Log in:  

Register

Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

27 Jun 2013 14:31

Image

new helmet

Image

and new glasses
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita
Senior Member
 
Posts: 18,854
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

27 Jun 2013 14:46

LaFlorecita wrote:Image

new helmet

Image

and new glasses


A badass! :D
User avatar xrayvision
Junior Member
 
Posts: 640
Joined: 15 Jan 2013 20:33

27 Jun 2013 14:48

Miburo wrote:Please tell me when that occured?


Well, he has failed just a few times after his first TdF, but i.e. I mean he was more confident this year in Pais vasco than once in Algarve.
User avatar Taxus4a
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,264
Joined: 12 Aug 2012 18:48
Location: Castilla

27 Jun 2013 14:56

LaFlorecita wrote:Image
new helmet


I hope it's easier to spot in the field :)
Mark Cavendish: Are people so naive they think cycling's the only sport with a hidden past?
Maybe it's just the only sport where a hidden past's come out.
User avatar jyhjyh
Junior Member
 
Posts: 289
Joined: 10 Oct 2011 10:25

27 Jun 2013 16:25

Wow also new tt helmets

Image

Image

shiny
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita
Senior Member
 
Posts: 18,854
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

27 Jun 2013 16:35

Those are not new helmts. . .

Its the aero road helmet many specialized riders have been using for months now. It will only be used on flat road stages. On mountain stages they will still use the normal helmet and same for the ITT.

Also inb4 "but he is using while riding an itt bike", pros only ever wear itt helmets during race. they train using their normal helmets.
User avatar Parrulo
Senior Member
 
Posts: 10,123
Joined: 05 Aug 2010 01:42

27 Jun 2013 16:38

Parrulo wrote:Those are not new helmts. . .

Its the aero road helmet many specialized riders have been using for months now. It will only be used on flat road stages. On mountain stages they will still use the normal helmet and same for the ITT.


I know they're not new

I meant it's the first time saxo are using them

and they look like tt helmets to me. Also because Alberto's checking out his tt bike and on other pics he's wearing a normal helmet.
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita
Senior Member
 
Posts: 18,854
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

27 Jun 2013 16:38

Taxus4a wrote:The last interview I just read in spanish, it is to become a Contador's fan :p:D;)

just in case you can translate it:

http://www.biciciclismo.com/cas/site/noticias-ficha.asp?id=63351


Nothing about the pollen, is there? He was very happy with how he performed during the Dauphine and he is now at the level of where he wants to be. He spoke highly of Richie Porte and said that Ritchie must be watched carefully in the mountain and during time trial.
boladelmundo
Junior Member
 
Posts: 91
Joined: 08 Sep 2012 16:19

27 Jun 2013 16:39

Also a short video clip to go with the new Zerorh+ glasses :)

http://youtu.be/zRfP4xMCPKw plus http://youtu.be/ouyZ4gkI6Oo
User avatar sacrifice&hardwork
Junior Member
 
Posts: 185
Joined: 22 Aug 2012 18:09

27 Jun 2013 16:44

LaFlorecita wrote:I know they're not new

I meant it's the first time saxo are using them

and they look like tt helmets to me. Also because Alberto's checking out his tt bike and on other pics he's wearing a normal helmet.


The paint job is new, the helmet isn't.

Image

And its not a tt helmet.

Image

Oh and Contador is wearing that helmet on all the pictures you posted. . .
User avatar Parrulo
Senior Member
 
Posts: 10,123
Joined: 05 Aug 2010 01:42

27 Jun 2013 16:46

ok

in that case I dearly hope he's not gonna wear that atrocity
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita
Senior Member
 
Posts: 18,854
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

27 Jun 2013 16:47

Parrulo wrote:
Oh and Contador is wearing that helmet on all the pictures you posted. . .


I posted two pictures of him wearing the helmet of course:rolleyes:
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita
Senior Member
 
Posts: 18,854
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

27 Jun 2013 16:47

LaFlorecita wrote:ok

in that case I dearly hope he's not gonna wear that atrocity


He certainly will, specialized is paying for it after all

LaFlorecita wrote:and they look like tt helmets to me. Also because Alberto's checking out his tt bike and on other pics he's wearing a normal helmet.


LaFlorecita wrote:I posted two pictures of him wearing the helmet of course:rolleyes:


"consistency"
User avatar Parrulo
Senior Member
 
Posts: 10,123
Joined: 05 Aug 2010 01:42

27 Jun 2013 16:51

Parrulo wrote:He certainly will, specialized is paying for it after all


What's the point? Why not pay him to wear a normal helmet instead of a tt helmet:confused:

yes it's a tt helmet.. it looks ridiculous:cool:

"consistency"


No idea what you meant
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita
Senior Member
 
Posts: 18,854
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

27 Jun 2013 17:06

boladelmundo wrote:Nothing about the pollen, is there? He was very happy with how he performed during the Dauphine and he is now at the level of where he wants to be. He spoke highly of Richie Porte and said that Ritchie must be watched carefully in the mountain and during time trial.


Alberto know Porte well, he was his domestique, very strong in the TT, but nor in the Giro nor the Tour was in the mountains as the rest of his professional years.

He is not the only one whothink that about Porte, but.. he was already the last Tour there, he did a good job, he was after Rogers in the train, but he was far from Froome rol, Froome was working as well and finished second, and Porte finished 34th overall.

Could Porte do a good job and finish top 10? I think so, but not top 5. There are a lot of strong people for three weeks, Porte it is not so strong in three weeks and long climbs IMO.
User avatar Taxus4a
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,264
Joined: 12 Aug 2012 18:48
Location: Castilla

27 Jun 2013 17:23

LaFlorecita, how about the latest Saxo cycling video featuring Alberto to bring out a smile in you ;)

http://youtu.be/c2H8DG38AYA
User avatar sacrifice&hardwork
Junior Member
 
Posts: 185
Joined: 22 Aug 2012 18:09

27 Jun 2013 17:38

sacrifice&hardwork wrote:LaFlorecita, how about the latest Saxo cycling video featuring Alberto to bring out a smile in you ;)

http://youtu.be/c2H8DG38AYA


:eek::eek:
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita
Senior Member
 
Posts: 18,854
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

27 Jun 2013 17:57

Alex Oates ‏@Velocentric 7m
Alberto looks like he's waiting to speak with his school principal. #TdF

Image
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita
Senior Member
 
Posts: 18,854
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

27 Jun 2013 23:37

AC is no opponent against these alien arms(see pic above).:p The question is can AC match up with legs? LOL
Image
Either SKY bring us into future or bring us back ten years. Only time will tell.
User avatar maxmartin
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,410
Joined: 19 May 2011 21:46
Location: CA USA

28 Jun 2013 00:56

maxmartin wrote:AC is no opponent against these alien arms(see pic above).:p The question is can AC match up with legs? LOL
Image


If Froome gives himself cancer with what he is taking, will we have Livefroomy?
Oh my dear pal Floyd
Now I can't even compete
And be not normal
User avatar Zweistein
Junior Member
 
Posts: 375
Joined: 15 Jul 2010 16:36

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: meat puppet and 8 guests

Back to top