Register

Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

29 Jun 2013 15:35

LaFlorecita wrote:Mauduit (DS Saxo-Tinkoff) : "Not big injuries for Contador. He's fine right now. We'll see after the night how he's feeling"

Stay positive fleur ;)

It's a positive sign but we can only really know in the race, if contador would attack on stage 3 we can be sure that he's ok then :p
thehog wrote:JV if you truly wish to save cycling.

Do something.

You know it's not real.

Your Garmin guys are getting killed.
User avatar Miburo

29 Jun 2013 15:36

No matter what crashed are never good and they do take their toll
User avatar Cimber

29 Jun 2013 15:37

LaFlorecita wrote:Mauduit (DS Saxo-Tinkoff) : "Not big injuries for Contador. He's fine right now. We'll see after the night how he's feeling"

That's a relief, will likely be sore but has time to recover before the big GC stages.
User avatar Afrank

29 Jun 2013 15:40

Afrank wrote:That's a relief, will likely be sore but has time to recover before the big GC stages.

Ive heard that - no biggie, comments from ds's 100s of times only for it to end up being quite a biggie afterall.
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago

journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch

What a pity!

He has already his excuse if he fail: I put everything for the TdF, but I crash the first day.

It was the same last year for Valverde and Mollema, and it was quite a problem, so, it could happen with him.

Hope to see him in the Vuelta if he is not ok.
User avatar Taxus4a

Cimber wrote:No matter what crashed are never good and they do take their toll

In hindsight it's good saxo took it easy. No energy wasted trying to get back.
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador :p
User avatar LaFlorecita

29 Jun 2013 15:48

Taxus4a wrote:What a pity!

He has already his excuse if he fail: I put everything for the TdF, but I crash the first day.

It was the same last year for Valverde and Mollema, and it was quite a problem, so, it could happen with him.

Hope to see him in the Vuelta if he is not ok.

Seriously? Your already saying Contador is going to use this as an excuse should he not do well. :rolleyes:

Lets just wait and see, Like Hitch pointed out it wouldn't be a surprise if it turns out that the crash does affect him despite things looking okay for now.
User avatar Afrank

29 Jun 2013 15:52

Afrank wrote:Seriously? Your already saying Contador is going to use this as an excuse should he not do well. :rolleyes:

Lets just wait and see, Like Hitch pointed out it wouldn't be a surprise if it turns out that the crash does affect him despite things looking okay for now.

Just hoping it really isn't to serious and he can be a contender :(

What a muck up of a way to start le Tour.....:(
Carol S.
~~~~
Alberto Contador: "And yes, it is true that for me it's the same to finish second or 10th."

Vincezo Nibali joins Anquetil, Gimondi, Merckx, Hinault and Contador as only the 6th winner of all 3 Grand Tours! Bravo Lo Squalo!
User avatar Carols

29 Jun 2013 15:53

Carols wrote:Just hoping it really isn't to serious and he can be a contender :(

What a muck up of a way to start le Tour.....:(

Reminds me of 2011 TDF a lot:(:mad:
User avatar LaFlorecita

29 Jun 2013 15:54

Mikkel Condé v2.0 ‏@mrconde 6m
Contador says he doesn't think anything is broken. He did however hurt his left shoulder and right knee. #tdf

doesn't sound super optimistic
User avatar Cimber

29 Jun 2013 15:55

”It was an insanely chaotic stage and it's really a shame for everyone that the stage was opened in this chaos. We were confused to say the least in the car behind the field. First, we were told that the finish line was moved because of a bus blocking the road. We passed the information on to the riders who then did the sprint. The moment later, the finish line was moved back to its original spot and then in all the confusion the big crash happened. Alberto went to the ground and we still don't know about his precise condition. The boys have done such a good job all the way to avoid this situation and I think the desperation in the field because of the situation caused the crash,” said Team Saxo-Tinkoff's Fabrizio Guidi.
User avatar Cimber

Cimber wrote:Mikkel Condé v2.0 ‏@mrconde 6m
Contador says he doesn't think anything is broken. He did however hurt his left shoulder and right knee. #tdf

doesn't sound super optimistic

The knee again:mad: **** this
User avatar LaFlorecita

Lexman wrote:he didn't have a good impression when he crossed the line

The shoulder will be tender but nothing broken it seems. No one wants to see riders go out of the race injured on day one but poor Tony Martin is out with a broken collarbone.
movingtarget

29 Jun 2013 15:56

It was a hard crash and he hit the deck on his shoulder and back, but nothing broken, says Mauduit.
User avatar Cimber

29 Jun 2013 16:00

movingtarget wrote:The shoulder will be tender but nothing broken it seems. No one wants to see riders go out of the race injured on day one but poor Tony Martin is out with a broken collarbone.

Martin is a Big Loss for the race....hopefully when the carnage clears and everyone is checked out there won't be any more casualties.

But this is a dreadful start for Alberto :( He didn't look good crossing the line....I hope nothing is broken!
Carol S.
~~~~
Alberto Contador: "And yes, it is true that for me it's the same to finish second or 10th."

Vincezo Nibali joins Anquetil, Gimondi, Merckx, Hinault and Contador as only the 6th winner of all 3 Grand Tours! Bravo Lo Squalo!
User avatar Carols

29 Jun 2013 16:01

"It was a difficult day, that is the Tour. Sometimes you catch the falls and sometimes not, is a lottery, everyone wants to be in front, and today I have touched me.

I hope it's nothing serious. I'm bruised, but the blow was quite strong, especially on the left shoulder and right knee. I hope only body and paint and hopefully be fit for the team time and roll at home on the bike. There is still much Tour. I hope to sleep as best we can and today will cost a little more.

We knew we would not be chopping time and so we come in peace ".

(google-translated from http://www.biciciclismo.com/cas/site/noticias-ficha.asp?id=63424 )
User avatar Cimber

29 Jun 2013 16:02

Cimber wrote:It was a hard crash and he hit the deck on his shoulder and back, but nothing broken, says Mauduit.

You're about the 20th person to post this "nothing broken" line. Yeah we heard that about an hour ago. If somethingt was broken he would be out of the race. One can still be badly effected by a crash if nothing is broken.
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago

journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch

29 Jun 2013 16:02

movingtarget wrote:The shoulder will be tender but nothing broken it seems. No one wants to see riders go out of the race injured on day one but poor Tony Martin is out with a broken collarbone.

that's too bad, he did fear the Alpe d'Huez stage but out due to stage 1, pff him and TDF is not a good marriage...

they better put a strike on tomorrow...
User avatar Lexman

29 Jun 2013 16:04

Carols wrote:Martin is a Big Loss for the race....hopefully when the carnage clears and everyone is checked out there won't be any more casualties.

But this is a dreadful start for Alberto :( He didn't look good crossing the line....I hope nothing is broken!

WOW! First day & already big news and casualties, sad to see. Not a very good start for all involved obviously.
Check out my Facebook page devoted to the release(hopefully)of a 30th anniversary edition of American Flyers re-release on dvd. "Like" and comment on it if you will.:D
User avatar 86TDFWinner

29 Jun 2013 16:05

The Hitch wrote:You're about the 20th person to post this "nothing broken" line. Yeah we heard that about an hour ago. If somethingt was broken he would be out of the race. One can still be badly effected by a crash if nothing is broken.

The not broken line isn't the point. The hard hit to the shoulder, back (and knee) was however
User avatar Cimber

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing