Log in:  

Register

Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

24 Jun 2013 18:22

Carols wrote:Good article. He sounds confident and amusing while giving full credit to the competition. Indeed with a few attacking riders (Spanish Armada) and a more difficult parcours it could be a very different race than 2012.

Loved this line:


And this shows both humor and an opportunist attitude, instead of attack at all costs:


The man surely doesn't sound as if he thinks he's beaten :)


I read the article as you have. He sounds like he really is where he wants to be and has a tactical plan to achieve his goal.
"The truth is when I race, it's 100% me" Alberto Contador

"I have no intention of being a conformist in this race. Not in the slightest" Alberto Contador

"We should all have more cake. Who doesn’t like cake?" Oleg Tinkov
User avatar Publicus
Senior Member
 
Posts: 9,781
Joined: 17 Mar 2009 12:55
Location: Oakland, CA

24 Jun 2013 18:22

me and taxus4a will easily find guys to talk without florecita, xray and sirius cat. but you have big troubles with skills of сilivized communication. you attempts to monopolize the thread with trash talk like 'don't talk to them' are laughable.

The fact that I use the same arguments is false. I use very different arguments. And discussion with I_Love_Cycling about Froome's and Contador's styles confirms it.
User avatar airstream
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,283
Joined: 29 Mar 2011 18:32
Location: Minsk

24 Jun 2013 19:08

airstream wrote:me and taxus4a will easily find guys to talk without florecita, xray and sirius cat. but you have big troubles with skills of сilivized communication. you attempts to monopolize the thread with trash talk like 'don't talk to them' are laughable.

The fact that I use the same arguments is false. I use very different arguments. And discussion with I_Love_Cycling about Froome's and Contador's styles confirms it.


Problems with civilized communication?
Are you kidding?

Now you have spend 500 posts saying the exact same thing over and over, your arguments are all the same, and still you keep arguing with people.

No wonder people put you on ignore, and nothing wrong with it either, if your record is broken you turn it off, same thing here.
User avatar xrayvision
Junior Member
 
Posts: 640
Joined: 15 Jan 2013 20:33

24 Jun 2013 20:21

Please Tour start....then real discussions can begin :D

La Flo - you are kind enough to post AC's comments from Twitter. Has he said anything interesting recently?
User avatar Contadoraus Schlecks
Junior Member
 
Posts: 548
Joined: 09 Jun 2012 09:09
Location: Scotland

24 Jun 2013 20:47

"@albertocontador: I've already the team that will accompany me to the Tour,very happy and proud of all of them,it's a pity that only 9can go, many deserve it."

"@albertocontador: They will be with me at the Tour Rogers,Kreuziger,Roche,Hernandez,Noval,Tosatto,Bennati&Paulinho.Guys,it will be tough but a beautiful July."

"@albertocontador: Today has been the last hard training, with a leg pain...!!!Now,to recover well,that on Saturday starts the Tour. #6daystogo #Tour"

"@albertocontador: Enhorabuena @MichaelMorkov ,nuevo campeon de Dinamarca.Congrats to my teammate @MichaelMorkov ,new champion of Denmark @teamsaxotinkoff"

Not really anything interesting :p
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita
Senior Member
 
Posts: 19,016
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

24 Jun 2013 21:13

airstream wrote:me and taxus4a will easily find guys to talk without florecita, xray and sirius cat. but you have big troubles with skills of сilivized communication. you attempts to monopolize the thread with trash talk like 'don't talk to them' are laughable.

The fact that I use the same arguments is false. I use very different arguments. And discussion with I_Love_Cycling about Froome's and Contador's styles confirms it.


Image

STOOOOOOPPPPPPPP!!!!

Enuff already!!
I'm in shape...Round is a shape
Unashamed Contador Fanboy

http://www.justcycling.myfastforum.org
User avatar Siriuscat
Junior Member
 
Posts: 749
Joined: 24 May 2010 21:39
Location: North East Scotland

24 Jun 2013 23:55

Contador is a nice guy






:)

"many guys are deserving"
craig walsh always with us
User avatar mewmewmew13
Senior Member
 
Posts: 5,239
Joined: 09 Aug 2010 22:20
Location: co

25 Jun 2013 10:37

User avatar Cimber
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,762
Joined: 03 Jan 2011 08:55

25 Jun 2013 11:06

mewmewmew13 wrote:Contador is a nice guy






:)

"many guys are deserving"


yes :) :)
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita
Senior Member
 
Posts: 19,016
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

25 Jun 2013 11:11



Fixed it for you: Alberto Contador ‏@albertocontador 36m
My friend ready to make me suffer.Today training behind motorbike, I hope that it had not too much fuel!;-)
User avatar xrayvision
Junior Member
 
Posts: 640
Joined: 15 Jan 2013 20:33

25 Jun 2013 11:19

LaFlorecita wrote:"@albertocontador: I've already the team that will accompany me to the Tour,very happy and proud of all of them,it's a pity that only 9can go, many deserve it."

