performance of his career, even if his climbing doesn't improve)
nick101

24 Jun 2013 14:26

nick101 wrote:Finally a Froome fan actually admits contadors maximum abilities are better than froomes!!! There is hope :D. I agree with most of that except, even his current form would be good enough to make podium (not second tho), if he were to improve his tt'ing (which is most likely after having the worst performance of his career, even if his climbing doesn't improve)

STOP trolling, I am not Froome fan. I am fan of Urán, I like a lot of riders, Froome as well, but not specially.

I dont think maximun abililities of Contador are better than Froome`s, I cant explain that in this part of the forum. But do you think "maximun abilities" of Contador could do the same than Amstrong in Hautacam?

I consider Contador better climber than Lance and much better in recovery, so if you are enough clever, you know what I mean and we could discuss it in other part.
User avatar Taxus4a

24 Jun 2013 14:28

Taxus4a wrote:STOP trolling, I am not Froome fan. I am fan of Urán, I like a lot of riders, Froome as well, but not specially.

I dont think maximun abililities of Contador are better than Froome`s, I cant explain that in this part of the forum. But do you think "maximun abilities" of Contador could do the same than Amstrong in Hautacam?

I consider Contador better climber than Lance and much better in recovery, so if you are enough clever, you know what I mean and we could discuss it in other part.

Stop it. Not allowed in this part of the forum. Not even hints.
User avatar LaFlorecita

24 Jun 2013 14:38

Taxus4a wrote:STOP trolling, I am not Froome fan. I am fan of Urán, I like a lot of riders, Froome as well, but not specially.

Froome is the unknown. Last year he was kept on a leash. Now he gets his chance. Contador's abilities are well known for a long time. We will see if Froome lives up to expectations and if he does, how well his rivals cope with it.
movingtarget

24 Jun 2013 14:40

LaFlorecita wrote:Stop it. Not allowed in this part of the forum. Not even hints.

Ok, so I dont answer to this affirmation , so it is as If I would say: Yes, I agree...

admits contadors maximum abilities are better than froomes

That wanst a question

Anyway I didnt say anything, and if he edit that, I edit as well.
User avatar Taxus4a

24 Jun 2013 14:48

movingtarget wrote:Froome is the unknown. Last year he was kept on a leash. Now he gets his chance. Contador's abilities are well known for a long time. We will see if Froome lives up to expectations and if he does, how well his rivals cope with it.

Yes, Froome is unknown figure in a way. But positive surprises are far more probable than negative one in his case.

Sirius cat wrote:Your arrogance knows no bounds Airstream. Now you are rewriting our language for us.....Incredible!

I said it right. to top-3 - verb, to podium - verb too, it's not lliterary forms, but they are ok for the forum. I used 'lout' this way.
User avatar airstream

24 Jun 2013 15:36

Contador: "I was at 75% in Dauphine"

Lots of catching up to do

http://m.feltet.dk/nyheder/selvsikker_contador_touren_passer_mig_i_aar/
User avatar Cimber

24 Jun 2013 16:12

Cimber wrote:Contador: "I was at 75% in Dauphine"

It is hard to believe a man that lies so many times... but I believe that, he used to be at 75% in Dauphiné (as much 80 %).

But with that and without giving it all, he managed to be on the podium several times.
User avatar Taxus4a

24 Jun 2013 16:16

Taxus4a wrote:It is hard to believe a man that lies so many times... but I believe that, he used to be at 75% in Dauphiné (as much 80 %).

But with that and without giving it all, he managed to be on the podium several times.

User avatar LaFlorecita

24 Jun 2013 16:28

LaFlorecita wrote:What is funny imo, is that of the last 116 (last 3 pages) posts,

72 were airstream and taxus posts or posters arguing with airstream and taxus

I say

[SIZE="7"]STOP[/SIZE]

shall we?

When I read this post, it reads as this.
"Stop all this discussion! Your questioning Alberto and raising the points that Froome is better or could be better and I don't like it!" :rolleyes: It's a public discussion forum Flo, maybe you should be the one that stops telling people not to post their thoughts and opinions.

And +1 to this
movingtarget wrote:If it upsets you so much, stop reading the responses and stop responding. They are not breaking any rules. I will be happy for the race to start so all of the guesswork will be done with and actual performances can be discussed.
Be the Goat

Fabio Aru: "si muore sulla bici"
User avatar Afrank

24 Jun 2013 16:50

Afrank wrote:When I read this post, it reads as this.
"Stop all this discussion! Your questioning Alberto and raising the points that Froome is better or could be better and I don't like it!" :rolleyes: It's a public discussion forum Flo, maybe you should be the one that stops telling people not to post their thoughts and opinions.

And +1 to this

So you think it's good to have a thread completely polluted by trolls and fights? And the reason I posted that is because someone tweeted me asking wtf was going on in this thread. Anyway, again this is off topic and again this is a BS post, can't we just discuss Alberto instead of endless fights "I hate Alberto" "I hate you because you hate Alberto" "I hate Alberto because you love Alberto" "I love Alberto because you hate Alberto" Seriously what the **** is the point?! Is this where it has come to??? That I, of all people, have to gets this thread back on track?? Jesus christ we're like a bunch of kids arguing in primary school. WTF. People have been asking for days now, to stop the arguing. Don't agree with airstream and taxus, fine, just ignore them. Because whenever someone disagrees with them, they'll have to disagree with the people who disagreed. It's a ****ing vicious circle. And we have posters who are trolling, trolls who are posting, posters who are posting and trolls who are trolling, we have trolls on both sides of the argument and I can't keep track of any discussion anymore. And where are the mods?? No the mods are just as busy polluting the thread (seriously Netserk, what's the point in having an endless argument with airstream, you know he's never going to change his mind). And we have loads of posters asking to stop quoting certain posters, we have posters insulting other posters, posters calling other posters trolls and in the end everyone ends up upset and no one's happy, except for trolls who are no doubt participating in the discussion, because they got what they want, namely, one big ****ed up mess.
User avatar LaFlorecita

24 Jun 2013 16:55

Cimber wrote:Contador: "I was at 75% in Dauphine"

Excuses.