"@albertocontador: They will be with me at the Tour Rogers,Kreuziger,Roche,Hernandez,Noval,Tosatto,Bennati&Paulinho.Guys,it will be tough but a beautiful July."

"@albertocontador: Today has been the last hard training, with a leg pain...!!!Now,to recover well,that on Saturday starts the Tour. #6daystogo #Tour"

"@albertocontador: Enhorabuena @MichaelMorkov ,nuevo campeon de Dinamarca.Congrats to my teammate @MichaelMorkov ,new champion of Denmark @teamsaxotinkoff"

Not really anything interesting :p


Thanks for that :)
User avatar Contadoraus Schlecks
Junior Member
 
Posts: 548
Joined: 09 Jun 2012 09:09
Location: Scotland

25 Jun 2013 11:37

Contador says his partnership with Riis is the best he have ever had, and that they see each other all the time now that they live only 1 km from each other.

Article in danish
http://sporten.tv2.dk/tour/2013-06-25-contador-mit-magiske-samspil-med-bjarne
notrolfsorensen
Junior Member
 
Posts: 117
Joined: 02 Oct 2012 11:06

25 Jun 2013 11:56

notrolfsorensen wrote:Contador says his partnership with Riis is the best he have ever had, and that they see each other all the time now that they live only 1 km from each other.

Article in danish
http://sporten.tv2.dk/tour/2013-06-25-contador-mit-magiske-samspil-med-bjarne


:eek: they just wub eachother:p
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita
Senior Member
 
Posts: 19,016
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

25 Jun 2013 12:25

LaFlorecita wrote::eek: they just wub eachother:p


Its a good thing, he's never had a DS solely focused on him before, bodes very well
I'm in shape...Round is a shape
Unashamed Contador Fanboy

http://www.justcycling.myfastforum.org
User avatar Siriuscat
Junior Member
 
Posts: 749
Joined: 24 May 2010 21:39
Location: North East Scotland

25 Jun 2013 14:59

DId anyone else see the interview on ES? Thought it was cool.
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita
Senior Member
 
Posts: 19,016
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

25 Jun 2013 15:17

LaFlorecita wrote:DId anyone else see the interview on ES? Thought it was cool.


what interview?when?:eek::D:)
Alberto Contador fanboy
Vamos Colombia!
Ryo Hazuki in August 2013 wrote:what? quintana is already better climber than froome. see final stages of the tour and he's only 23. quintana is the best climber I've sene since pantani. he will become a legend
User avatar ILovecycling
Senior Member
 
Posts: 6,398
Joined: 04 Aug 2010 12:00
Location: Prague

25 Jun 2013 15:27

ilovecycling wrote:what interview?when?:eek::d:)


16.30 cet :)
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita
Senior Member
 
Posts: 19,016
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

25 Jun 2013 15:34

not the interview but a different one http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/video/tour-france-countdown-alberto-contador-183504697.html

:eek: at 2.52:eek::rolleyes:
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita
Senior Member
 
Posts: 19,016
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

25 Jun 2013 15:41

LaFlorecita wrote:16.30 cet :)


Huh, be more specific. Was it on the programme "tour de France countdown"?
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago


journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch
Senior Member
 
Posts: 25,791
Joined: 14 Jun 2010 10:58
Location: London.

25 Jun 2013 15:45

LaFlorecita wrote:16.30 cet :)


LaFlorecita wrote:not the interview but a different one http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/video/tour-france-countdown-alberto-contador-183504697.html

at 2.52:eek::rolleyes:


Thanks,

yeah,2 times Tour de France winner, so embarassing statement:o
Alberto Contador fanboy
Vamos Colombia!
Ryo Hazuki in August 2013 wrote:what? quintana is already better climber than froome. see final stages of the tour and he's only 23. quintana is the best climber I've sene since pantani. he will become a legend
User avatar ILovecycling
Senior Member
 
Posts: 6,398
Joined: 04 Aug 2010 12:00
Location: Prague

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: archa55, cantalupe, distanced, Escarabajo, Gloin22, JosephD, MatParker117, Mayomaniac, Nick C., nuvolablu, PeterB, Pricey_sky, SafeBet, screaming fist, SkyTears, slosada, Strawberry_Jam, the sceptic, togo95, Velolover2, VO2 Max and 87 guests

Back to top