Contador's just not the same (for whatever reason). He used to ride away and now, he kicks for a bit and others get back to his wheel (and in the case of Purito and Froome) ride past him.

I can't think of a recent race where he's been able to do what he did in the past. He won on tactics in the Vuelta (not that there's anything wrong with that) not because he could drop other climbers at will.

His only hope is that Froome messes up badly and he's there to take advantage of it. The TDF is clearly Froome's to lose.
richwagmn

24 Jun 2013 16:59

LaFlorecita wrote:So you think it's good to have a thread completely polluted by trolls and fights? And the reason I posted that is because someone tweeted me asking wtf was going on in this thread. Anyway, again this is off topic and again this is a BS post, can't we just discuss Alberto instead of endless fights "I hate Alberto" "I hate you because you hate Alberto" "I hate Alberto because you love Alberto" "I love Alberto because you hate Alberto" Seriously what the **** is the point?! Is this where it has come to??? That I, of all people, have to gets this thread back on track?? Jesus christ we're like a bunch of kids arguing in primary school. WTF. People have been asking for days now, to stop the arguing. Don't agree with airstream and taxus, fine, just ignore them. Because whenever someone disagrees with them, they'll have to disagree with the people who disagreed. It's a ****ing vicious circle. And we have posters who are trolling, trolls who are posting, posters who are posting and trolls who are trolling, we have trolls on both sides of the argument and I can't keep track of any discussion anymore. And where are the mods?? No the mods are just as busy polluting the thread (seriously Netserk, what's the point in having an endless argument with airstream, you know he's never going to change his mind). And we have loads of posters asking to stop quoting certain posters, we have posters insulting other posters, posters calling other posters trolls and in the end everyone ends up upset and no one's happy, except for trolls who are no doubt participating in the discussion, because they got what they want, namely, one big ****ed up mess.

The thread hasn't been polluted by trolls and fights, what's been happening in it is just discussion on Contador and Froomes chances at the Tour and comparisons between them. I don't see anything wrong with that. What I do see something wrong with is people like you trying to make other posters stop posting and hurling trolling insults and accusations around all over the thread simply because, as far as I can guess, you don't like their opinions on Contador or that their posting them. IMHO, that is the thing that is polluting the thread.
Be the Goat

Fabio Aru: "si muore sulla bici"
User avatar Afrank

24 Jun 2013 17:05

Florecita, if Froome wins the Tour and some 10-15 year old Froome fan will say to you 'get out of here with your fricking trolling and baiting', it would be normal. Be ready...:rolleyes:
User avatar airstream

24 Jun 2013 17:06

Afrank wrote:The thread hasn't been polluted by trolls and fights, what's been happening in it is just discussion on Contador and Froomes chances at the Tour and comparisons between them. I don't see anything wrong with that. What I do see something wrong with is people like you trying to make other posters stop posting and hurling trolling insults and accusations around all over the thread simply because, as far as I can guess, you don't like their opinions on Contador or that their posting them. IMHO, that is the thing that is polluting the thread.

Have you been following the discussions in this thread:confused::confused: it's not just a discussion on Contador's and Froome's chances:confused: There are two posters who think it's necessary to post 20 posts about the same damn thing. yes airstream we know you think Alberto is overrated and we don't know Froome's full capacity yet. Yes taxus we know you think Alberto can't do what he used to do anymore because of clinic reasons, and yes we know you think he's a clean cycling god. God, give it a rest.

Just by the sheer number of posts you can see something is wrong. Airstream 40 posts, taxus 40 posts since the start of the " discussion" . No other poster got even close to these numbers.
User avatar LaFlorecita

24 Jun 2013 17:08

airstream wrote:Florecita, if Froome wins the Tour and some 10-15 year old Froome fan will say to you 'get out of here with your fricking trolling and baiting', it would be normal. Be ready...:rolleyes:

User avatar LaFlorecita

24 Jun 2013 17:11

richwagmn wrote:
Contador's just not the same (for whatever reason). He used to ride away and now, he kicks for a bit and others get back to his wheel (and in the case of Purito and Froome) ride past him.

I can't think of a recent race where he's been able to do what he did in the past. He won on tactics in the Vuelta (not that there's anything wrong with that) not because he could drop other climbers at will.

Difficult to disagree with considering what we have seen this year. Froome is definitely the red hot favorite based on form shown this season. Means I get better odds :)

Still Alberto is on a new peaking plan this year, acknowledging that at age 30 it has become difficult for him to find his form. With a combination of his race savvy and a good team winning is doable. At least we know he will never give up trying for the win and that alone will make it an interesting race :)

I will be rooting for him to win regardless if it is the old killer Bertie or the new win by brains/savvy/tactics Bertie :) Still it looks like a monumental job to face. But if anyone can pull it off it is Alberto!
Carol S.
~~~~
Alberto Contador: "And yes, it is true that for me it's the same to finish second or 10th."

Vincezo Nibali joins Anquetil, Gimondi, Merckx, Hinault and Contador as only the 6th winner of all 3 Grand Tours! Bravo Lo Squalo!
Carols

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing